Author Topic: Official team vs Carlton - Round 15  (Read 6782 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Official team vs Carlton - Round 15
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2015, 08:02:05 PM »
Massive ins for the Blues compared to us. We have kept Newman in and brought in Morris. Ffs, why didn't we just get someone off the street in a wheelchair.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2015, 08:12:28 PM »
I can kinda get the Morris selection.
Wet and cold tomorrow night, Carlton do set up from the half back line with Yarran and Simpson.
I'm tipping they park Morris on the backside of Yarran to remove him from the equation. Was good in the magoos last week.
Hampson simply has to come in as a strong body in the ruck, query is on his ability to run out the game.
Lambert worries me, I'd have liked McDonough to come in - has great skills and good goal sense.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2015, 09:15:42 PM »
What sort of message does it send?

Morris dropped on form, doesn't show any, comes in ahead of guys playing much better.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2015, 09:17:02 PM »

Morris dropped on form, doesn't show any, comes in ahead of guys playing much better.

Yep

Terrific, just terrific TM
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2015, 10:08:03 PM »
I don't really care who is playing as I expect to beat this cheating scum and I will not accept anything less than a win and a comfortable win too by a minimum of 6 goals.

:gotigers
The club that keeps giving.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2015, 10:14:08 PM »
Morris in to play as a defensive half-forward on Yarran and physically wear him down.

No doubt we've gone away from the 3 tall forwards tomorrow night because it'll be wet and harder for tall forwards to get in the game. Hampson  :help and Vickery to rotate through the ruck.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2015, 01:28:21 AM »
Weither wet or not you play players on form and Morris has not show much in the Vfl.The Bean should have come in keep our structure and had a ripper game last week.Lambert has had 2 games and shown nothing rather Donuts or Lennon.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2015, 04:14:40 AM »
Dea not even an emergency.  :lol

Only thing done right

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2015, 06:59:12 AM »
Weither wet or not you play players on form and Morris has not show much in the Vfl.The Bean should have come in keep our structure and had a ripper game last week.Lambert has had 2 games and shown nothing rather Donuts or Lennon.

One "ripper game" in the last month, don't think we can call that consistent performance or a great run of form.

Agree with you on Morris and there others who have shown more consistently the last few weeks who have been ignored again and that's wrong

As for Lambert you said it he has had 2 games; which IMHO is not enough time to make a call on him. If it was another player say Lennon or Menadue for example then people would be saying give them 4-5 games. Lambert deserves the same block of games to see if he can cut the mustard
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2015, 12:10:12 PM »
11:26am: TIGERS TEAM-WATCH

WITH wintry weather forecast for Victoria this weekend, there could be plenty of late changes as coaches make last-minute adjustments to suit the conditions, Jennifer Phelan reports.

The Tigers have given themselves the option of calling up inside midfielder Matt Thomas after promoting him to the senior list this week.

The former Port Adelaide player had a slow start to the season because of his recovery from off-season knee surgery.

But he has played three solid games in the Tigers' VFL team and has earned his elevation to replace Nathan Drummond, who has had a knee reconstruction.

Thomas has been named as an emergency for Friday night's game against Carlton, along with Liam McBean and Matt McDonough.

Richmond and Carlton's Friday night clash at the MCG should be played in dry conditions of about 12 degrees.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-10/late-mail-live-round-15

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2015, 01:14:53 PM »
yep just doesn't make sense movinh away from a 3 tall setup that has proven to be effective - and McBean showed he could play the role well earlier in the year, leading intelligently and away from the other 2 talls, so why not play him?

If the above happens then we're stuffed

my thoughts exactly TM.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2015, 01:45:37 PM »
I can understand Lambert still being given a chance, I can understand why they want Morris in with Yarran around . . . . but Newman?! Gimme a break. The fact he still gets gifted games ticks me off beyond measure.

:banghead

No More

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2015, 02:31:47 PM »
Massive ins for the Blues compared to us. We have kept Newman in and brought in Morris. Ffs, why didn't we just get someone off the street in a wheelchair.

I know you were trying to be funny but why denigrate people in wheelchairs. As someone who has spent a lot of time in hospitals over the last 6 or 7 years in particular, I have realized that a lot of people have it a lot worse in life than many of us, particular people who are in wheelchairs, many for life.

It must be a terrible way to live I reckon.

Ive seen some shocking things in hospitals - and Im sure Y&BB as a doctor would have seen much more than me, just recently I saw some poor guy, his neck and head was sitting almost at a complete right angle, ie. sitting on his shoulder blade as he was walking around. Anyway.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2015, 03:20:36 PM »

Yep

Terrific, just terrific TM

the same message as Newman's.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2015, 04:20:41 PM »
Any word on sub ? Hasn't realky earned it but mcintosh can't be for the 3rd week in a row surely.