Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt on 'On the Couch'  (Read 806 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jack Riewoldt on 'On the Couch'
« on: April 21, 2015, 11:41:12 AM »
Jack interviewed on 'On the Couch' last night ...

Watch here: http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=jack-riewoldt-on-the-couch_1227312711305

---------------------------------------------------------------

RICHMOND forward Jack Riewoldt joined the On The Couch team for the first time in his career and spoke about how the Tigers are improving as a team.

“For us to go forward as a group, we need more options up forward ... Finding avenues to goal and adding strings to our bow is really important,” Riewoldt said.

Key defender Alex Rance still hasn’t sorted his contract situation and remains in the interest of several clubs as a free agent.

But Riewoldt insisted he hasn’t spoken to Rance about his future.

“I’m not in Alex’s ear,” he said. “For him, it comes down to what he decides to do. He’s a fantastic teammate, person and leader.”

Riewoldt was also questioned on reports Rance may retire at season’s end.

“Ultimately, it’s his decision,” Riewoldt said. “If he decides to take that path, then he’s a great friend of mine and I’d support him with any decision he makes.

“He’s certainly the best defender in the game. He can play on talls or smalls and he’s really quick. His footy nous is improving as well, he really thinks about the games.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/afl-2015-jack-riewoldt-on-alex-rance-fremantle-flag-hopes-chris-yarran-punch-what-you-missed-on-tv-last-night/story-e6frf3e3-1227312738822

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jack Riewoldt on 'On the Couch'
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 02:43:57 PM »
This is exactly how the Rance question should be getting answered. Ironic really, given how Jack was bagged last year in talking about the game plan.
Open slather for club officials to put pressure on our best player re-signing for what reason?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Riewoldt on 'On the Couch'
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 12:24:59 PM »
More from Jack:

* Over the last two years, I’ve certainly trimmed up a lot. It’s just basically developing as the game moves on and not being a one-trick pony.

* In 2010, I played a lot of inside-50 but I sort of got found out in 2011 and 2012. I then had to go to a different part of my game, so I increased my fitness and with that trimmed down.

* I’ve probably lost a bit of brute strength but it’s about refining your technique then.  It’s being able to use, what’s probably for me the strongest part of my body – my hips and my legs – and being smarter with that.

* For us to go forward as a forward line group, we need to have more multiple options up forward. Finding avenues to goal and being a side that’s got a lot of strings to their bow is really important. The way Dimma sees our forward line structure – and I fully buy into it – is me playing up the ground and sometimes playing deep - just continuing to play my role.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-04-21/riewoldts-forward-thinking