Author Topic: i really love bacha  (Read 13727 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: i really love bacha
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2015, 12:45:11 AM »
A week is a long time in footy  :yep  :thumbsup ...

VIDEO of Bachar's goal: http://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-07-31/bachar-gets-some-redemption

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2015, 06:08:20 PM »
Thought he was pretty poor before that goal. Clearly boosted his confidence as he did a few good things after it.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2015, 06:31:00 PM »
agreed, he looked shaky but hardened up after the goal, got his mojo back on.  When he chased that dorker player for the length of the ground and just got his finger tips to him, that was the sort of poo that made me smile last night, dogged pressure.  The old tigers wouldn't of bothered chasing him that far, but it was enough to put his kick off and cause an apple turnover.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2015, 10:14:54 PM »
Bachar will be on twitter midday tomorrow taking questions. Just use the hashtag.

Wednesday – Bachar Houli (12.00pm) #BacharTakeover

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-04/have-you-got-a-burning-question-for-the-afls-multicultural-ambassadors

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2015, 10:23:54 PM »
Thats a worrisome hashtag....
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2015, 10:52:49 PM »
#reclaimtwitter
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2015, 09:47:31 PM »
I don't think anyone will disagree that Houli's rebound is very good most of the time BUT his ability to defend really hurts the side.
Hardwick went to Batch to play on Betts last night simply because Houli isn't able to play on these types of guys. In saying that, who is he able to match up on and win one on one?

If we are defending well as a group, Houli's lack of ability to beat an opponent is hidden but when we are struggling it stands out like dogs balls. That effort to mark in the first quarter that went over the back which ended up in their first goal was nothing short of disgraceful!

Batch has been pretty good for a while as an all out stopper on the oppositions 3rd tall, but when Grimes went down last night we got found out.
We have Hunt, Houli and Vlastuin as small defenders but realistically only Vlastuin is any good when it comes to defense. But even he seems to play better on a bigger opponent.
I hate to say this but it seems the only way we will try something else is if Houli, Batch or Hunt gets injured, and I hope one of them does soon. They are  simply not a top 4 side defenders.

I'm still really surprised that some on hear don't rate Grimes as highly as others. His ability to play small and tall in invaluable, and he actually contributes on the way out which is more than you can say for Batch.
IMO we still have some work to do on our back line if we are to be a consistent top 4 side and I personally don't think that Houli, Batch or even Hunt are the answer. Plus Chaplin is holding on by a thread.
We have Rance, Grimes and Vlastuin to build around which is a very good starting point but they need help, I like Dea but he is just not getting an opportunity even with his consistent good form in the twos. Maybe George could step up next year, maybe his disposal needs work but he has some very good attributes and in his first year out of under age footy he has done really well.

I still think Morris has something to offer when we play sides with dominate small forwards. He doesn't get much of the footy but he is very good at keeping the Eddie Betts of the world quiet. And with side winning with 10 goals a game these days it sure does help!
He has been played forward all year as a small forward and has failed but as we all can see it's not an easy position to play especially in our side when most weeks we are a man or two down in our forward line. He was drafted as a small defender so play him there or get rid of him because he is not a small forward.
We as a club really take that position for granted and have for a long time, trying to draft a decent small forward through the rookie draft or a late national draft pick. We desperately need a decent one so why not trade for one or use a low pick on one.