Author Topic: Richmond vs W.Bulldogs @ MCG - Round 2, 2015 / Discuss loss here.  (Read 19839 times)

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Discuss loss here.
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2015, 05:48:00 PM »
If we lose Rance to free agency. Sell the club.

= my brain during 3rd quarter

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2015, 05:49:38 PM »
Our lack of leadership continues to be our biggest issue IMESHO

Indictment that it was Chaplin at 3qtr time trying to fire us the troops
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gigantor

« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2015, 05:57:29 PM »
WP maybe lack of leadership is all part of the culture thing so many keep highlighting.
What I thought today was that nobody bothered/wanted to change things ,we appeared to keep playing the same way throughout the day in the hope our way will prevail.

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2015, 05:58:47 PM »
Our lack of leadership continues to be our biggest issue IMESHO

Indictment that it was Chaplin at 3qtr time trying to fire us the troops

Troops are fired up by putting ones head over the ball and trying very hard.

Not shouting imho

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond vs W.Bulldogs @ MCG - Round 2, 2015
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2015, 06:02:04 PM »
Leadership in our case lack of it is still a major issue

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2015, 06:05:24 PM »
Geez, even though we lost, what a game. So many positives to come from it. Petterd, he'll be a player, Morris better go to the doctor again and get a shot for leather poisoning. Chaplin is the general, so calm and, whoa, hands like a vice. Cotch gets 30 touches and they're all damaging. Lambert, we've found another one there. Newman, 500 games is in his sights playing a blinder like that. The chemistry of the team is amazing, they are all on the same wavelength. Won't be long before we start winning games that we're heavy favourites in.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2015, 06:08:06 PM »
WP maybe lack of leadership is all part of the culture thing so many keep highlighting.
What I thought today was that nobody bothered/wanted to change things ,we appeared to keep playing the same way throughout the day in the hope our way will prevail.

Yeah it probably has a bit to do with it but at some point you want your captain to try and drag his teammates along. We didn't get that today in any form. Today our captain was guilty of appearing of what you've mentioned not wanting to change things, thinking it was just going to happen. It didn't and we got what we deserved.

You need your leaders to change this perceived culture days like today make you wonder of they can or know how

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2015, 06:08:14 PM »
One clear lesson out of it Morris as a defensive forward is no good. He cant crumb.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2015, 06:08:19 PM »
My issues with Richmond, in order of concern.
1-Our midfield getting walloped 2 weeks in a row by, on paper, weaker and less experienced mids.
2-The way we move the ball forward. You can't always move forward by going sideways, we are chipping when we should go long and vice versa. Also, although we can look dangerous when we bomb it to FF, the tactic loses it's lustre if there are 10 players in the square.
3-Tackling/belief. Our players seem to have a unique belief in themselves, an unshakeable belief that I have seen for decades at Tigerland, this is the belief that someone else will do the tackling for them, and the ball will magically land in their hands for them to make the easy getaway.
4-Cotchin's kicking.
5-Pace. We don't have any. Losing our 2 quickest players for today's game exposed us badly.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2015, 06:10:37 PM »
Dogs played a harassing zone and we fell for it. Refused time and again to get numbers to the ball and move it quickly. Hunt tried to do it a few times but no one ran wirh him. Run and carry we did not do today. We looked like a Malthouse special team with zimmer frames.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2015, 06:11:19 PM »
No1 complained of on field leadership last year in the back half when it was impressive. Yet I don't recall anything major Hardwick did tactically to turn our season around.
Go Tigers!

No More

« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2015, 06:11:45 PM »
at least 5 players who played today aren't up to finals AFL standard. they can play for bottom clubs but not clubs who want to contend. you cant play 5 or 6 players short and when you have a couple of outs like deledio and Edwards ... then losing almost becomes a certainty. should have had a million bucks on the bullies today, dooks was right.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2015, 06:13:19 PM »
No1 complained of on field leadership last year in the back half when it was impressive. Yet I don't recall anything major Hardwick did tactically to turn our season around.

With respect Pope, I'm always questioning our leadership. Even during that run last year. I have major concerns about it, have for quite some time now. It's just on days like to day the lack of leadership shines like a beacon, unfortunately

Gigantor

« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2015, 06:14:17 PM »
How many times today did we go forward  by first chipping the ball around,going from one side of the ground to the other.The doggies just waited and picked us off when the keystone cops turned it over.
Me I think our backline is fine and so is our midfield ,but unfortunately our forward line is disfunctional and has let us down now for  quite a few years.With Lids out martin and cotch couldn't rest up forward as much thus we became impotent.
Griff is just ok,but he doesn't crunch packs and bring the ball to the ground for the crumbers,mind you neither does lazy bones Vickery.is it worth giving astbury a shot up forward

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2015, 06:15:35 PM »
Where was Newman when we needed leadership. Sure he (mis)kicked a goal but he should of nailed that kick to the lead and just got lucky. Gordon is a stuffing dud he needs to be stuffed off to the VFL for the rest of the year then dumped from the list. Morris looked immensly better once moved back. Was impressed with Lloyd, had a presence. Griff went missing like he usually does. McIntosh got a few disposals again but I still have my doubts but he has plenty of time and credits in the bank to deserve games. Rance and Martin make me moist.