Author Topic: Will Vickery be in trouble with the MRP?  (Read 4426 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Will Vickery be in trouble with the MRP?
« on: July 10, 2015, 09:07:12 PM »
Vickery went to bump off the ball and his shoulder got Jamieson fairly but they accidentally clashed heads and Jamieson came off second best was subbed off with concussion.

Mark Stevens on Ch 7 saying ...
Careless
Off the ball
Intentional
Existing weighting 
= 3 weeks

The counter argument is Nick Riewoldt earlier in the season went for Smith of the Crows and they accidentally clashed heads but nobody was looked despite both missing subsequent games due to concussion.

Who knows with the Russian roulette Match Review Panel? :huh3.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Will Vickery be in trouble with the MRP?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 10:26:20 PM »
He's been playing a lot better of late so the MRP will have to give him weeks.  If he was Saint Buddy he'd get a gold medal but being evil TV he will get the death penalty.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 10:32:43 PM »
So you bump someone, they fall over and break their wrist, is that weeks? Can understand a high bump but accidental contact from another part of the body I just can't see how this rule works.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 11:10:40 PM »
The problem is the MRP will go on the resulting concussion to Jamieson. So despite the concussion occurring due the accidental head clash that followed the bump rather than the bump itself (which was fair), TV will still be pinged. His record will go against him as well. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 11:26:01 PM »
Giving suspensions due to how hurt the other player got is a really stupid system - IMO
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

No More

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 11:27:25 PM »
mick malthouse was right about mark stevens, some bozo runs into you coz he has no awareness and you cop 3 weeks. what a knob.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 11:28:51 PM »
Stalin on OER saying
Mark Stevens

Flog
Tossel
twit
Muppet

= death penalty
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2015, 02:57:45 AM »
Gone. Off the ball, head contact, subbed out etc

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 03:34:09 AM »
Richmond’s Tyrone Vickery loses his tooth against Carlton and will come under Match Review Panel scrutiny

Glenn McFarlane
Herald-Sun
July 11, 2015

RICHMOND forward Ty Vickery faces a nervous wait ahead of a match review panel assessment of his high contact with Carlton’s Michael Jamison in the opening minutes of Friday night’s match.

Vickery appeared to be attempting to block Jamison’s path ahead of his opponent Jack Riewoldt when the pair had a head-clash, with the unsuspecting Blues defender coming off the worse for wear.

Jamison was dazed for a few minutes before eventually being taken from the field. He was ultimately subbed out of the game, which may not help Vickery’s cause.

Triple M’s Garry Lyon believed Vickery had a reason to be concerned, saying: “He (Vickery) instigated contact and got him in the head and that’s why he is in trouble.”

While carryover points have been abolished this year with fines introduced to replace some one-game bans, poor records can still taken into account for players who have been suspended for at least two games over the past two seasons — where their base penalty can be increased by one match.

Vickery was suspended for four matches for striking West Coast’s Dean Cox in July last year and copped a two-match ban for striking North Melbourne’s Michael Firrito in June.

Tyrone Vickery speaks to a club doctor after breaking his tooth against Carlton. Picture: Getty Source: Getty Images

The Richmond forward had his own issues later in the first term when he was on the wrong end of an errant and accidental elbow in a ruck duel with Matthew Kreuzer.

He left the field holding his jaw and sporting a broken front tooth, but he managed to return to the contest in the second quarter.

After the game, Vickery said he hoped to have his tooth back in the coming days.

“I look like a bit of a convict I think,” he joked when he spoke to Channel Seven. “I was wearing a mouthguard but it still didn’t help me.

“I heard it crack and I just didn’t want to take it out because I knew what had happened.

“It was in my mouthguard so it’s in the doctor’s pocket. Hopefully it’s being glued back on tomorrow or something.”

Richmond can ill afford to lose Vickery ahead of Sunday’s clash with St Kilda, with other important games against Fremantle and Hawthorn to come in the following weeks.

Last night’s win for the Tigers was the club’s seventh win from its past eight games.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/richmonds-tyrone-vickery-loses-his-tooth-against-carlton-and-will-come-under-match-review-panel-scrutiny/story-fndv8t7m-1227437578882

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2015, 05:24:59 AM »
Rock up in a swans polo with an aboriginal flag inconspicuously placed somewhere.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2015, 06:21:10 AM »
Carey and Ling both said crap, he should not go, he wasn't even looking at the player and it was a head clash. WTF if he goes for that.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2015, 06:49:22 AM »
Don't think it was intentional. If it was then it was disguised well. It wasn't that far off the ball too. Seemed to be in play.

Maybe 1-2 weeks but could be a case where there's a chance they throw it out.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2015, 08:35:49 AM »
Should be nothing, mind you what about the elbow to tv causing the broken tooth, head high contact, injury, the whole thing is a joke

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2015, 09:14:44 AM »
If Vickery gets suspended after Schulz got off last week then that is all the proof needed that the MRP and system is flawed beyond repair.  Will be a travesty if it happens, how the hell is it Vickery's fault if a numbskull with no awareness runs into a legitimate shepherd?   :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2015, 09:23:19 AM »
Really who knows

It's the MRP we are talking about so anything could happen
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)