Author Topic: Grigg, Houli, Pettard, Newman, Chaplin, Damien...  (Read 3287 times)

No More

Re: Grigg, Houli, Pettard, Newman, Chaplin, Damien...
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2015, 05:25:45 PM »
I thought the back line held the opposition to 12 goals, not exactly a cricket score , with 6 more i50 than the opposition , I thought u might be lining up the forwards that couldn't get a kick walking through a horse stable ,,,but hey I'm a little crazy too  ::)

the defence only holds up because rance is back there. take rance out and the bulldogs would have kicked another 5 or 6 goals easy.

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2015, 05:30:13 PM »
I thought the back line held the opposition to 12 goals, not exactly a cricket score , with 6 more i50 than the opposition , I thought u might be lining up the forwards that couldn't get a kick walking through a horse stable ,,,but hey I'm a little crazy too  ::)

then you would not be paying enough attention to obvious aggression and effort

the defence only holds up because rance is back there. take rance out and the bulldogs would have kicked another 5 or 6 goals easy.

yes indeed

when you have potentially the #1 player in the league, you are always going to be competitive

it would be very different imho if rance did not play. he is a absolutely gifted footballer and covers a lot of gaps. for proof think back to last season without rance (of course maric and deledio are excellent too)

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2015, 05:32:26 PM »
Rance and our whole defense was good. Our mids and forwards were smashed.

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2015, 05:33:49 PM »

i think houli had zero (not many) kicks in the first 1/4.

the collective had zero tackles in the first 1/8 of the spectacle

tony_montana

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2015, 07:42:09 PM »
What would be worse is if Rance leaves and we have not committed to free agency in the last few years and ultimately we get no one there. Without h in the first half we would have been 6 goals down at half time.

Can Butler Lennon and knights get a gig next week. Please. :pray

They probably will, but the duds mentioned in the op will still be there unfortunately...

Saw an incident where Chapman was sweeping as last man ran for the bal and it went straight through his legs the stuffing gimp! luckily batch or one of our defenders got there to mop it up. How often do u see this guy do stuff like that?

Newmans shot on goal in the final quarter, had all the time in the world but missed it when we really needed a supposed leader to stand up, Jack missed a couple of sitters too. Not good enough!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2015, 07:46:18 PM »
holding the opposition to 12 goals and winning the possession count by a mile would generally tell me there's something amiss with our front half foremost  , it's not houli and batches fault the forward line lay 5 tackles for the game .....
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2015, 07:53:11 PM »
Our defenders defended well but throughout the whole group the defense was terrible.

tony_montana

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2015, 08:27:38 PM »
Our defenders defended well but throughout the whole group the defense was terrible.

spot on. Defensively we couldn't run with them, consistently outran us. I will say the score flattered us, they missed a lot of very easy goals today. Thought they were a 6-7 goal better side today

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2015, 08:51:03 PM »
Their pressure was enormous but I felt the first half we were the better team. Despite losing I felt we had the better of them just didn't convert.

No More

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2015, 08:59:31 PM »
holding the opposition to 12 goals and winning the possession count by a mile would generally tell me there's something amiss with our front half foremost  , it's not houli and batches fault the forward line lay 5 tackles for the game .....

I will watch the replay during the week but from memory Batchelor on at least 2 times made decisive errors which cost us goals. I thought he was poor today.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2015, 09:23:39 PM »
Defence was pathetic.

Only Rance can hold his head high.

The rest all lost contests, turned over the ball, fumbled, let their opponents run off etc.

We didn't get smashed because the Dogs didn't kick straight.

Rest assured. Backline was very average.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2015, 09:27:04 PM »
What would be worse is if Rance leaves and we have not committed to free agency in the last few years and ultimately we get no one there. Without h in the first half we would have been 6 goals down at half time.

They probably will, but the duds mentioned in the op will still be there unfortunately...

Saw an incident where Chapman was sweeping as last man ran for the bal and it went straight through his legs the stuffing gimp! luckily batch or one of our defenders got there to mop it up. How often do u see this guy do stuff like that?

Newmans shot on goal in the final quarter, had all the time in the world but missed it when we really needed a supposed leader to stand up, Jack missed a couple of sitters too. Not good enough!

Never is with us Tone. Always half baked, half measures when full metal jackets are required.

A club that has doubled its membership in the last 5-10 years should not be where it is.

People who talk talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

That's our footy club.

Hi I'm Troy Chaplin and I am an AFL footballer.

Name may as well be John Smith and I work customer service for Telstra.

Same sort of passion emitted from both. Expressionless.

Personnel on the field are timid mentally and emotionally.

Club is too politically correct and afraid to think or act outside the square.

Hence team plays accordingly.

Hooray for everything.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2015, 09:35:05 PM »

Never is with us Tone. Always half baked, half measures when full metal jackets are required.

A club that has doubled its membership in the last 5-10 years should not be where it is.

People who talk talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

That's our footy club.

Hi I'm Troy Chaplin and I am an AFL footballer.

Name may as well be John Smith and I work customer service for Telstra.

Same sort of passion emitted from both. Expressionless.

Personnel on the field are timid mentally and emotionally.

Club is too politically correct and afraid to think or act outside the square.

Hence team plays accordingly.

Hooray for everything.

Agreed. Especially about the general politeness of the club.

Look at Hawthorn. Clarkson punches holes in walls and gets in trouble at his kid's footy games.

Lake gives Mitch Clark hell.

Whole team gets stuck into Motlop about getting on the pee, ends up suspended.

And apparently they take mental illness seriously and don't condone this behaviour lmao.

They love it. The revel in it. And it works so they don't give a stuff.

Just wanna see my club giving out some pain. Looking angry and frustrated like Rance does. Not nonchalant when we're losing. Get angry and smash them. Kick a goal. Smash them again.

There's no heart out there. Pack of apathetic uphill gardeners.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 09:49:31 PM by one-eyed »

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2015, 09:39:52 PM »
How many of you expected to win?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 09:54:44 PM by one-eyed »
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2015, 09:43:09 PM »

We didn't get smashed because the Dogs didn't kick straight.

They kicked more accurately than us but nice try.