Author Topic: Lids, Rance & Jack make the All-Australian team [update]  (Read 12203 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Which Tigers will make the All-Australian team this year?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 02:14:06 PM »

Rance & Edwards came into the side after Richmond's bye week? Whats up with that?

Word must've got to Lloyd that they both trained the house down.  :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 04:57:27 PM »
The AFL website has Rance (BP) as the only Tiger in their mid-year All-Australian side.

ALEX RANCE (Richmond)
Arguably the game's in-form defender this season, Rance has continued his All Australian form from 2014. He has played on talls and smalls and was even tried, albeit unsuccessfully, in the midfield, such is his versatility.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-21/the-all-australian-midyear-team

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2015, 05:02:41 PM »
On the other hand, Lloyd this week has dumped Rance and moved Brandon Ellis to the bench alongside Titch.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/AllAustralian?src=hash

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2015, 05:46:05 PM »
How is Dustin Martin not on anyone's list?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2015, 12:17:01 PM »
Lamington, Dusty is in Robbo's.

In fact, he has 4 Tigers in his AA side  :o.

Robbo’s All-Australian side at Round 12

B: Heath Shaw (GWS) Tom McDonald (Melb) Jeremy McGovern (WC)

HB: Robert Murphy (WB) Alex Rance (Rich) Corey Enright (Geel)

C: Brandon Ellis (Rich) Matthew Priddis (WCE) Isaac Smith (Haw)

HF: Jack Riewoldt (Rich) Lance Franklin (Syd) Dustin Martin (Rich)

F: Eddie Betts (Adel) Josh Kennedy (WC) Jamie Elliott (Coll)

Foll: Todd Goldstein (NM) Nat Fyfe (Frem) Dan Hannebery (Syd)

Inter: Dylan Shiel (GWS) Andrew Gaff (WCE) Robbie Gray (PA) David Armitage (StK)

http://www.news.com.au/national/the-tackle-jack-riewoldt-soars-into-all-australian-calculations/story-e6frfkp9-1227408600706

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2015, 10:35:53 PM »
thanks for posting that one-eyed  :thumbsup

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2015, 11:39:22 PM »

Dusty has had a an absolutely brilliant month but his start to the season wasn't great.

I'd go with the AFL version. I think too many of our Tiger players have been inconsistent to have too many in the AA side at the half way stage.
Rance is one who regularly delivers.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2015, 11:57:13 PM »
Has played 2 maube 3 good games this year. Just getting into gear now
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2015, 12:32:43 AM »
He wasn't great against Carlton and Melbourne but since the Kangaroos loss I like that he has not dropped below 25 possessions a match but more importantly he's been moving the ball by foot a lot more (2nd in AFL). he's laying more tackles this year which is great also. and for me the most optimistic thing about watching Martin is that he can still improve.

So I think he deserves to be named in the 'mid year AA teams' If anything I think Brandon Ellis should be omitted because for someone who goes untagged and averaging almost 28 disposals this year, he's just not damaging enough. he did kick important goals against freo and port but realistically when Cotch, Martin, deledio and now Milo get a lot of attention, we need Ellis to be setting up attack and impacting the scoreboard and not just building on his resume

EDIT:that sounded harsh on Ellis. I think Ellis can improve also and I forget he's not even 22 yet. I think Ellis' next level of improvement is to make better use of the ball that he gets 27/28 times a match. ie kicking goals or score assisting.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2015, 05:20:41 AM »
He wasn't great against Carlton and Melbourne but since the Kangaroos loss I like that he has not dropped below 25 possessions a match but more importantly he's been moving the ball by foot a lot more (2nd in AFL). he's laying more tackles this year which is great also. and for me the most optimistic thing about watching Martin is that he can still improve.

So I think he deserves to be named in the 'mid year AA teams' If anything I think Brandon Ellis should be omitted because for someone who goes untagged and averaging almost 28 disposals this year, he's just not damaging enough. he did kick important goals against freo and port but realistically when Cotch, Martin, deledio and now Milo get a lot of attention, we need Ellis to be setting up attack and impacting the scoreboard and not just building on his resume

EDIT:that sounded harsh on Ellis. I think Ellis can improve also and I forget he's not even 22 yet. I think Ellis' next level of improvement is to make better use of the ball that he gets 27/28 times a match. ie kicking goals or score assisting.

When you consider he was taken pick 15 in his draft he's playing unbelievably well at this stage. From memory, the only bloke you'd argue you might rather have in your team is Wingard who went 6. Great work on that one RFC!

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2015, 02:33:50 PM »
Very true, for pick #15 his return has been fantastic. I suppose it's because I've never witnessed RFC win a cup (I'm 28) the emotion can get ahead of me and I forget  that in the 2011 draft, the only players your could argue that are better than Ellis is Wingard (although I would debate this because he was only great in his first year and he's only picking up form now) and Tom Mitchell whom we couldn't get as he was taken under F/S. Cam Ellis-Yolmen was pick #64! and whilst he's been good for the crows this year I wouldn't rate him above Ellis.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2015, 11:48:01 PM »
Lloyd finally has Rance at FB after dumping Hurley in his running All-Australian team. He's also included Jack this week but dumped Ellis and Edwards.

https://twitter.com/SunFootyShow/with_replies

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2015, 01:10:46 PM »
Sportsfan's (from the afl website) has Rance & Jack in their mid-season All-Australian team ...

SportsFan's mid-season All-Australian team

FB: Jarrad McVeigh (Sydney) (captain), Michael Hurley (Essendon), Jeremy McGovern (West Coast)

HB: Sam Mitchell (Hawthorn), Alex Rance (Richmond), Tom McDonald (Melbourne)

C: Matt Priddis (West Coast), Nat Fyfe (Fremantle), Patrick Dangerfield (Adelaide)

HF: Jack Riewoldt (Richmond), Lance Franklin (Sydney), Luke Breust (Hawthorn)

FF: Luke Parker (Sydney), Josh Kennedy (West Coast), Eddie Betts (Adelaide)

Foll: Todd Goldstein (North Melbourne), Dan Hannebery (Sydney), Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood) (vice-captain)

I/C: Aaron Sandilands (Fremantle), Robbie Gray (Port Adelaide), David Armitage (St Kilda), Jack Steven (St Kilda)

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/sportsfans-mid-season-all-australian-team/tabid/91/newsid/166067/default.aspx?cid=SF_LOWDOWN_AFL_article_sportsfansmidseasonallaustralianteam_030715

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2015, 09:24:16 PM »
Jack and Rance are still in Lloyd's running AA-team.

"I looked at other players but I felt there was no one I could take out of that midfield." - Lloyd. #SunFootyShow

https://twitter.com/SunFootyShow/status/620049437587546112/photo/1

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2015, 02:27:52 PM »
Jack and Rance still in Lloyd's running AA-team today.

No Deledio as "he had a quiet start to the year but he's past month and a half has been great". That might be because he had a calf injury early on, Lloydy  :wallywink.

https://twitter.com/SunFootyShow

« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 09:32:04 PM by one-eyed »