Author Topic: Jack Dyer Medal night - Sept 16  (Read 1813 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jack Dyer Medal night - Sept 16
« on: August 18, 2005, 04:30:02 PM »
Jack Dyer Medal 2005
richmondfc.com.au
2:45:25 PM Wed 17 August, 2005

The Jack Dyer Medal will be held on Friday, September 16 at the Plaza Ballroom, 191 Collins St, Melbourne starting at 7.00pm.

Tickets are $150.00 and can be purchased by calling Mark Campbell on (03) 9426 4485 or download the booking form below and fax to (03) 9421 2846.

The evening includes a 3-course meal, refreshments and entertainment. All players and coaching staff will be in attendance.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=insidetheclub&spg=aroundtheclubdisplay&articleid=223109

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Jack Dyer Medal night - Sept 16
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 04:49:14 PM »
Tucky will probably be the favourite with Richo not far behind. Either would be worthy winners.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 06:49:35 PM »
Poor Richo. Will probably be a 4-time runner up.

Hopefully he dominates the last two games and they can sneak him in for first.

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 12:54:49 AM »
Tucky should win it.

I love Richo, 2nd place would probably be appropriate, it has been one of his better seasons. You do have to feel sorry for a bloke that's finished 2nd 4 times!
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tucky to take ‘Jack’ home? (RFC site)
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 07:03:11 PM »
Tucky to take ‘Jack’ home?
11:44:02 AM Tue 23 August, 2005
Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au

We’re just over three weeks away from learning if Shane Tuck can achieve in just 25 games at Richmond what his illustrious father, Michael, couldn’t in 426 games at Hawthorn – win a club Best and Fairest award.

Amazingly, given Tuck senior’s remarkable 20-year playing stint in the Brown and Gold, which included a staggering seven premierships, he never managed to capture the Hawks’ B & F.

The likes of Leigh Matthews, Terry Wallace, Peter Knights, Dermott Brereton, Gary Ayres, John Platten and Jason Dunstall all managed to pip ‘Tucky’ in Hawthorn’s Best and Fairest count, at one time or another, throughout his magnificent two-decade career.

Shane Tuck, who made his AFL debut with Richmond in 2004 and played three games, has had a huge impact in his first full season of league football this year.

He has played in all 21 home-and-away games, averaging nearly 24 possessions per match, and is widely acknowledged as the competition’s most-improved player this season.

Will it be enough for him to win Richmond’s Best and Fairest award – the prestigious Jack Dyer Medal?

Be there at the Regent Theatre’s Plaza Ballroom on Friday, September 16 (from 7pm) to find out, as another chapter in the proud history of the Richmond Football Club is written.

Tickets for the Jack Dyer Medal Night cost $150 each and can be purchased by calling Mark Campbell on (03) 9426 4485.

Apart from watching all the excitement of the medal count unfold, and other Club awards handed out, you’ll enjoy a three-course meal, refreshments and entertainment, surrounded by all Tiger players and coaching staff, who will be in attendance.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=224239

Moi

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 07:19:52 PM »
Be a great story to tell for Tucky, so i wouldn't mind if he won it - but my heart hopes Richo wins it.

I will be in attendance and will do a report.  Glad to see the club drop the price to $150 - i thought $190 last year was a touch obscene.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 07:39:24 PM »

I will be in attendance and will do a report.  Glad to see the club drop the price to $150 - i thought $190 last year was a touch obscene.

Speaking of obscene.......

Obscene is the Tiger Ebay Auction site at the moment that has the reserve price on the Heritage round jumpers at $500 a pop  :gobdrop :gobdrop

I'm generous but not that generous :rollin

Oh yeah and I'm going to the B&F too ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005, 06:58:57 AM »
i will be there and something tells me this yr will be a tie b/w richo and tucky

and i think joel will be in the top 4,  would that be ironic, the two blokes who i believe should have been our captain will finish high up in the tally
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 07:00:39 AM by X-CITED »

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 07:51:46 AM »
Going to ask Richo for a dance Moi?