Author Topic: Richmond to wear Dreamtime guernsey against Hawthorn.  (Read 11677 times)

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond to wear Dreamtime guernsey against Hawthorn.
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2015, 09:57:06 AM »
Well, if you worked in a store and 50 people came in a each week and stood there and called you a black mongrel idiot and every name under the sun, you would expect your employer minimum would have them ejected.  The employer might agree that you are a black mongrel idiot and every name under the sun, but he has a duty of care to you.

See it from the personal selfish point of view if you can't see it from an example of someone else's pain.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2015, 10:02:56 AM »
The whole thing is embarrassing.
The only winners are the journalists and self indulged columnists.

x 2.

I'm ashamed that my club and players have politicized my sport and bought into an issue that has been largely fuelled by the media sycophants, something that Adam Goodes could stop tomorrow if he wasn't stage-managing the whole thing deliberately for his own selfish and political agenda.

+1
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2015, 10:14:22 AM »
Well, if you worked in a store and 50 people came in a each week and stood there and called you a black mongrel idiot and every name under the sun, you would expect your employer minimum would have them ejected.  The employer might agree that you are a black mongrel idiot and every name under the sun, but he has a duty of care to you.

See it from the personal selfish point of view if you can't see it from an example of someone else's pain.

Actually, if you were to pay me $850,000 for working 20-30 times a year id let you say what you like and merely smile.

People calling professional footballers "a black mongrel idiot" have been kicked out of games for decades now? Have they not? They issue is the media/AFL hive-mind is claiming booing = racism.  i  think, it is a load of crap  :bluesbros

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2015, 10:18:54 AM »

Actually, if you were to pay me $850,000 for working 20-30 times a year id let you say what you like and merely smile.

But that is your choice.  Others who have more self-respect should be entitled to be able to go to work and not have to put up with abuse

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2015, 10:20:56 AM »

But that is your choice.  Others who have more self-respect should be entitled to be able to go to work and not have to put up with abuse

Its also my choice, to boo who the hell i want at football games.  Be it a cheating umpire flog, a drug cheats, grigg, chaplin, hampson, goodes

Again, no one is saying "black mongrel idiot", you are dangerously close to making stuff up. And if they do, they are punished by the authorities
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2015, 10:22:53 AM »
You cry so loudly your rights, but deny someone else his to feel offence.  Okay for you to be offended if I call you a racist but not him to defend himself against people who attack him.
Hardly seems fair does it?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2015, 10:25:03 AM »
You cry so loudly your rights, but deny someone else his to feel offence.  Okay for you to be offended if I call you a racist but not him to defend himself against people who attack him.

again you are wrong

i could not care less if you call me racist

in fact, more power to you

im merely saying boo-ing is not racism and you are wrong. along with all the other dumass; Gill, Robbo, Daniel Andrews, Chris Scott

Goodes does not have a right to not be booed if he is a professional footballer. Tough tittes. same as jake king

dwaino

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2015, 10:25:29 AM »
The whole thing is embarrassing.
The only winners are the journalists and self indulged columnists.

x 2.

I'm ashamed that my club and players have politicized my sport and bought into an issue that has been largely fuelled by the media sycophants, something that Adam Goodes could stop tomorrow if he wasn't stage-managing the whole thing deliberately for his own selfish and political agenda.

x4

AFL turning it into a race issue because no one wants to be a racist. Saying if you boo him you are a racist is a cop out. Goodes has been hardly undermined because he is black. Instead we have to walk on egg shells around him because we are white. Who is the racist? Schwarz unterdrücker  ::)

dwaino

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2015, 10:26:08 AM »
I hope we wear yellow sharps containers the week after in support of Jobe.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2015, 10:31:00 AM »

chocolate should fall from the sky too but it does not

its a game of footy, played by professional athletes

your salesman analogy are rubbish

how many thousands of years have sports people and actors been booed / cheered

I hope we wear yellow sharps containers the week after in support of Jobe.

exactly

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2015, 10:33:35 AM »

again you are wrong

im merely saying boo-ing is not racism and you are wrong. along with all the other dumass; Gill, Robbo, Daniel Andrews, Chris Scott

Goodes does not have a right to not be booed if he is a professional footballer. Tough tittes. same as jake king
No, you are right, people who boo are not necessarily racists, but there is an element of racism who get behind people in large groups who are.
Half the people wouldn't have a clue why they boo, they just follow the mob mentality
But there are those that are clued in and see that as an opportunity to take advantage of the situation.
But you have the same right to defend yourself that you're not a racist as much as Goodes has the right to defend his actions and not have to put up with being called a sook because he does.   And clubs have to protect their players, it's their job, their duty, and whether people have been doing it for centuries with no harm doesn't mean that there would not be grounds for someone to come in and sue his employer for not providing adequate protection.  So it's not just a personal thing, I would think it's a workplace issue as well.  I would rather hope though that they are doing it to support Goodes than any other reason though

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2015, 10:36:58 AM »

again you are wrong

No, you are right, people who boo are not necessarily racists, but there is an element of racism who get behind people in large groups who are.
Half the people wouldn't have a clue why they boo, they just follow the mob mentality
But there are those that are clued in and see that as an opportunity to take advantage of the situation.
But you have the same right to defend yourself that you're not a racist as much as Goodes has the right to defend his actions and not have to put up with being called a sook because he does.   And clubs have to protect their players, it's their job, their duty, and whether people have been doing it for centuries with no harm doesn't mean that there would not be grounds for someone to come in and sue his employer for not providing adequate protection.  So it's not just a personal thing, I would think it's a workplace issue as well.  I would rather hope though that they are doing it to support Goodes than any other reason though

I don't mind being called racist. we have already established this. hence i will boo in peace, and you label me as you wish

Yes, the clubs can attempt to "protect" professional athletes from booing. but that would also make them morons IMHO

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2015, 10:40:10 AM »
Just used you as a bad example.
I meant someone with pride, someone who did care what others thought of themselves.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2015, 10:42:57 AM »
Just used you as a bad example.
I meant someone with pride, someone who did care what others thought of themselves.

did your priest / mummy / teacher - forget to teach you, not to care what others think ?

be an individual
think for yourself
don't listen to the media for every answer.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2015, 10:49:50 AM »
I can't speak for every person booing.. But I was under the impression it has absolutely nothing to do with race and more to do with the fact he's acted like an absolute tosser. All these acts of racial support are meaningless because he isn't being booed because he's indigenous. That's what I rdckon anyway