Author Topic: Could Google could be drawn to bid for AFL broadcast rights? .... (Herald-Sun)  (Read 1055 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Could Google could be drawn to bid for AFL broadcast rights?

Herald Sun
    June 16, 2015 4:40PM

COULD Google enter the bidding for the footy broadcasting rights?

Website Mumbrella earlier today reported that the AFL had approached Google about making a multi-billion dollar bid - but later changed their story to report it was actually the NRL rights involved.

When asked about the initial Mumbrella report, AFL spokesman Patrick Keane told the Herald Sun the league would not provide a running commentary on the broadcast deal.

He would not say if it had urged Google to enter a bid.

``We will seek to get the best outcome for our fans, our players and our clubs in the next agreement, but will not provide a running update on its discussions,’’ he said.

Anti-siphoning laws in Australia regulate media companies’ access to significant sporting events.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/could-google-could-be-drawn-to-bid-for-afl-broadcast-rights/story-fni0fit3-1227400413088

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
not a great fan of google, but they would do an infinitely better job than telstra.
Telstra is the dysfunctional inbred cousin of the business world, irreparably hampered by chromosomal damage
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI