Author Topic: RFC Bravery - Build a premiership list from today  (Read 5709 times)

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
Re: RFC Bravery - Build a premiership list from today
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 11:55:19 PM »
It's almost unthinkable but the idea of trading Cotchin ASAP makes sense if we could get 2 first rounders for him. But can we? It is very difficult for clubs to arrange this now, I guess there is always a sucker in the draft, we would have to catch one.
Miles is a gun inside mid and I don't think we actually lose that much inside without Cotch.
Deledio on the other hand I would keep if we are looking at a mini rebuild. You still need to win games. We have no other line breakers ready yet. Melbourne has shown what happens if you tank or bottom right out during a rebuild. You don't need to bottom out and you don't need the number 1 pick. You can win 8/10 games, get pick 5-7 and still get a gun.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2015, 10:33:09 AM »
All true, list management is the problem, i like all your suggestions Pope Lord, even Hawthorn traded superstar Buddy,

Incorrect

The Hawks didn't trade Buddy, he left as a free agent and they received compensation for him - massive difference
Conceded...But they could have kept him

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 11:20:29 AM »
It's almost unthinkable but the idea of trading Cotchin ASAP makes sense if we could get 2 first rounders for him. But can we? It is very difficult for clubs to arrange this now, I guess there is always a sucker in the draft, we would have to catch one.
Miles is a gun inside mid and I don't think we actually lose that much inside without Cotch.
Deledio on the other hand I would keep if we are looking at a mini rebuild. You still need to win games. We have no other line breakers ready yet. Melbourne has shown what happens if you tank or bottom right out during a rebuild. You don't need to bottom out and you don't need the number 1 pick. You can win 8/10 games, get pick 5-7 and still get a gun.

The important question to ask with Lids, is not if he is a useful player, but is he going to be around for our next flag tilt?

He is the one we should trade. Cotch might still be there for our next flag, and he is still a gun player.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 12:30:18 PM »
I agree 100% we need to make some tough decisions.
Trading Lids makes sense and if Shiel wanted to come home to Melbourne maybe that could work for both parties.
I think the real key is to attract a star FA, and only Dangerfield will do.
I'd keep both Cotch and Jack.
Trade Vickery or Griff or both for earlish draft picks.

For me the most important part of this next mini rebuild is to change FJ. We can have early picks but if you haven't got a decent guy choosing these kids than what's the point.

The next most important thing is changing the coach, he is so set in his ways of coaching unfortunately he has taken us as far as he can.

With Danderfield, Shiel, our first draft pick (8ish) and picks for TV (25) and Griff (30) or both, our second rounder (28ish) and lots of other draft picks from retirements and trades, we should be able to turn things around very quickly.

The difference a few star players could make and a decent coach, we could be back on track again. I seriously think we aren't that far away if we could make a few tough calls.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2015, 01:02:43 PM »
I think lids should be on the table along with riewoldt

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2015, 02:09:44 PM »
lol @ how many goals Lids would kick v Richmond

at Freo or Sydney

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2015, 03:22:52 PM »
Trading Lids makes sense and if Shiel wanted to come home to Melbourne maybe that could work for both parties.

For me the most important part of this next mini rebuild is to change FJ. We can have early picks but if you haven't got a decent guy choosing these kids than what's the point.

The next most important thing is changing the coach, he is so set in his ways of coaching unfortunately he has taken us as far as he can.

With Danderfield, Shiel, our first draft pick (8ish) and picks for TV (25) and Griff (30) or both, our second rounder (28ish) and lots of other draft picks from retirements and trades, we should be able to turn things around very quickly.

The difference a few star players could make and a decent coach, we could be back on track again. I seriously think we aren't that far away if we could make a few tough calls.

It's still not enough Tone
Who replaces vickery, who replaces Griff?  Who is replacing Maric long term? Hampson?
the midfield could be good but we're still lacking kpf/d's
if we offer big $$$ maybe Shiel but Danger is older wants to be in the hunt for a flag. Won't come here

I like what your saying but unfortunately we need to go further than a mini rebuild which includes coach, assistants, recruiters, players, picks etc. Club just won't do it.

I think they will continue the band aid treatment as its short term dollars and hope for the best it will turn around. I finally saw the light at the bulldogs game and know we're stuffed now

The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2015, 03:57:56 PM »
We won't get anyone good.
I don't think Dangerfield would touch us with a twenty mile pole. Why would he?

We couldn't even beat Geelong with the best opportunity we've has in 10 years.  :banghead

Let's face it our club is cursed.... The last truly talented recruiting coup was Nathan Brown but ended terribly. Polak may have been a good choice but only at Richmond can you be hit by a tram  :banghead

Tigeritis™©®
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2015, 04:16:40 PM »

Solid post, BT.

Agree with all of it.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2015, 04:58:49 PM »
If we followed this scenario....and I hope we do, players like Danger should not even enter the equation.

Even if this scenario is not followed Danger would still not be a good option.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2015, 08:15:33 PM »

And here we go again, two much maligned players for being under performers widely bagged for their lack of ability to impact attracting earlish draft picks.

If by earlish you mean earlish in the third or fourth round well that will really help our rebuild not

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2015, 08:19:18 PM »

And here we go again, two much maligned players for being under performers widely bagged for their lack of ability to impact attracting earlish draft picks.

If by earlish you mean earlish in the third or fourth round well that will really help our rebuild not
i would keep griff, vickery we would get diddly or squat if lucky diddly squat

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2015, 08:30:33 PM »

St.Kilda got pick 20 for Rhys Stanley. And his middle name is maligned.
We gave up pick 32 for Hampson so I'm tipping Griff and TV could get anywhere in between those two.
See not that hard to imagine Chunky

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2015, 08:36:39 PM »

St.Kilda got pick 20 for Rhys Stanley. And his middle name is maligned.
We gave up pick 32 for Hampson so I'm tipping Griff and TV could get anywhere in between those two.
See not that hard to imagine Chunky

I can imagine (and hope) it that's for sure

Reality is another thing though

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2015, 11:14:07 PM »
We also need to nail late picks. Hawthorn have dual premiership players from late in the draft. Luke Breust arguably best small forward in the game pick 47... Ben Stratton pick 46. It's why the arguement to trade pick 30 odd for Hampson was absolutely awful and showed that FJ aren't confident of nailing late picks. Some hard call need to be made otherwise we will continue to float in limbo, after a peroid of time we will have lost some blue chip players to retirement and have a list just like Carlton. With no player currency, no youth and half a decade away from finals contention.
Go Tigers!