Author Topic: RFC Bravery - Build a premiership list from today  (Read 5703 times)

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: RFC Bravery - Build a premiership list from today
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2015, 09:17:04 PM »
If you look at Port they did not fix the list by throwing away the equivalent?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2015, 09:41:06 PM »

Bents Port is not the yardstick this year it is the bulldogs and GWS

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2015, 01:01:47 PM »
i thought someone left the yard stick at the beach after drawing lines in the sand?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2015, 02:19:48 PM »
No, no and no!

Our game plan is the issue, we have talent to burn, coach doesn't have faith!

First step, sack the coach and appoint a coach that plays attacking football and has a plan B and C!

Second step, delist Grigg, Petterd, Newman, Chaplin.

Third step, trade Batchelor.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2015, 02:35:51 PM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2015, 09:57:26 PM »
No, no and no!

First step, sack the coach and appoint a coach that plays attacking football and has a plan B and C!

sounds like the better option, imho
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 05:39:54 PM by Zlatan »

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2015, 05:41:01 PM »

Why are Dogs the benchmark?

GWS we cannot replicate due to not having access to that talent hence its unrealistic option

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2015, 08:59:38 PM »

GWS we cannot replicate due to not having access to that talent hence its unrealistic option

Dunno I think it was because they won a few games so the usual suspects started to put them on a pedestal

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2015, 09:03:13 PM »

Dunno I think it was because they won a few games so the usual suspects started to put them on a pedestal

and yet they win two in a row and the list is perfect?

we need to be brave to fix the list. IMO

i am not sure selling Deledio, Cotchin, Reiwoldt however is the answer.

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2015, 12:37:23 PM »
Fool us once, shame on you. Fool us twice, shame on me. For all us RFC fans, it's shame on us 432nd times. Can we learn our lesson for the 433rd?

What I find really interesting, is comparing other clubs development to ours. As much as it hurts.

Take a look at 3 clubs for example. St.Kilda, Western Bulldogs and Collingwood.
Bulldogs lost Griffen, Ward and Cross over a 2 years period, all 3 still currently playing. They currently have their best midfielder Libretore on the sidelines with a season ending injury. Have a look at where they are. Top 4.

Collingwood have lost Beams, Shaw and Thomas all three still currently playing. They currently have Sidebottom sidelined. Have a look where they are. Top 4.

Can anyone name more than 3 notable 'best 22' players in our history that have left in the past 30 years? I stop at Brad Ottens, Jason Torney and Stuie Maxfield.. Go back further and you get Jeff Hogg. Look at any other club and they move players on to get better. We don't. We keep our own. Ottens wanted to leave, from memory Torney didn't and Maxfield I don't think did either. But in the past 15 years we haven't moved anyone on that wanted to stay at Richmond, for the better of the club. We love our own bath water, our own luke warm muddy bath water. What is Blair Hartley doing to get a better list? Hope that the standard draft picks alone will develop into a premiership list. Awful when comparing that theory to GWS and GC concessions. Moneyball, please...

Now is the time to set a list up the proper way. We have currency right through the list we have some premium players that will hurt to lose but if we can get 2 picks in the top 20, included 1 in the top 12 for someone like Jack Riewoldt, Cotchin, Deledio. Then I'd take it, do this 3 times over a 3 year period and potentially have 6 picks for 3 players plus our 3 first rounders we would get anyway through natural drafting. Over 3 years we can add 9 top 20 draft picks (potentially 4-6 of them would be top 10) to a list that is aged no greater than Dustin Martin at aged 28. Nick Vlastuin as captain.

2015 draft Trade Deledio to NM, Geel (who will happily top up and give us a first rounder for Deledio now that he's slightly injury prone and at 29 next year we have to be realistic, we may be lucky at have a bidding war and get a 2nd round pick as well)
Get Pick 10-14 and Pick 20-30

2016 draft Trade Cotchin to any club (endless bidders, someone wil give up 2 first round picks for Trent in his prime. Need to do it this year as Cotch could go FA the year after and will only get one 1st rounder for him)
Get Pick 6-10 and Pick 10-15

2017 draft Trade Riewoldt to GC (Will be crying out for a KPF when their premiership tilt comes round. He'll be 28 and have 3 years left in him. 1st rounder easily for Jack a premium forward with a decade of experience and a Coleman)
Get Pick 8-12

Add our first round picks of 2015, 2016 and 2017 there are 8 players to the list over 3 years, 6 in the top 10.

2018 team - all under 27 except for players aged quoted:

B: Pick 8-12 2017, Rance (29 yo), Pick 10-15 2016
HB: Vlastuin (c), Astbury/Grimes, McIntosh
C: Conca, Martin (28 yo), B.Ellis
HF: Pick 6-10 2016, Griffiths, Lennon
F: Pick 10-14 2015, McBean, Pick 1 round 2017

R: Pick 1st round 2015, Miles, C.Ellis
Int: Edwards (30 yo), Pick 20-30 2015, Pick 1st round 2016, and 1 more player out of the young kids we have currently. (Elton, McKenzie, Menadue, Drummond, Hunt)

I'd get rid of Chaplin, Knights, Hampson, Houli, Grigg, Petterd, Vickery and anyone else not mentioned over the age of 24 for a packet of twisties straight away.. This also highlights the very very poor stock of forwards we have at our club. I blame Hardwick direction for this and the stupid theory of having 'midfield goal kickers'. Look at any top 4 team and the spread of 'forwards' not midfielders they have kicking goals. Bruest, Roughead, Gunston and Puopolo.. Pavlich, Mayne, Ballantyne and Walters.. Westhoff, Schultz, Wingard and Monfries. Who do we have Riewoldt.... Lloyd... Gordon. YUK.

Point being, every other club loses star best 22 players and survive and play finals, finish in top 4. We never do, we over rate our own and whinge that losing Matty White has cost us top 4. Please. Start to get ruthless, retire the players who need to be, move around some currency and maybe we might just somehow find our 'Richmond Way'...

regardless of a couple of wins - i would be more or less inclined to agree generally

i would be worried about selling the farm, however

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2015, 10:48:31 PM »
While recruiting is important Iminclined to think our weakness is a bit of both coaching and depth. When we get our full team on the park we do OK. Is our lack of depth due to talent or a failure to develop the also ran players. Its both.
I dont think bottoming out is going to help us myself. I think its too much of a lottery that you will prosper or stay sunken.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2015, 07:13:27 PM »
Everyone jumped off the chimp wagon eh'

While OP went a bit hard, there is a still a point to it. And a fair point at that
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2015, 07:15:09 PM »
No, no and no!

I still like this one  :clapping
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus