Author Topic: Lids to play in International Rules series  (Read 8432 times)

Ox

Re: Lids to play in International Rules series
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2005, 11:11:42 AM »
but where can i upload the files.?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Deledio soaks up victory (afl.com.au)
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2005, 04:57:47 PM »
Deledio soaks up victory
12:14:09 PM Mon 31 October, 2005
Scott Spits
Sportal for afl.com.au

It's been a heady year for Brett Deledio, but the No.1 draft selection capped off a memorable debut season in the AFL as a valuable member of Australia's successful International Rules squad.

The 18-year-old played all 22 matches for Richmond 2005 and such was the composure he showed during his first season at the elite level, first-year Australian coach Kevin Sheedy picked Deledio in his new-look national squad for the hybrid game.

Now that Deledio has firmly established himself as a player of the future and represented his country against Ireland, the NAB Rising Star winner has earnt the chance to relax for a while before pre-season training gets underway for the Tigers.

The classy midfielder will take a week off and return to his home town of Kyabram in country Victoria before starting training on 7 November.

So, Brett, are you looking forward to the chance to put your feet up?

"Yeah, I can't wait. I've got a week off now so I might head back up home and just relax for a week," he said after Australia's 21-point victory over Ireland in the second Test at Telstra Dome last Friday night, giving the home team an aggregate victory of 57 points - the biggest series victory in the history of the competition.

"The family came down. Hopefully they enjoyed watching the game."

The chance to play for Australia came after Richmond football manager Paul Armstrong came to Deledio during the season and said Australian selectors were interested.

"I was never going to refuse the offer so I'm very proud to represent my country."

Deledio was delighted to play in front of a partisan crowd at Telstra Dome as Australia remarkably recorded its first ever victory in Melbourne.

"They were good, they were really good," he said of the Melbourne fans. "They supported very hard - the same over in Perth. We couldn't have asked any more of them."

The often-spiteful final Test featured numerous physical clashes but Deledio said the Irish came out hard with plenty to prove after a 36-point loss at Subiaco one week earlier.

"They obviously wanted to make up for what happened last week and a couple of our guys retaliated and there were a few unlucky bumps here and there. (There was) nothing too bad I don't think."

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=235668

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Lids and Newman's tackles (video)
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2005, 05:38:39 AM »
Courtesy of Ox's audio-video wizardry :thumbsup, here are Lids and Newman's tackles from the first IR test:

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/movies/LidsAndNewman.wmv  [1.9 MB]

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2005, 10:43:34 AM »
It'd be great if someone could make a compilation video of highlights from Lids's first season, although i guess it might be asking a bit too much!

MT, just give it a few days and this will end up on "PRETV" and they'll be claiming it as theyre own!

Ox

« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2005, 12:03:56 PM »
Id do it if i had the footage :thumbsup but it would be a nightmare to track down.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2005, 01:08:41 PM »
Id do it if i had the footage :thumbsup but it would be a nightmare to track down.
Yes thats what i was thinking, you'd have to download a LOT of Richmond games simply to be able to do it!

Too bad you can't record the games with a DVD Recorder and then just chuck them onto the PC for the 2006 season!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2005, 04:06:06 AM »
Yes thats what i was thinking, you'd have to download a LOT of Richmond games simply to be able to do it!

The AFL site would have all the vision but you have to have Telstra bigpond as your ISP to access it (you can't even pay for it even if you wanted to ::) ). Just do a search for Deledio and tick highlights.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2005, 12:09:26 PM »
Ive twice paid for access from these tools.
Living OS enables u to qualify for being able to watch the games without being a bigpond member.
I cane back to oz in August and when i returned to the states in October my membership had been deleted.
I should have had a 12 month memvership.
I would contact them regarding this but i canr find a contact for them.
If my membership was active i coud do the highlight thing

Telstra are assholes big time.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2005, 12:35:31 PM »
MT, occasionaly it lets me watch games on the AFL site last season, i have no idea why though, id randomly try it sometimes it works sometimes it didnt!

I don't think it lets you download the games Fox, its all streaming!

If you do happen to create it Fox, make sure you give yourself (and possibly this site) credit in it at the start or end or wherever, as certain other Richmond forums has a knack of knocking off any and all Richmond footage on the net and claiming it as their own creation!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 12:37:10 PM by Razorblade »

Ox

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2005, 12:53:37 PM »
No probs Razor. :thumbsup