Author Topic: Ivan Maric reported - cops one week [updated]  (Read 2847 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Ivan Maric reported - cops one week [updated]
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 04:25:54 PM »
Ivan Maric, Richmond, has been charged with charged with striking Jack Steele, GWS, during the third quarter of the Round 14 match between Richmond and GWS, played at the MCG on Saturday July 4, 2015.

In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from Greater Western Sydney, it was the view of the panel the incident should be classified as careless conduct with medium impact to the head. The offence was classified as a two-match sanction. The player has no applicable bad record. An early plea can reduce the penalty to a one-match sanction.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-06/full-match-review-panel-statement-round-14

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 04:34:32 PM »
Take it an run
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 04:36:05 PM »
To be honest he probably could do with a rest.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 04:42:38 PM »
from memory he was just trying to stop the third man up in ruck contest.

The ruckman should be able to do what they want to the third man up.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 04:48:23 PM »
from memory he was just trying to stop the third man up in ruck contest.

The ruckman should be able to do what they want to the third man up.

Exactly, if the AFL won't solve the issue then you can't blame the ruckmen for taking matters into their own hands.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 04:52:14 PM »
Good on him.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 05:11:17 PM »
Ivan made the mistake of looking at the third up player for a split second.  Just for a split second he took his eyes off the ball, so when he makes high contact with the bloke interfering with his ruck contest it is deemed as deliberate high contact & it costs him a week.  In future all rucks need to allow the third up to cut them off & crash into them without giving a whimper & keep their eyes on the ball even though a player is coming straight at them from the side. 
Now that we all know what is accepted we can start sending in a third up to crash into their ruckman, knowing that he wont be penalized for it & will be protected by the MRP!  Look out Kreuzer, here comes a free bruise .... don't take your eye off the ball, will you?     :P
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 05:20:10 PM »
Yeah, could have got a reprimand could've been cleared.
What I found reprehensible though was on The Sunday Footy Show, brown less and Barrett goading Luke Ball who is on the MRP and telling him the MRP has been weak this year whilst showing the Maric and the Cotchin incidents and once a few other on the panel indicated that Cotch would be fine just kept on replaying the Maric incident. :-\

Of course Geelong and Nought need someone in the 8 to slip up to give their footy clubs a sniff of September added to some peoples pathological hatred for the RFC.

I thought influencing the tribunal would be akin to telling a judge which way to sentence.
That was not a footy discussion based on footy it was a clear manipulation on trying to get one or possibly both of our boys suspended for our next game. >:(

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 06:22:23 PM »
Not that I rate him (Hampson that is), but with Maric rubbed out for this week, he is pretty much our only other option for assisting Vickery against Kruezer. Does anybody know if Hampson played against Nth Ballarat, and is available this week? With Griffiths also doubtful and out of form the past 2 weeks, McBean (with 4 goals on Sunday) might also be a chance, to keep our 3-tall forward structure rolling.   

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 06:25:55 PM »
Not that I rate him (Hampson that is), but with Maric rubbed out for this week, he is pretty much our only other option for assisting Vickery against Kruezer. Does anybody know if Hampson played against Nth Ballarat, and is available this week? With Griffiths also doubtful and out of form the past 2 weeks, McBean (with 4 goals on Sunday) might also be a chance, to keep our 3-tall forward structure rolling.
Hampson is on our injury list so hopefully it's accurate.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 06:26:38 PM »

:clapping

Mckenzie ff

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2015, 06:41:58 PM »
How is it medium impact??

Player didn't even receive medical treatment... Joke.
Go Tigers!

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2015, 06:44:47 PM »
How is it medium impact??

Player didn't even receive medical treatment... Joke.
Because he's not Buddy?

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2015, 06:48:50 PM »

Mckenzie ff

I don't know about McKenzie Stalin. I was as excited at the prospect of him in the pre-season as anybody on here, based pretty much on his highlights clip, and the way he dominated with his size, strength and long, accurate kicking. But I've watched a fair bit of reserves this year, and he's yet to really show anything yet. I may be wrong, but he looks a long way off senior footy just yet. If Hampson is still injured, our only options are a Vickery/Griffiths ruck combo, or, if Griff doesn't come up, Vickery with a bit of a chop out from McBean. I wouldn't want to have to expose the Bean Pole to too much centre square work at this stage of his development though.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2015, 06:55:58 PM »

Mckenzie ff

I don't know about McKenzie Stalin. I was as excited at the prospect of him in the pre-season as anybody on here, based pretty much on his highlights clip, and the way he dominated with his size, strength and long, accurate kicking. But I've watched a fair bit of reserves this year, and he's yet to really show anything yet. I may be wrong, but he looks a long way off senior footy just yet. If Hampson is still injured, our only options are a Vickery/Griffiths ruck combo, or, if Griff doesn't come up, Vickery with a bit of a chop out from McBean. I wouldn't want to have to expose the Bean Pole to too much centre square work at this stage of his development though.

McBean might get hurt in the ruck ...  Does bean pinch-hit in the ruck for the twos ??

But I suppose kreuzer and wood are not te most intimidating people of all time

Q. What's worse than a Hampson?
A. An injured Hampson
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus