Author Topic: VFL Round 15: Richmond vs Sandringham, curtain-raiser @ Punt Rd, Sat. July 25  (Read 9039 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
@RichmondVFL: Half time at Punt Road. Tigers leading by 14 points. @RichmondVFL 4.7.31 @sandyzebs 2.5.17

The Beaner has 3
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
@RichmondVFL: Astbury leading the way on 18 disposals, Conca on 17, Cachia on 16, Menadue 14, Arnot 14
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
@RichmondVFL: Corey Ellis kicks a long bomb from just on 50. Tigers back to a 7 point lead nearing 3QT

The beaner has 4
It's that simple Spud

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
@RichmondVFL: Sandringham really on top now. Out to a 32 point marching 19 mins gone.
It's that simple Spud

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Geez
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
8 goal last quarter to the Zebras. We kicked 2 points  :P.

FINAL SIREN - #PJVFL

Richmond_VFL    8. 9. 57
Sandringham     15. 12. 102

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
In the last did they rest the whole team for next week?  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
2015 Peter Jackson VFL

Richmond Tigers   3.3  4.7  8.7  8.9 (57)
Sandringham        2.4  2.5  7.6  15.12 (102)

GOALS:
Richmond Tigers: McBean 4 Conca  Menadue  Ellis  Gordon
Sandringham: Acres 3 Dennis-Lane 3 Membrey 3 Brown  Saunders  Minchington  White  Jones  Lee

BEST:
Richmond Tigers: Arnot Conca Menadue McBean Astbury Oliver
Sandringham: Ross Jones Membrey Acres Shenton Brown

https://reg.sportingpulse.com/olr_v5/rpt_progressive.cgi?aID=4138&pg=1&a=MR

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Late fade-out costs VFL Tigers

By Catherine Durkin
 July 25, 2015 6:15 PM

Richmond’s VFL squad has succumbed to a fast-finishing Sandringham, by 45 points on Saturday afternoon at the ME Centre.

After dominating disposal early, the Tigers led for most of the game, taking a seven-point lead into the final break.

But after a four goal to five third quarter in Sandringham’s favour, the Zebras stormed out of the blocks in the fourth, piling on an early lead, which quickly grew to eight unanswered goals.

VFL coach Tim Clarke said he was extremely disappointed with the way the Tigers finished the game.

“At the start of the game we played some really good footy, but we couldn’t control it the way we would like going forward,” he said.

“We had a lot of inside 50s, we moved the ball well, and the players were playing well. But we just couldn’t score.

“That’s a problem when you’ve got an inexperienced side at times. You play some really good footy and then you let yourselves down at times.

“You just hope that as a coach, and as a team, that the let downs don’t hurt you too much on the scoreboard, and they didn’t for the first three quarters. But from there they really got a hold of us in the last.”

Despite applying relentless pressure and holding Sandringham goalless in the second quarter, the Tigers only managed one goal and four behinds themselves, taking a 14-point lead into half time.

The half time margin was to be Richmond’s biggest for the day.

Liam McBean kept Richmond in the contest up forward, kicking three goals in the first half and a total of four for the game.

Reece Conca also provided flashes of brilliance through the middle. He finished with 28 disposals, laid five tackles and appears to be recovering well after spending a considerable amount of the season on the injury list.

Matt Arnot topped the possession stats with 33 (15 contested) and was an integral player in Richmond’s forward transition.

The game marked the return of Corey Ellis after several weeks on the sidelines. He got through the game unscathed and injected some much-needed finesse at times. He also managed to push forward and kick a goal.

Richmond will be tested again next week when they face ladder leader Box Hill on Saturday.

FINAL SCORES

Richmond           3.3    4.7   8.7   15.12.102
Sandringham      2.4    2.5   7.6    8.9.57

BEST
Arnot, Cachia, R.Conca, Astbury, Dea, Scott, Barlow

GOALS
McBean 4, Menadue, Ellis, Gordon, L.Conca

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-07-25/late-fadeout-costs-vfl-tigers

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
A strong side & we are slaughtered in the last 1/4 really Pathetic to watch.  :thumbsdown

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Worrying
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Menadue actually touching the ball :clapping

Anyone see where Morris played? Funnily enough got plenty of it but no goals.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Menadue actually touching the ball :clapping

Anyone see where Morris played? Funnily enough got plenty of it but no goals.

Played back mostly

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Shapes getting plenty of it the last fortnight as well.

Morris was ok - he should be as state league is his level. Wouldn't object to him being brought in specifically for Hawthorn as a backman with all their smalls though. Not that I think he'll be able to do all that much with Rioli, Breust and little Pepe le Ploppo all running at him.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.