Author Topic: Changes for the Lions game?  (Read 11695 times)

Jackstar is back!!!

Re: Changes for the Lions game?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 10:30:43 AM »
Who's gives a stuff.

I do
Think we need to fix the big man dept and get first use of ball for once
Griffo in the ruck isn't working as our structure up forward falls down when he is in the ruck
We all agree Ty isn't the answer

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 10:35:22 AM »
I don't agree.

I think Maric needs to go, the speed of footy has gone past him and he is incapable up forward.

We should play Vickery as first ruck and swap with Griffiths to give us two mobile ruckman who are capable up forward.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2015, 10:36:34 AM »
Astbury as a forward might be worth consideration. Key backs look settled and I think I could work just fine. One thing is for sure, we need leg speed in the forward half as Lloyd and co are just too slow.

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2015, 10:38:06 AM »
Deledio - Elton - Grimes
McIntosh - Rance - Dea
Hunt - Cotchin - Vlastuin
Lennon - Astbury - Knights
Reiwoldt - Griffiths - Edwards
Maric - Martin - Miles

Menadue
McBean
Arnot
Conca

Port Melbourne Coach  8)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2015, 11:57:55 AM »
Who's gives a stuff.

I do
Think we need to fix the big man dept and get first use of ball for once
Griffo in the ruck isn't working as our structure up forward falls down when he is in the ruck
We all agree Ty isn't the answer

WGAF!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Gigantor

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2015, 12:42:27 PM »
It seems the bulldogs yesterday did a number on big Ivan.They appeared to isolate him and took advantage of his lack of mobility

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2015, 01:01:49 PM »
It seems the bulldogs yesterday did a number on big Ivan.They appeared to isolate him and took advantage of his lack of mobility

bring in tyrone - at least he can run

ping

pong

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2015, 04:28:46 PM »

Same with Chaplin. Only one true key tall in Bulldogs fwd line and we went to top heavy and low mobility. Should have gone in with Rance and Grimes plus quick running backs.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Gigantor

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2015, 04:46:14 PM »
Chaplin is a strange one...He's tall but doesn't  really play that role.He can look really good in games  and other  times he looks hopeless.Dont  really know how to judge him.Maybe he reflects the fortunes of the team,but isnt one who will dig us out of a hole

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2015, 05:43:29 PM »
Chaplin is a strange one...He's tall but doesn't  really play that role.He can look really good in games  and other  times he looks hopeless.Dont  really know how to judge him.Maybe he reflects the fortunes of the team,but isnt one who will dig us out of a hole

imho

chaplin is terrible

i think rance can take his game to an even higher level; if you surround him with elton astbury grimes, instead

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2015, 05:46:12 PM »
Chaplin plus a number of other Tigers are lazy both physically but even more importantly mentally. Things just get too tough when the momentum isn't going their way so it's almost like they sulk instead of lifting the head and fighting it out. Some players seem content after a loss,  look at the faces of players from top 4 teams after a loss,  you just know they will push themselves to the limit the next game. Our guys just seem to go through the motions,  we seem to pick up players from other clubs who don't respond well to pressure but I guess that's why they are let go by their former clubs in the first place.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2015, 05:52:02 PM »
So many selecting Dea as an in but I don't know why.
So far he's shown nothing that I've seen that warrants any excitement whatsoever.
So to those who want him in the team, I'm asking why?
The club that keeps giving.

Gigantor

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2015, 05:52:52 PM »
Not sure if Dea is even back on the track yet

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2015, 06:08:12 PM »
Dea is injures still so move right along please.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2015, 01:30:26 PM »
The Barometer - Round 3
Herald-Sun
April 14, 2015

RICHMOND

ON THE BLOCK: Is the Steve Morris as a forward experiment dead after two weeks? He had eight disposals on Saturday after three in Round 1 and offers nothing offensively, scoring 0.0 for the season so far. Nathan Gordon started in the green vest again and probably needs a full game in either the AFL or VFL. Jake Batchelor could pay the price for some horrible turnovers while Ricky Petterd was a late inclusion and will probably go straight out again.

ON THE CUSP: Chris Knights was close to a game last week and picked up another 29 disposals in the VFL. Richmond’s top draft pick from last November Corey Ellis had 20 disposals playing across half-back and Nathan Foley played a half in his return from a foot injury. The Tigers will be desperate to get Shane Edwards back into the 22.

AL PATON’S FORECAST: A trip to Brisbane this week gives the Tigers a chance to get back ahead in the win-loss column — Richmond has won its past nine against the Lions including four at the Gabba. But bigger questions will take longer to answer. Damien Hardwick identified forward pressure as an area improvement was needed and worked on it all pre-season, then watched as Robert Murphy strolled out of defence unchallenged on Saturday to set up repeated Bulldogs attacks. A bold solution might be draftee Dan Butler, a goalsneak and tackling machine who ranked No. 1 among forwards for pressure at last year’s under-18 championships.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/the-barometer-whos-hot-and-whos-not-at-your-afl-club/story-fnelctok-1227301723934?sv=73484b65ecaa910e4c4542606640f952