Author Topic: Holiday Destination  (Read 7021 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Holiday Destination
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2015, 10:20:22 PM »
Have a great time Dwaino

Times Square on Xmas Eve  :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

dwaino

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2015, 10:25:12 PM »
Finally made it to NYC  :cheers pretty over planes and sitting down at the moment.

White Christmas likely Dwainski?

Not likely at all Dookster. Just so happens that the time we wished to visit was the same time as some freak, once in only over a hundred years, freak weather event. Combination of El Niņo in the Pacific and low pressure polar vortex in the Arctic has meant that the cold jet stream that normally drops down over the USA is stuck over Canada giving this joint Melbourne like weather of 5-15C and rain. Apparently there was some snow up state on the weekend and the city was about -1 - 7 C but it has warmed up again. While disappointed we'll probably miss the white stuff at least it won't be too cold to go out and do stuff at night.

They're taking no risks at Time Square. Went there last night and there were coppers dressed in full military riot gear with automatic rifles and slug belts.

dwaino

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2015, 10:31:39 PM »
Have a great time Dwaino

Times Square on Xmas Eve  :clapping

Times Square for NYE was original plan when we first planned the holiday but then learned they lock you in to the area for about 6 hours and you can't move. So we instead booked a restaurant not far away and will head to Times Square after the ball drop. With the crap going on around the world and what happened in Paris probably safer to stay away from there anyway.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2015, 10:44:56 PM »
Finally made it to NYC  :cheers pretty over planes and sitting down at the moment.

White Christmas likely Dwainski?

Not likely at all Dookster. Just so happens that the time we wished to visit was the same time as some freak, once in only over a hundred years, freak weather event. Combination of El Niņo in the Pacific and low pressure polar vortex in the Arctic has meant that the cold jet stream that normally drops down over the USA is stuck over Canada giving this joint Melbourne like weather of 5-15C and rain. Apparently there was some snow up state on the weekend and the city was about -1 - 7 C but it has warmed up again. While disappointed we'll probably miss the white stuff at least it won't be too cold to go out and do stuff at night.

They're taking no risks at Time Square. Went there last night and there were coppers dressed in full military riot gear with automatic rifles and slug belts.

If it's any consolation we were in Fiji 3 weeks ago and the usual wet season starting in July/Aug had yielded ZERO rain til now, and still nothing.

Pacific weather is arse about and perhaps at a tipping point it seems. We'll see.

No full camo though from the local polizia
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2015, 10:47:29 PM »
But....all the best, you deserve it and enjoy  :gotigers

"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2016, 05:04:13 PM »
In Mexico at the minute with the family. Great place to spend a few weeks. Excellent food/people and no drunken yobbos in sight. Today a 70 yr old Mexican who spoke little English, offered then poured me a few vodkas while my kids played with his granddaughter.

Cuba tomorrow which is why we are doing this trip. Very excited,  as its been a place I have wanted to visit for many years.   Stones are playing by luck in a free concert too, so might put the kids down and head over.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2016, 12:13:00 AM »
.   Stones are playing by luck in a free concert too, so might put the kids down and head over.

Jeez Angus, there's no need to go that far.....I'm sure the hotel could organise a babysitter for you....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2016, 07:56:34 AM »
In Mexico at the minute with the family. Great place to spend a few weeks. Excellent food/people and no drunken yobbos in sight. Today a 70 yr old Mexican who spoke little English, offered then poured me a few vodkas while my kids played with his granddaughter.

Cuba tomorrow which is why we are doing this trip. Very excited,  as its been a place I have wanted to visit for many years.   Stones are playing by luck in a free concert too, so might put the kids down and head over.

Awesome!
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2016, 11:49:46 AM »
Just landed in Bali yesterday for my brothers wedding on the 2nd.

Was at a wedding here last Aug and didn't think I'd enjoy the place much so only came for three nights. Learned my lesson and I'm here for three weeks this time 😃

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2016, 09:27:46 PM »
Is Hawaii any good ?
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2016, 12:44:53 AM »
Just landed in Bali yesterday for my brothers wedding on the 2nd.

Was at a wedding here last Aug and didn't think I'd enjoy the place much so only came for three nights. Learned my lesson and I'm here for three weeks this time 😃

Nice. Love that place just hate Kuta

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2016, 09:11:17 PM »
Just arrived into LA after the long trip back from Cuba via Cancun.

Awesome destination if you ever get a chance to go before bents and alberts mates destroy the place. :cheers

Stayed in a CASA(Havana) where we had the experience of the owner cooking for us. Awesome city with a lot of history and very safe unlike Melbourne these days.

People are fantastic too even though they have little going for them in terms of freedom(wages) Internet is only a recent thing there for the cubans.

We then spent a week in Varadero which was a beach experience and not CUBA at all. Nonetheless it was hands down the best beach ive ever seen. Kids loved it.

I couldnt speak highly enough of the place, and if you can forget about the long travelling to actually get there its worth a visit.