Author Topic: Passionate Dimma says "couldn't care less what people outside our club think!"  (Read 2731 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
I get the feeling Newman wasn't forced out... he probably had a 5 year contract in front of him, personally delivered by a pleading Dimma.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline sdc01

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
maybe he was imagining he was Clarko and Newy was Hodge.....

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
 :lol
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Pls merge with Sack Dimma thread

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Hmmm. Chrissy Newman.

Spoken about in glowing terms by the coach in his end of year speech.

Personally mentioned and thanked by duel All Australian and JD medalist Alex Rance.

Credited with creating a new tradition of pride in the jumper that players call their armour.

One of the few that actually stood up in the final.

Wins the award for biggest whipping boy on OER in season 2015

Go figure.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
Meanwhile on earth

McBean and Lennon still playing twos

To accommodate varying list blockers
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick has declared he "couldn't care less what people outside our club think" and he won't be driven by proving outsiders wrong in 2016.

HAHAHAHA

Following the Tigers' third straight elimination final defeat, Hardwick conceded the club would come under pressure to notch a breakthrough finals win next season.

Conceeded? HAHAHAHAHAHA

In a passionate best and fairest speech on Tuesday night, he said the Tigers should be inspired by retiring former captain Chris Newman in their pursuit of success, telling his players they must grab their opportunity, because "one day it won’t be there".

Wow.He's like Vince Lombardi.

"We won’t be driven by proving outsiders wrong … to be totally honest I couldn’t care less what people outside our club think," Hardwick said at the Jack Dyer Medal count.
"The rest of the football world wants to point the finger at us and tell us we aren’t up to it.
"I ask you, would Chris Newman curl up in a corner and feel sorry for himself and say it’s all too hard? Not on your life. And there is no way this club will.

"As our song says, we will fight and fight and win. I’m up for the fight, the players are up for the fight … as is the whole club."

Can someone please get me a bucket so I can spew up all that narcissism

Hardwick said he drew inspiration from Australian golfer Jason Day, who "finished top 10 in a major championship nine times before he won a major".
"These are lessons in persistence and putting yourself in a position to contend," he said.
"We must continue to do exactly that as a club. That in itself takes an enormous amount of work."
"Hard work and commitment are the only answers."

Well, I feel confident now.

Out of contract at the end of next season, he told the players "the past matters zero" and they needed to take every opportunity to make themselves better players.
"You must grab the opportunity because as Chris Newman will tell you, one day it won’t be there," he said.

LMATFO @ Newman the Martyr.
Hardwick is a loser.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-06/passionate-hardwick-couldnt-care-less-about-external-pressures
[/quote]
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
He sounds like Danny Frawley, when he was stranded on the island, Loser.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
And Dimma cares even less what the "expert" keyboard warriors on this site think. You know - all you guys (and girls) who have never coached an elite team or played sport at an elite level.  Just saying'. :rollin

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
And Dimma cares even less what the "expert" keyboard warriors on this site think. You know - all you guys (and girls) who have never coached an elite team or played sport at an elite level.  Just saying'. :rollin

dont you mean Our magnificent fans?

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-10-06/hardwick-uses-newman-as-a-shining-example

:shh

"The rest of the football world wants to point the finger at us and tell us we aren’t up to it.

in his brain, it sounds like he cares a little

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo

Well that "dogged" bloke has....

"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka

Wrong.

He cares even less about winning
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo

Wrong.

He cares even less about winning in September

EFA
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame

I would go so far to say he doesn't care at all

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
In reality it just shows how poor we have been in the past. Our young players have no real hero's within the team to admire and strive to be like. One thing Newy did do was play for the jumper, which he deserves credit for, and I think that was what Dimma was trying to promote.

Talk for yourself. Not sure how many games dogged actually played but me and him forged somewhat of an elite career