Author Topic: Richmond’s failings unmasked: An in-depth essay .... (theRoar)  (Read 1762 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond’s failings unmasked: An in-depth essay .... (theRoar)
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2015, 01:52:21 PM »
yet i've barely seen him off half back since he slayed it there in the knob game
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2015, 01:56:33 PM »
come to think of it hardly seen him forward either

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2015, 02:58:48 PM »

That's more the point I was attempting to make. Not that I rate Gibbs but I do say what has affected his development is that Ratten never gave him a permanent position.

From memory Dusty is named as an on-baller every week yet I rarely see him at the stoppages and if I do the structure of the stoppages are abysmal. The club and Dustin needs to decide definitively, what player is Dusty going to be.

I personally don't think he's bad off half back but players poo themselves when he's forward of centre so I rather he be doing the goal kicking.

I don't think Dusty has the finesse to dance around players in congestion to be honest (hence probably why he took up the don't argue) so I think the Selwood mould would work best for him. Although his long kicking is one of his best weapons so should the club stop this experiment to make him an inside midfielder?

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2015, 03:21:25 PM »

That's more the point I was attempting to make. Not that I rate Gibbs but I do say what has affected his development is that Ratten never gave him a permanent position.

From memory Dusty is named as an on-baller every week yet I rarely see him at the stoppages and if I do the structure of the stoppages are abysmal. The club and Dustin needs to decide definitively, what player is Dusty going to be.

I personally don't think he's bad off half back but players poo themselves when he's forward of centre so I rather he be doing the goal kicking.

I don't think Dusty has the finesse to dance around players in congestion to be honest (hence probably why he took up the don't argue) so I think the Selwood mould would work best for him. Although his long kicking is one of his best weapons so should the club stop this experiment to make him an inside midfielder?

We got Grigg as a starting onballer at the bounce

so no worries there  :bow

tony_montana

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2015, 03:55:57 PM »

I actually think dusty was a more damaging player in yr 1 and yr 2 than he is now.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2015, 04:02:53 PM »
Agree Scarface, as someone said elsewhere - you haven't seen Freo dick around with Fyfe over the years and take him off the ball. At least not that I can recall.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2015, 04:41:55 PM »
surely he doesnt just rotate to the bench?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2015, 04:55:01 PM »
No al he has stints up forward just like Dustin does and should but he's never not played a game in his primary position in the middle that I can recall....can only assume you're being facetious because surely you're smart enough that every point doesn't need to be qualified for you.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 05:18:19 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2015, 05:30:41 PM »
wasnt being facitious, well not overly, but you have clarified what you meant.

Martin has showed he can play good damaging footy off half back, but yeah, it shouldnt be to the detriment of the midfield.

I think the biggest issue is Hardwick getting him to play a more outside. I can understand the logic in terms of preserving the body untill it matures and that he is such a good kick, but you can take it too far. He is so dynamic and damaging the way he can use his strength to bust open the game, yet we dont seem to see that aspect of his game that much.

tony_montana

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2015, 06:40:46 PM »
correct, he used to break open packs and create openings for others, imo it was a major part of us being able to play such enterprising and attacking football -  from memory his first 2 years saw something like 45% of his possessions being contested and year on year they have dropped, too much focus on being outside which has subsequently robbed us of a key strength

dwaino

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2015, 07:21:30 PM »
Playing inside was when he made his fend off a trade mark. Now he's lucky to do one every 4 games.

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2015, 08:42:25 PM »
Another fluff article to placate the morons  :wallywink
any chance you could give a rebuttal, addressing each point then?

Any chance of this being sent to RFC :pray
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2015, 09:45:56 PM »
Another fluff article to placate the morons  :wallywink
any chance you could give a rebuttal, addressing each point then?

Any chance of this being sent to RFC :pray

I reckon Bojo could get a job at RFC.
Media Liaison manager.

Media - Bojo another deflating loss by 140 points. This one was over before it began.

Bojo - Now stop that drivel to placate the morons. There were passages of play where we played champagne football and our 2nd rounders and above have been revelations. FJ masterstrokes to be exact. It's not a question of when and if we gel, these boys are the glue that binds this club to its 11th Premiership. Mark my words this is not a false dawn it's 9am the sun is high and mighty in the North Eastern sky, the birds are tweeting merrily and this club is going places. :clapping

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2015, 06:43:09 AM »
Very good article. Nails it on the recruiting policy.