Author Topic: Richmond vs Melbourne @ MCG - Round 4, 2015  (Read 20349 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Richmond vs Melbourne @ MCG - Round 4, 2015
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2015, 05:15:42 PM »
Melbourne are far from crap, not switched on we will lose!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2015, 05:16:16 PM »
MCG website saying they're expecing a crowd of 52,000 on Friday night.

http://www.mcg.org.au/Events/Upcoming%20Events/Event%20Details.aspx?eid=b44a136f-f509-4309-a3d6-fe3ea90da9ce

A question re: attending this match.  Do I need to book tickets or will my membership allow me entry but restrict me to where I can sit?  I'm looking at sitting somewhere near the Tiger Army in M3 but not sure if I need to book for that area?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 05:26:38 PM »
It's not our fault that every shot team in the comp thinks they're a chance to beat us.
All they need do is apply pressure to our little pansy list
No doubt we are yet to lose the "egg" tag and Friday night is a test of that given what happened last year against Melbourne  :P. However, let's wait until the result of the game before we start chiseling our tombstone  ;D  ;). A win, no matter how, is all that matters.

U can't say that about MELBOURNE.
These sides we should annihilate.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 05:29:33 PM »
Cos " we're a better team this year" ;D
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2015, 05:33:28 PM »
MCG website saying they're expecing a crowd of 52,000 on Friday night.

http://www.mcg.org.au/Events/Upcoming%20Events/Event%20Details.aspx?eid=b44a136f-f509-4309-a3d6-fe3ea90da9ce
Under 60 would be a fail
::)

There's been only 3 times that Richmond vs Melbourne has got a crowd of 60k+.

* 76k turned up to Round 22 shocker in 1998  :P  :scream.

* Round 15 loss in 2006 when Melbourne were 4th (the last time they were in the finals) and we were 8th and fighting to stay in the finals race which ultimately failed.

* Round 14 loss in 2011 when it was built up by Garry Lyon as the battle of the two "up and coming" sides. 5 weeks later Melbourne lost to Geelong by 186 pts, Bailey was sacked and they imploded as a club.
Yeah but it really should get 60k if it's going to be a regualr season blockbuster. If we can get 61k in 2011 we should be able to get more than that on a Friday night and being the first Anzac day eve blockbuster regardless of weather. Melbourne fans will be out in force having their first good start to the season in years.

I'm going to predict 64,000
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2015, 05:37:20 PM »
Cold, possible snow in dem dere hills.
Lucky 50

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2015, 05:37:44 PM »
Actually go low 40s

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2015, 06:11:51 PM »
A question re: attending this match.  Do I need to book tickets or will my membership allow me entry but restrict me to where I can sit?  I'm looking at sitting somewhere near the Tiger Army in M3 but not sure if I need to book for that area?

Smokey,

Yes your membership will get you in and there will restrictions on where you can sit

However, as per the first post of this thread general admission areas (not reserved seating) are:

Great Southern Stand
M1-M4
Q1-Q12

Ponsford Stand
M29-M35
Q29-Q36

So you should have no problems sitting near the cheersquad & Tiger Army

:thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2015, 06:33:48 PM »
Actually go low 40s
Reckon the Demons fans will be at the snow?

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2015, 07:20:39 PM »
It's not our fault that every shot team in the comp thinks they're a chance to beat us.
All they need do is apply pressure to our little pansy list
No doubt we are yet to lose the "egg" tag and Friday night is a test of that given what happened last year against Melbourne  :P. However, let's wait until the result of the game before we start chiseling our tombstone  ;D  ;). A win, no matter how, is all that matters.

U can't say that about MELBOURNE.
These sides we should annihilate.

Melbourne will do what they did last year and flood back inside our f50 when we have the ball.
When they did this to us last year (and the same thing happened against the Bulldogs) we:-

Bombed the ball inside 50
Didn't force enough clearances inside our f50
Allowed them to rebound the ball quickly and easily

Once they get us second guessing how to enter 50 we cross crossed across our half forward flank before eventually stopping to run.

This year they will add a Brent McCaffer style tag on Cotchin with Bernie Vince and the danger is we don't protect him and the entire midfield goes into their shell

Quite simply, Hardwick needs a plan to stop this happening because it's too predictable.
Melbourne aren't that good but they're good at this type of football and we hate it which is where the coach theoretically influences the outcome.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2015, 07:41:25 PM »
Dimma has no method to beat that style of footy. Has never beaten it

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2015, 07:46:46 PM »
The best way to play floods is to move the ball quickly into the forward zone to prevent large numbers getting back. Our footskills are not good enough to pinpoint targets in congested areas.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2015, 09:52:45 PM »

Smokey,

Yes your membership will get you in and there will restrictions on where you can sit

However, as per the first post of this thread general admission areas (not reserved seating) are:

Great Southern Stand
M1-M4
Q1-Q12

Ponsford Stand
M29-M35
Q29-Q36

So you should have no problems sitting near the cheersquad & Tiger Army

:thumbsup

Cheers WP!!   :cheers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Demons keen for annual Anzac Day eve match with Richmond (afl site)
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2015, 10:02:29 PM »
Demons keen for annual Anzac Day eve match, says skipper Nathan Jones

Peter Ryan
AAP 
April 22, 2015 3:20 PM

MELBOURNE captain Nathan Jones is keen on making the club's match against Richmond on the eve of Anzac Day a permanent fixture.

The Demons will play Richmond on Friday night and Jones says locking down April 24 for the clash in future years would be a "great spectacle”.

Melbourne's best and fairest award, the 'Bluey' Truscott Medal, is named after a former Demon player and fighter pilot who was killed in 1943 during World War II.

The club's greatest player, Ron Barassi, also lost his father during World War II and Jones says Melbourne and Richmond have more former players who died at war than any other club.

"If we can respectively commemorate the memory of the Anzacs … [and] we're able to reflect positively on the efforts of those people and what they did for our country that is something that we would love to be a part of and hopefully make permanent for the future," Jones said.

Melbourne players are aware of the club's history and will head to the Shrine of Remembrance on Thursday morning. Several players have also shared stories of family members who were involved in war.

Jones emphasised the fact he did not want any comparisons between football and war made, but he was keen to use the opportunity for the club to pay respect to those who have served their country.

Friday night's duel with the Tigers is Melbourne's first game under Friday night lights since 2012.

The Demons have not won a Friday night game at the MCG since round seven, 2011 when they beat Essendon.

See more at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-22/demons-keen-for-annual-anzac-day-eve-match-says-skipper-nathan-jones#sthash.bmNUexzS.dpuf

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2015, 10:04:11 PM »
AGL to help Richmond light up the ‘G on Anzac Eve

richmondfc.com.au 
April 22, 2015 4:02 PM

Richmond and Melbourne fans can play their part in setting the atmosphere before this Friday night’s Anzac day eve match at the MCG.

Fans will be provided with individual miniature lights which they can use to ‘light up the ‘G’ during the pre-match ceremony.

The stadium lights will be turned down in the moments before the teams run out to play, as part of an official Anzac ceremony.

Other elements of the pre-match ceremony include a performance by The Rising Suns, the Australian Army Band Melbourne.

There will also be the delivery of a flame from the Shrine of Remembrance by the Creswick Light Horse Troop, which will be lit on the MCG stage by AFL legend Ron Barassi.

And fans will witness the observance of the Last Post, and the Australian National Anthem.

This Friday, Richmond and Melbourne will stage the first Anzac Eve match, where they will pay tribute to their shared wartime history.

Richmond would like to make special mention of Round 4 match-day presenting partner, AGL, and thank them for supporting the Club’s initiative.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-04-22/agl-to-help-richmond-light-up-the-g-on-anzac-eve