Author Topic: Emma Quayle's club guide to the draft: Richmond ... (Age)  (Read 3592 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Emma Quayle's club guide to the draft: Richmond ... (Age)
« on: November 22, 2015, 04:04:08 AM »
RICHMOND

Draft picks: 12, 51, 78

The Tigers will take two picks, three if there is a player there late that they like. They could do with a couple of things: a young key defender to get to work on, and some pace and pizazz around the forward line pushing up into the middle.

Kieran Collins is a full-back who could be there at 12, but there should be a bigger array of smaller types available to choose from.

The Tigers got an up-close look at both Josh Dunkley and Clayton Oliver this year - both boys played some games for their VFL side - but Oliver looks like being long gone, pick 12 has probably ended up being a little too high for Dunkley and they traded their second rounder out.

The Tigers could be expected to bid for Jacob Hopper or Matthew Kennedy, if either one hasn't been called, and might also bid for Eric Hipwood and/or Ben Keays if the Lions' hand hasn't been forced.

Could Wayne Milera be there? There's a slight chance.

Midfielder Harley Balic could appeal, Mitchell Hibber, Riley Bonner or Darcy Tucker too.

Callum Ahee Chee probably only needs to make it past the Gold Coast to be available, and he'd be a perfect fit. He's quick, he creates play, he's brave, he takes marks and he's a good height.

Daniel Rioli hasn't got the same runs on the board but could easily push up that high should Ah Chee be gone, and while Richmond doesn't tend to take risks with their first round picks they would have done a thorough examination of forward Ryan Burton's medical situation given what he put on show before his horrible leg injury late last year.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/clubbyclub-guide-to-the-afl-draft-part-2-20151120-gl43zh.html

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Emma Quayle's club guide to the draft: Richmond ... (Age)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 10:42:16 AM »
Great analysis , so we have a 26yo FB AA in 2014/2015 signed to a long term deal and she recommends we invest our r1 pick in another one , yeah makes sense  ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 11:28:11 AM »
Great analysis , so we have a 26yo FB AA in 2014/2015 signed to a long term deal and she recommends we invest our r1 pick in another one , yeah makes sense  ::)
Rance entertained the thought of walking away from football so just how long do we see him playing for?
Do we have some hidden KPD'S hidden away some where?
Chaplain - can't even shrug off a Nahas tackle,shouldn't even be on our list.
Astbury - should be played instead of Chaplain but dodgy knees & may be gone next year.
Elton -  does Hardwick even know he's on our list?
With out Rance our side is closer to bottom 4 than top 4 and he'll be 30 when his contract is up 2019.
Probably wrong here but I cant recall us taking a KPD in the National draft since Rance  which was 8 years ago.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 12:37:31 PM »

If you seriously think we're all set for backline depth and don't need to invest in any more KPD's, then you really don't know much about our list nor do you understand football.......it's one of our most urgent needs....
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 12:54:51 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 12:55:38 PM »

is rance going to play fb and chb at the same time is he albert  :whistle
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 01:16:15 PM »

If you seriously think we're all set for backline depth and don't need to invest in any more KPD's, then you really don't know much about our list nor do you understand football.......it's one of our most urgent needs....

Agree with you on that. We need to target a KPD

Chaplin, is just on 30,  Astbury? dont think so. Elton? Who knows?

Wouldn't hurt to have another one ASAP
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 04:40:14 PM »
When is it?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 04:43:19 PM »
When is it?

National Draft is Tuesday evening
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 05:31:57 PM »

Agree with you on that. We need to target a KPD

Chaplin, is just on 30,  Astbury? dont think so. Elton? Who knows?

Wouldn't hurt to have another one ASAP
I think it is a similar situation with our tall forwards.Theres Jack then what?  Vickery take him or leave him. Griffiths is lucky to be on the list Mcbean plays more like a flanker than a kpp and imo is not good in the air. and McKenzie a late nd pick what is the record with late nd picks again.
Imo if we have done the medical and it is all good Burton for me. If he is gone then Collins.

Some kpds  who may be there with our second and third picks are Jesse Glass-McCasker, Dylan Smith, there is also a couple who have done real well in state leagues 22yo Marcus Adams from west perth. Then theres another 22yo in Michael Hartley who is probably the best state league kpd going around atm. I would also seriously consider using our last nd pick on 25yo  Lachlan Keefe  knowing he has 12months to run on his suspension. So i think we could get some ready made cover later in the draft if we didnt take Collins.

One big inside mid at 188/92 i would look at is subiacos Sam Menegola he had a fantastic yr in the wafl and i reckon things have finally fallen into place for him.

Burton 12 Tall fwd think gunston. If he goes after pick 15 he will be the steal of the draft for who ever gets him.
Markov 51. super athlete who has a footy brain to go with it. looking for a quick fwd/mid. I actually think he will be well gone by this pick.
one of the kpds i mentioned with 78 Adams, Hartley, Smith. I think one of them will be there, pick 78 will become a pick in the 60s.
Keefe with our last pick. I would give him a chance, i thought he was just emerging as a real player when he stuffed up. The thinking is most sides will play  two ruckmen  and he would be ideal to play on them or someone like Tippett or Ben Brown.

Rookie Menegola another big inside mid and  Darcy Cameron a promising ruckman who is doing most things right and is tracking along quite nicely.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 07:39:05 PM »

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 08:41:51 PM »
HHHAAARRRRGGGHHHHH . Gotta love the head in the sand brigade.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 07:32:48 PM »

Keefe with our last pick. I would give him a chance, i thought he was just emerging as a real player when he stuffed up. The thinking is most sides will play  two ruckmen  and he would be ideal to play on them or someone like Tippett or Ben Brown.

I thought Keefe was going okay too as a KPD but I don't think a resting ruckman should alternate into the backline. Recipe for disaster