Author Topic: The Big Fish  (Read 10716 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: The Big Fish
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2015, 01:39:56 PM »
Who is there? Hannebery re-signed, Dangerfield is going home to Geelong, Treloar wants to go to Colonwood supposedly to reunite with his U16s coach (or the under the table Westpac deals, either way he doesn't want to come), Carlisle is a massive whimp that loses the plot too easily and in no way worth the first rounder you would need though Carlton are talking about just taking him in the PSD and he seems ok with that.

Who are the big fish? Luey is another Hampson and can't even get a kick at Brisbane, Aish is gettable but will only be a third year player and has spent his second season for whatever reason plodding in the twos, Henderson is a decent swing man but isn't much more than a role player.

There are only value choices left. If we can get Yarran for a second rounder then that's value. Pushing someone off the bottom of the list like Gordon is a good return from the cost of a second rounder. Aish with a first might be a bit rich but at least he's a known value. WCE might want too much for someone like Lycett who I think is contracted and is their first back up ruck though Kruezer wouldn't cost anything more than salary cap space. Yet none of these options are massive improvements which is why I don't think the list is that bad. I'm more under the impression that the instruction just isn't good enough.

You raise some good points about what's available
According to Robbo on SEN today Treloar was line ball with pies/tigers. Sounds like they were just more persistent.
Perhaps the club needs to think outside of the square for list management improvent, be honest with themselves and target our needs rather than persist with what has delivered.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S