Author Topic: Matthew McDonough [merged]  (Read 31249 times)

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Matthew McDonough [merged]
« Reply #390 on: July 22, 2015, 01:08:12 PM »
Again its getting used to the speed of the game but there was one instance against the Saints where in the forward 50 the ball basically just fell into his lap and he didn't get close to the goals with the resulting snap. For me a natural footballer would have nailed it even accounting for the fact he hasn't seen a lot of senior football. Maybe my definition of a natural footballer is different to others, my interpretation is they do things without appearing to think long about it and on most occasions make the right decisions under pressure. From what i have seen so far he is a workmanlike player who with some perseverance might become a better player via hard work rather than drawing on sheer natural ability. To me an example of a natural footballer is Corey Ellis, Donut needs to emulate how he moves around the ground and executes when required to do so.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #391 on: July 22, 2015, 01:12:07 PM »
The issue is that he's not an athlete

the argument is nor is the like of Swan and he goes alright

True. But Swan is at least quick. Donuts is short, slow and pudgy. Has a few tricks though. We'll see.
Hope he gets a run of games.

Offline Jonah Vark

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #392 on: July 22, 2015, 01:33:18 PM »
Excellent footskills, decision making and a good clearance player, with the right development, he could become a very useful player despite the physical deficiencies. A bargain bin Mitchell.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #393 on: July 22, 2015, 01:54:10 PM »
never ceases to amaze me that people expect players to just step into the team and adjust to the pace and intensity of afl footy straight away.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #394 on: July 22, 2015, 08:34:41 PM »
never ceases to amaze me that people expect players to just step into the team and adjust to the pace and intensity of afl footy straight away.
Fair enough comment Al but I would suggest most people would like to altleast see something they can hang there hat on when a player breaks into the senior team.
Do you think he looks fat?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #395 on: July 22, 2015, 11:05:55 PM »
couldnt give a stuff how he looks, but if people are going to call for a player to be dropped after one game then dont bag the selectors for doing so with other players.

most players will need a number of games to adjust to the pace of AFL footy, and while he didnt show anything spectacular last game, i saw things i liked about him in previous games, but then he got dropped without a chance to find his feet and settle into the team.

on the flip side, how many players have a blinder of a debut that gets everyone moist, only to fade into obscurity?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #396 on: July 22, 2015, 11:17:44 PM »
couldnt give a stuff how he looks, but if people are going to call for a player to be dropped after one game then dont bag the selectors for doing so with other players.

most players will need a number of games to adjust to the pace of AFL footy, and while he didnt show anything spectacular last game, i saw things i liked about him in previous games, but then he got dropped without a chance to find his feet and settle into the team.

on the flip side, how many players have a blinder of a debut that gets everyone moist, only to fade into obscurity?
Yes so true don't remind us of Polo and McGrath please.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #397 on: July 23, 2015, 05:25:31 PM »
Or McIntosh :shh