Author Topic: Richmond vs W.Bulldogs @ MCG - Round 2, 2015 / Discuss loss here.  (Read 19840 times)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Discuss loss here.
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2015, 06:16:35 PM »
at least 5 players who played today aren't up to finals AFL standard. they can play for bottom clubs but not clubs who want to contend. you cant play 5 or 6 players short and when you have a couple of outs like deledio and Edwards ... then losing almost becomes a certainty. should have had a million bucks on the bullies today, dooks was right.

I really wonder about Lloyd, he is pretty so so to me. Maybe he'll come good but there were some pretty awful shots at goal by him today. For a small forward he should be a good kick at goal and he is average.  If he had goaled a couple of extra times we'd have been in the game and who knows.

Jack missing early and late didnt help either

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2015, 06:17:23 PM »
Claw was right. Thomas should have come in.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2015, 06:17:40 PM »
Dogs played a harassing zone and we fell for it. Refused time and again to get numbers to the ball and move it quickly. Hunt tried to do it a few times but no one ran wirh him. Run and carry we did not do today. We looked like a Malthouse special team with zimmer frames.

Yes, life is like a Scanlens footy card for some, who think they have all day to line up a nice handball for the cameraman. Meanwhile the rest of the league is going a million miles an hour getting the pill to their forwards. 

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2015, 06:19:55 PM »
Dogs played a harassing zone and we fell for it. Refused time and again to get numbers to the ball and move it quickly. Hunt tried to do it a few times but no one ran wirh him. Run and carry we did not do today. We looked like a Malthouse special team with zimmer frames.

Yes, life is like a Scanlens footy card for some, who think they have all day to line up a nice handball for the cameraman. Meanwhile the rest of the league is going a million miles an hour getting the pill to their forwards.

The Scanlen Tigers.  ;D
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2015, 06:21:06 PM »
Leadership is simply, something gone supporters can feel.

We've felt none for decades.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2015, 06:21:41 PM »
How many times today did we go forward  by first chipping the ball around,going from one side of the ground to the other.The doggies just waited and picked us off when the keystone cops turned it over.
Me I think our backline is fine and so is our midfield ,but unfortunately our forward line is disfunctional and has let us down now for  quite a few years.With Lids out martin and cotch couldn't rest up forward as much thus we became impotent.
Griff is just ok,but he doesn't crunch packs and bring the ball to the ground for the crumbers,mind you neither does lazy bones Vickery.is it worth giving astbury a shot up forward

It wasnt just the forwards failing to take their opportunities it was the slow movement forward that allowed the dogs to get numbers back in a good defensive zone that we couldnt penetrate. If th opposition do this you have to move it quickly before their zone gets set up. 

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2015, 06:23:35 PM »
I hope Hardwick tears srrips off the team today.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2015, 06:26:24 PM »
I hope someone tears strips off him.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Richmond vs W.Bulldogs @ MCG - Round 2, 2015
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2015, 06:28:13 PM »
Caracella and Balmey.

Gigantor

« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2015, 06:31:13 PM »
Sat with Bo at the footy today..now theres a man who disected the game with  the precision of Dr Christian Barnard..Quite an eye opener to sit with the great man

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2015, 06:35:40 PM »
Our lack of leadership continues to be our biggest issue IMESHO

Indictment that it was Chaplin at 3qtr time trying to fire us the troops

Troops are fired up by putting ones head over the ball and trying very hard.

Not shouting imho

Disagree, reckon you need someone who can say the right things and pump the boys up and THEN put their head over the ball and do what needs to be done

Also WP, out of curiosity, who's your ideal captain if anyone?

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2015, 06:37:28 PM »
Forward line none existent today, put Tony locket or Gary ablett into the team and guess what you WIN, how can a team have 80 more possies, 10 more marks I50, 6 more i50s and stuffen we'll lose .
We had 6 players flapping their arms like Sammy the seal out there today, I'm bloody ropeable we let we let a golden op slip  :banghead
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2015, 06:38:00 PM »

Also WP, out of curiosity, who's your ideal captain if anyone?

Luke Hodge but we don't have Luke Hodge

Form our current list right now it would be Ivan Maric

Hopefully in a few years it will be Nick Vlaustin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2015, 06:38:43 PM »
How many times today did we go forward  by first chipping the ball around,going from one side of the ground to the other.The doggies just waited and picked us off when the keystone cops turned it over.
Me I think our backline is fine and so is our midfield ,but unfortunately our forward line is disfunctional and has let us down now for  quite a few years.With Lids out martin and cotch couldn't rest up forward as much thus we became impotent.
Griff is just ok,but he doesn't crunch packs and bring the ball to the ground for the crumbers,mind you neither does lazy bones Vickery.is it worth giving astbury a shot up forward

It wasnt just the forwards failing to take their opportunities it was the slow movement forward that allowed the dogs to get numbers back in a good defensive zone that we couldnt penetrate. If th opposition do this you have to move it quickly before their zone gets set up.

Both of you are spot on.

In regard to Hardwick tearing strips, he would do that. Too many favorites in the team
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Gigantor

« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2015, 06:39:33 PM »
gee Bo kept the Sammy the seal comment well hidden today