Author Topic: Cats want home again. Rumour is with us  (Read 4187 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Cats want home again. Rumour is with us
« on: August 12, 2015, 07:32:42 AM »
Apologies in advance if this has been mentioned before. If so just merge it.

Heard on 3aw strong rumour is they want another home game against a big club and it won't be pies or hawks.

Can someone explain to me why it's not the hawks, blues or bombers?? We should be telling them to get stuffed plain and simple. There is no need for us to agree on this as it's virtually giving away 4 points even though we struggle to beat them in Melbourne.

It may or may not happen but it just s//hits me how we are considered ahead of those imposters with a manufactured fan base
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Cats want home again. Rumour is with us
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 12:00:11 PM »
Gale will bend over and let the club take it from the AFL like he always does.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 12:49:31 PM »
Gale will bend over and let the club take it from the AFL like he always does.

Gale is the reason we don't play them there anymore.... let the Blues/Bombers go there, we have the highest ave for crowds this year & they don't let our members in so they can get stuffed!!!!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 01:31:32 PM »
Gale wants Gil's job eventually...he's not going to rock the boat...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 01:46:45 PM »

Gale is the reason we don't play them there anymore.... let the Blues/Bombers go there, we have the highest ave for crowds this year & they don't let our members in so they can get stuffed!!!!

Gale is the reason we don't play there anymore? Please.

He maybe good but he isn't that good. And to be honest he has no control over it'd site what he may tell the RFC faithful

In 2014 we played Geelong at the MCG and it was their home game. The crowd figures that day (and yes the weather was crap) weren't great regarding RFC members turning up

That is what Geelong bases their argument on wanting to play us down at the cattery.

Then the last time we played down there the allocation of seats for visiting members didn't get taken up. So they argue that the can easily accommodate the RFC people who want to show up.

I am not for one minute saying I agree with argument (I don't) but that's what they base their case around.

And just on this so called "rumour".

Geelong CEO Brian Cook flagged this months ago... Clubs are now required to put on their fixturing wishe lists for 2016 so no doubt getting a "big" club to play down the highway is on that list

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 01:48:26 PM »
Send carlton or essendon down
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 01:52:23 PM »
Send carlton or essendon down

Actually Carlton is the one

Based on ladder position they have to be the one

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 04:44:47 PM »

Gale is the reason we don't play there anymore? Please.

He maybe good but he isn't that good. And to be honest he has no control over it'd site what he may tell the RFC faithful

In 2014 we played Geelong at the MCG and it was their home game. The crowd figures that day (and yes the weather was crap) weren't great regarding RFC members turning up

That is what Geelong bases their argument on wanting to play us down at the cattery.

Then the last time we played down there the allocation of seats for visiting members didn't get taken up. So they argue that the can easily accommodate the RFC people who want to show up.

I am not for one minute saying I agree with argument (I don't) but that's what they base their case around.

And just on this so called "rumour".

Geelong CEO Brian Cook flagged this months ago... Clubs are now required to put on their fixturing wishe lists for 2016 so no doubt getting a "big" club to play down the highway is on that list

i get what your saying, i don't bother going as for where i sit, it's poo seating area & i know our members get locked out so not going all the way over there to get told "sorry we're full".
i believe Gale is the reason, he spoke about (through the media) getting us out of havcing to play there which he did & spoke about it later (again in the media) as well.....

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 05:23:20 PM »
How come Geelong want Punt Rd?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 05:30:05 PM »

i get what your saying, i don't bother going as for where i sit, it's poo seating area & i know our members get locked out so not going all the way over there to get told "sorry we're full".
i believe Gale is the reason, he spoke about (through the media) getting us out of havcing to play there which he did & spoke about it later (again in the media) as well.....

I am well aware of what Benny Gale has said in the media, yes he said he made it clear we don't want to go there and shouldn't be scheduled down there but that is very different to getting us out of playing there.

Yes the AFL moved us in 2014 after originally fixturing us down there but that had more to do with the fact that they had given us an Etihad home game after saying they wouldn't. Not playing there in 2014 was the trade off. Yep Benny pushed for that but  that was a one off, l let's be clear about that.

This year we didn't have an away game agoant r them so who knows.

As for playing down there. In 2013 the RFC bought all the allocated seats for RFC members off Geelong to ensure only our members got in. Our members didn't buy all those seats. So the
Club in trying to help its members ended up out of pocket because there very people it tried to the right thing by didn't come to the party

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 05:42:04 PM »
rfc are biggest drawing club in the league , we don't play at boutique stadiums, why, coz it costs the afl BIG time in LOST rev. Nice try though
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2015, 06:05:15 PM »
rfc are biggest drawing club in the league , we don't play at boutique stadiums, why, coz it costs the afl BIG time in LOST rev. Nice try though

Bojo you've been making too much sense lately.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 07:55:19 PM »
Let them stinking rot.
This mob are becoming a financial basket case.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 07:58:33 PM »
Bummers and Blues are big.
Big Losers.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟