Author Topic: Will we improve, hold steady or slide backwards next year  (Read 6768 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Will we improve, hold steady or slide backwards next year
« on: October 05, 2015, 09:01:47 AM »
As per the thread title, assuming we only draft say Yarran as our big fish :banghead

Will we improve our position on the ladder and/or win a final, hold steady or slide backwards? 

Have we maxed out? Will other teams go past us?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Will we improve, hold steady or slide backwards next year
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 09:06:50 AM »
I think it depends a lot on how other clubs recruit/trade/acquire players through FA.

If C Ellis comes along more, McBean, Elton, McKenzie and Castagna all improve we could in theory move along very nicely. But if they don't and we only pick up Yarran then I cant really see us improving on this year in a big way.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 10:12:49 AM »
come on dooks we all know the answer to this. Same personnel on and off the field  :banghead :banghead, same coach for another few years.

next year will be another year where everyone will rub themselves from rounds 1-22 up only to fail on the big stage

This team like Claw says is a 6-10 side. FFS we cant even win a final and till that changes the club will just keep going sideways, especially if we continue to let the same players make the same mistakes year in year out, without holding them to account and sending them back to the VFL.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 10:14:38 AM »
9th because that is where boring clubs finish

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 10:19:08 AM »
I think it depends a lot on how other clubs recruit/trade/acquire players through FA.

If C Ellis comes along more, McBean, Elton, McKenzie and Castagna all improve we could in theory move along very nicely. But if they don't and we only pick up Yarran then I cant really see us improving on this year in a big way.

The other clubs ranked 1st to 12th have players likes elton and castagna too

Won't be enough
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 10:49:42 AM »
Yarran brownlow, Gordon Coleman, Morris Norm Smith is how 2016 will pan out.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 10:50:36 AM »
Chaplin reverse Coleman winner

Grigg taggr of the season - all australian
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline scjhammo

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 10:54:09 AM »

if ur thinking the above will help us out mate then were in for a long year McKenzie rpobbaly another 2-3 years away like mcbean has been Elton please signed for another 2 years with no real afl time wtf ... ellis will be the key with his run and that's it and yah have to be honest... like u said depends on the trades etc ud expected cats to come back into the 8 and port will get a nice draw will push hard for the 8... for us we need to get some ready made quality players to the club not average players

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 10:59:10 AM »

if ur thinking the above will help us out mate then were in for a long year McKenzie rpobbaly another 2-3 years away like mcbean has been Elton please signed for another 2 years with no real afl time wtf ... ellis will be the key with his run and that's it and yah have to be honest... like u said depends on the trades etc ud expected cats to come back into the 8 and port will get a nice draw will push hard for the 8... for us we need to get some ready made quality players to the club not average players

Agree but all we have is Yarran coming sooooo....
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 11:04:49 AM »

I've got hopes for Butler too..... :pray
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 11:06:07 AM »

Every team has random obscure kid they hope will improve

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 11:21:48 AM »
12 months ago many experts thought we would struggle to hold our spot in the 8 - but we came very close to making top 4.
Teams like Port added a big fish like Ryder and their year was a friggen disaster.
West Coast finish 9th and then go into the following grand final as favourites - without recruiting a big fish.

Who the @#$& knows.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 11:38:03 AM »
12 months ago many experts thought we would struggle to hold our spot in the 8 - but we came very close to making top 4.
Teams like Port added a big fish like Ryder and their year was a friggen disaster.
West Coast finish 9th and then go into the following grand final as favourites - without recruiting a big fish.

Who the @#$& knows.

The bookies?

Why not sit out the trade periods then if it te whims of the gods

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 12:36:40 PM »

Every team has random obscure kid they hope will improve

Will be the pick of the crop. :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 12:47:50 PM »

Who the @#$& knows.

That logic won't suit some posters  :shh
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.