Author Topic: Tigers Re-Sign Dustin Martin for 2 More years  (Read 9068 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers Re-Sign Dustin Martin for 2 More years
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2015, 11:12:22 AM »
Josh Gibson too short for us?

Darrou hard done by IMO. Not Rance's calibre though. Truth is unless he signs we won't have a proper KPD anymore. Astbury is fragile. Chaplin sucks 1 out, best as 3rd man up. Grimes missing an inch of height, a stone of KG's, also fragile. Elton - shown nothing so far.

We lose Rance we're in trouble. Saw what happened last year...

Grimes is tall enough I reckon. What's the diff between him and ranch? 1 cm from memory

Elton has had one or two really interesting games where he's gone well and pinch hit (well) in the ruck, but most of his games agreed are rubbish

Grimes is listed as 193/88. But at that weight he's not going to be strong enough to compete with proper talls the same height. And he doesn't play like a tall, more like a mid. The same way Vickery doesn't really play like a tall forward by using his height.

Rance is listed as 194/96. Evidently a much stronger body and IMHO I think he plays a notch about what his height/weight suggest he is capable of. Sign of a very mentally tough and determined bloke. Not exactly words I would attribute to Grimes.

I like Grimes however. He's quick and smart. Just think he should be 3rd tall or even a mid +/- rebounding defender if he can be taught to run/carry/kick a bit better.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Tigers Re-Sign Dustin Martin for 2 More years
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2015, 12:15:56 PM »
Fair call. I generally agree
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018