Author Topic: Hardwick on Ch 7 news  (Read 1528 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick on Ch 7 news
« on: February 10, 2015, 07:08:20 PM »
Dimma was interviewed by Mark Stevens on Ch 7 news in Gippsland:

* Dimma is optimistic both Rance and Martin will stay at Tigerland. The free agency market is what it is and you've just got to deal with the speculation. Expects Rance to sign shortly and Dusty's contract negotiations won't be dragged out again like last time.

* Dusty's running capacity has increased and he'll spend more time in the midfield. It'll be interesting how he goes in there but we believe we need him in the midfield for us to improve as a side.

* Dimma is out of contract in 2016 and he accepts the pressure that comes with that as does the playing group.

* We learnt a lot about ourselves as coaches as well as the players when we were 3-10 last year. The best thing is it wasn't a wasted season. We picked ourselves up from 3-10 and made the finals which was important for us as a group and it will hold us in good stead this year.

-----------------------------

On Ch 9 news, Maric was interviewed and he said Rance was the type of guy who plays for the team and the jumper.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Hardwick on Ch 7 news
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 07:10:09 PM »
I tell you what, the body language by both rance and dimma didn't look positive.  Alot of shoulder shrugging when talking about signing back on.

Does not look good
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 07:41:34 PM »
RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick says Alex Rance has assured him his future is at Punt Road as fears grow Dustin Martin’s contract talks will drag on until season’s end.

Free agent Rance failed to give any guarantee he wanted to stay at Richmond on Tuesday, saying only that he would deal with it later in the year.

But while Tigers coach Hardwick said he believed both would re-sign, the Herald Sun understands Martin’s management is not yet willing to enter productive talks on a deal.

It believes he has an employment contract until the end of the season, with contract talks after the season finishes one option being strongly considered.

He is happy and settled at the club but delaying talks on a deal, with Richmond desperate to avoid another messy contract drama for the star midfielder.

Richmond captain Trent Cotchin signed a new deal late last year to remove a distraction but instead deals for Martin and Rance has been thrust into the spotlight.

Hardwick told the Herald Sun he was still confident of retaining both players but had to abide by the free agency and trade system.

“(Rance) is obviously an important player to us but free agency is part and parcel of what we do and when you have eight years of service you deserve the right to choose where you want to go,’’ he said.

“We have got no doubt (Alex) will stay at Richmond, he is a quality lad, he is a fantastic player and will continue to be so for the Richmond footy club.

“I think Dusty like all good players provides innuendo but we are very confident he will stay. We don’t think it will be a drawn-out process. We have got some quality people at the footy club doing their best to get his contract signed and we don’t think it will be a drawn-out process.”

Asked if he had sought assurances personally from Rance, he replied: “Yeah, absolutely. Dan Richardson takes care of that, but we speak to all of our players all of the time. It is one thing we are mindful of, keeping quality players at your club.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-stars-alex-rance-and-dustin-martin-not-rushing-into-new-deals-focus-on-2015-season/story-fndv8t7m-1227215058066

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 07:45:32 PM »
stuff me, now the body language doesn't look good? How'd did Rance's stars read?
I also heard his feng shui was out of balance.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 08:21:25 PM »
"We learnt a lot about ourselves as coaches as well as the players when we were 3-10 last year. "

" The best thing is it wasn't a wasted season."

Dimmer GOLD!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:12:37 PM by (•))(©™ »
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 09:06:53 PM »
THIS IS stuffing rubbish. if the RFC stuff these contract signings up and expect me to stay on the band wagon of failure they can stuff off. It's clear that's Hardwick is trying to guilt Rance into a signing just like Thompson did with Ablett.

Ffs Richmond, get them signed up you clowns.....

There you go Chuckhead plenty of stuffs in that paragraph for you.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 09:48:44 PM »
Settle everyone.
WP has already said he believes he will stay. He knows more about these things than anyone on here but people still disregard his reasoning because it is incongruous to the their negative views.
And, if in the unlikely event Rance does leave, it won't have anything to do with incompetence on behalf of the RFC, it will purely be the go home factor.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 09:52:42 PM »
Settle everyone.
WP has already said he believes he will stay. He knows more about these things than anyone on here but people still disregard his reasoning because it is incongruous to the their negative views.
And, if in the unlikely event Rance does leave, it won't have anything to do with incompetence on behalf of the RFC, it will purely be the go home factor.

Thanks for the vote of confidence  :thumbsup

But I've been told I'm on clueless and have no idea on this, so best not to listen to me  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 09:55:17 PM »
Settle everyone.

Does his entire family have the go home factor? Because they are all in Melbourne apparently.. :huh

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 09:57:08 PM »
Settle everyone.

Thanks for the vote of confidence  :thumbsup

But I've been told I'm on clueless and have no idea on this, so best not to listen to me  :rollin

Well I don't agree with people saying that WP, I just hope you are right mate, I really do because we need these players.

"Rucks:

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 10:03:03 PM »

Does his entire family have the go home factor? Because they are all in Melbourne apparently.. :huh

All of Alex's family relocated to Melbourne when he was drafted. They are all still living happily in Melbourne,
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 10:04:51 PM »

All of Alex's family relocated to Melbourne when he was drafted. They are all still living happily in Melbourne,

Well let's hope it stays that way.. :pray

"Rucks:

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 11:09:04 PM »

Well let's hope it stays that way.. :pray

I heard they all hate his guts now so they'd probably stay anyway.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 11:20:27 PM »
If Hardwick had have coached Essendon and had the same win/loss record, he'd have arseholed already..

Ain't that gorgeous !?
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 05:18:05 AM »
If Hardwick had have coached Essendon and had the same win/loss record, he'd have behindholed already..

Ain't that gorgeous !?

and we would have had M Knights????

Edited to correct quote & reply
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 06:47:51 AM by WilliamPowell »