Author Topic: Why we lost today vs North Melbourne  (Read 15543 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Why we lost today vs North Melbourne
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2015, 12:50:50 PM »
Well, Cunnington believes North won due to Goldstein eventually getting on top in the ruck and feeding their mids.

"I felt 'Goldy' (Todd Goldstein) got his hand to the ball (at ruck contests) a bit more as the game went on.

"To Richmond's credit, they were really picking and sharking our hit-outs early so we tried to keep mixing up our hits and in the end I think we just got on top.

"It was a credit to the whole midfield group."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-16/i-thought-i-was-gone-says-cunnington-about-the-edwards-tackle

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2015, 11:10:10 PM »
Some very good talk from Mooney on SEN where it went wrong with us and the way they dealt with it at the Cats, also said what Thompson wound have done to change it. That shows me Hardwick is further away from being competent to take us further. Also how immature and selfish our players are.

Can’t let your skipper get beat up: Mooney

Joshua Papanikolaou
SEN
15 Sep 2015

It is unacceptable and an indictment on the Richmond playing group that captain Trent Cotchin was blanketed out of the game by a tagger, says Cameron Mooney.

He was held to just nine possessions, including just three kicks, against North Melbourne in the elimination final by Kangaroos midfielder Ben Jacobs.

“Yeah Cotchin had a poor game and he’ll have to live with that the whole summer,” said Mooney on SEN radio.

“But he’s their captain and arguably the best player so how could you allow him to be manhandled, pushed and shoved?

“There is no way in the world Geelong or Hawthorn, or if you go back to the days with Brisbane big Browny would have come through and knocked Jacobs on his backside.

“You can’t allow a person to dictate to your best player like they did on Saturday.”

Tigers coach Damien Hardwick has claimed through the season his group has significantly developed in terms of leadership on the field.

Mooney suggests that the inability for anyone to take the initiative and help their captain on the biggest of stages proves they still have work to do.

The former Geelong forward claims such a thing would never of happened within his team when the Cats were winning premierships.

“I’m so disappointed, it just showed me that they are still some distance away from being a real mature group,” he said.

“They’ve said throughout the year that they have matured but it came to the biggest game of the year and it went out the door.

“I could not believe that somebody didn’t go and put some serious pressure on Jacobs when they ran past him.

“You could just see it unfolding and they all started freezing up, they didn’t think team.”

http://www.sen.com.au/news/09-15/can-t-let-your-skipper-get-beat-up-mooney

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2015, 03:27:00 AM »
Whilst I agree with the fact that players should protect their captain I also think that Cotchin had to pull his finger from out of his arse too and impose himself, don't let a skinny kid push you around. As far as I know your still allowed to bump and shepherd in this game, so you get fined for wrestling who gives a rats.
I couldn't think of a better opportunity to flex some muscle than when Thomas kicked Grimes, someone (including the captain) should've ripped his fat head right off his midget body. Good to see Rance came in straight away & shook him like a rag doll but I reckon a good old fashion all in melee was what we needed during a lacklustre third qtr might have woken a few of the leaders up.
The club that keeps giving.

Gigantor

« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2015, 05:53:36 AM »
9 disposals in a final from your captain is absurd....it almost suggests he did nothing to shake the tag off.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2015, 06:28:11 AM »
Miles had no protection at all yet he continued to find the ball. Hardwick should have moved Cotchin deep into the forwardline where he would have assisted with keeping the ball in the forwardline.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2015, 07:53:39 AM »
All Cotchin had to do was spend 10 mins standing in the goal square
Long ball in
Isolated
Footy is an easy game

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2015, 07:58:47 AM »
Long ball in
Isolated
Footy is an easy game

:thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Gigantor

« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2015, 08:06:25 AM »
I have been mostly supportive of our coaching staff this year but the blunders during this final seem endless.
1.playing griff and conca
2 refusing to play either of lids,dusty or cotch (one on one)in the forward line.
3.doing nothing to change things round in the middle.
4.Doing nothing about Waite.
5.this final one was absolutely glaring to many of us and that was Nth having 2 or 3  loose players at the back of each contest ,where the ball would inevitably find its way.
6.By the way did anyone notice chocco at 3/4 time standing about 20-30metres from the huddle seemingly gesturing to the crowd?

anyway that's how it seemed to me.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2015, 08:37:46 AM »
Long ball in
Isolated
Footy is an easy game

Yep

Really weird coaching
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2015, 10:03:40 AM »
Mooney is right. 
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2015, 08:19:58 PM »
Long ball in
Isolated
Footy is an easy game

Exactly. Or have him co-tag the North tagging target and let oiur tagged guy block.

Park football 101.

But too much pride and faith, not enough intelligence
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2015, 09:35:51 PM »
FFS, I was saying that at the game!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.