Author Topic: Tigers should have Steve Johnson in their sights ... (Age)  (Read 54273 times)

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
Re: Tigers should have Steve Johnson in their sights ... (Age)
« Reply #195 on: October 04, 2015, 12:10:28 PM »
We have only had 1 player retire or delisted that was in our 22 at the end of our season. We have 8 to 12 players that need time in the main team to either develop or see what they have got. We don't need Steve J go take that one spot. Beside that if you watched this season he was a shadow of his previous self and had become a real sniper.  Big no for me (again)
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #196 on: October 04, 2015, 12:32:49 PM »
We have only had 1 player retire or delisted that was in our 22 at the end of our season. We have 8 to 12 players that need time in the main team to either develop or see what they have got. We don't need Steve J go take that one spot. Beside that if you watched this season he was a shadow of his previous self and had become a real sniper.  Big no for me (again)

l really agree 100% with your post. A bomb really needs to go off down at the club to spark a few of our leaders into weekly consistency. We do have the players who could be players like SJ who are out of the side due to injury. Cory Ellis could be that guy or Lambert is a player l see that could be our own SJ damaging player

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #197 on: October 04, 2015, 01:05:23 PM »

x 2  :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #198 on: October 04, 2015, 06:53:17 PM »
mitch morton won swannies a flag

then i think they delisted him

Yep they sure did.  ;D

He retired of his own volition. Went out on a high.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #199 on: October 05, 2015, 12:07:52 PM »
Former Geelong star Steve Johnson may be left stranded without a club to extend his playing career, but there is still a chance Richmond could take him.

SEN draft expert Brett Anderson suggests that there are not too many teams left that are interested in the 32-year-old triple premiership player.

“Well I think the tigers could get Stevie J and we probably heard on the weekend that Gold Coast has ruled them out on taking him,” said Anderson on SEN radio.

“He probably does want to play somewhere and he then you’ve got to look at him in a coaching capacity too.”

http://www.sen.com.au/news/10-15/trade-sentral-stevie-j-tigers-leuenberger#Cgv3JdJf45AbpowQ.99

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #200 on: October 05, 2015, 12:19:44 PM »
This is the Tigers 'big fish" that's top secret.. :shh :snidegrin :whistle ::)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline scjhammo

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #201 on: October 05, 2015, 12:26:32 PM »
This is the Tigers 'big fish" that's top secret.. :shh :snidegrin :whistle ::)

:lol :lol :lol :lol yeah ur probably right mate they will say we went after to help develop our young forwaders and get the finals experience within the club

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #202 on: October 05, 2015, 04:34:23 PM »
Would only rookie him for depth

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #203 on: October 05, 2015, 04:35:38 PM »

Why??? Seriously, why wouldn't you fill that rookie spot with a young guy?

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #204 on: October 05, 2015, 04:38:23 PM »
I find the term rookie for older players with 200 plus games experience to be a little misleading.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #205 on: October 05, 2015, 04:44:23 PM »

because the likelyhood of that young guy making it is pretty slim.

and please, if you are going to trot out a couple of names of the few who do come good, please put it forward with the number of rookies who dont so it is in correct context.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #206 on: October 05, 2015, 04:45:28 PM »

I like the idea of having a bit of a mix of experienced depth and potential talent in the rookie list. Seriously, hardly any of them make it but some do have enough talent they are worth the punt because there is no risk involved. But it is also useful to have a back up player sitting in the wings who I'd rather not take the spot of a young player that has earned a spot in the 22

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #207 on: October 05, 2015, 04:48:32 PM »

because the likelyhood of that young guy making it is pretty slim.

and please, if you are going to trot out a couple of names of the few who do come good, please put it forward with the number of rookies who dont so it is in correct context.

And some do, I would rather have the some do as an option instead of the 32 year old list clogger.

There is a reason the Cats got rid of him, that's enough for me, If they thought he would be part of their development or next premiership they would have kept him. So we would be unprofessional to pick him up.

"Rucks:

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #208 on: October 05, 2015, 04:49:36 PM »

Posted in another thread about pick 20 being slim and along with the comment about rookie picks being a slim chance I've just been waiting for someone to bring up the one out of 1000 good players to come from that pick.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #209 on: October 05, 2015, 04:50:53 PM »

And some do, I would rather have the some do as an option instead of the 32 year old list clogger.

There is a reason the Cats got rid of him, that's enough for me, If they thought he would be part of their development or next premiership they would have kept him. So we would be unprofessional to pick him up.

Yes some do, hence why I like a bit of a mix but most of the time it just doesn't eventuate. Just like hedging your bets to ensure you get some sort of outcome.