Author Topic: The Indepensables ..... (Herald-Sun)  (Read 2588 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: The Indepensables ..... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 12:18:16 PM »
Riewoldt
Rance
Cotchin
Maric

Deledio
Martin

That's about it IMO.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: The Indepensables ..... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 01:12:34 PM »
i have 5 who i think are indespensable for us or just cant be replaced adequately.
maric - up the creek in this role if he goes down.mcbean, vickery, soldo and griffths no where near him as a ruck. hampson is okay at ruck contests but does little else and has no presence on the field.
cotchin - simply put the teams clearance and c/p king by some margin apart from miles.
rance - well we all saw how the other tall defenders coped when he wasnt there.  its a disgrace.
morris - some will raise eyebrows here. but tell me what other player do we have who has remotely looked capable of doing a decent job on those opposition sml fwds who constanly cut us up before morris came. there isnt anyone else.
miles - this kid was the catalyst to us becoming competetive in the back half of last yr.  like cotchin  a clearance and c/p winner. after him and cotch this area drops away dramatically for quality and consistency. lose one of them and we wont compete.

deledio and martin would be sorely missed as well but the roles they perform wont be missed as much.

Why not Reiwoldt Clawski? Reckon any of the other forwards could handle getting double teamed week in week out like Jack does? Griff can hardly kick a goal on the third best defender(plays a lot more up the ground I'll give him that) and Vickery is okay at kicking a goal but sucks at consistently giving a contest
yep i agree missed riewoldt somehow. hes missed just 1 game in 5yrs we dont know how we go without him. he sure as hell performs at a substantially higher level than any other tall fwd we have, most dont look capable of kicking 20 30 goals in a season yet alone 60.as you say it would be interesting to see how the others go when they get double and triple teamed.

maybe in a dumb sort of way losing riewoldt for 6 or 8 weeks would be a good thing. may make the club do something about this area and would force players to step up if they can.