Author Topic: Blair's DFA targets...  (Read 16663 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Blair's DFA targets...
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2015, 08:48:46 PM »
Need to keep an eye on delisted rucks and KPPs.

Would be looking at one of either Redden or Cordy for rookie, purely in case Maric goes down...

I have little faith in Astbury, and less in Elton, but at least if Rance or Chaplin go down you know there are tall KPD's in the seconds who are playing defence to come in and have a shot without us playing blokes like Grimes/Batchelor on our opposition's 1st key forward (wait a minute...).
Carlton delisted a kid called Cameron Giles.  Iliked him as a junior. Havent seen much of him at all since. I know hes had his fair share of injuries  anyone know how hes gone at Carlton when not injured.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2015, 09:14:01 PM »
Need to keep an eye on delisted rucks and KPPs.

Would be looking at one of either Redden or Cordy for rookie, purely in case Maric goes down...

I have little faith in Astbury, and less in Elton, but at least if Rance or Chaplin go down you know there are tall KPD's in the seconds who are playing defence to come in and have a shot without us playing blokes like Grimes/Batchelor on our opposition's 1st key forward (wait a minute...).
Carlton delisted a kid called Cameron Giles.  Iliked him as a junior. Havent seen much of him at all since. I know hes had his fair share of injuries  anyone know how hes gone at Carlton when not injured.

Sounds like he was regularly beaten in the VFL throughout 2014 until he fractured his navicular. Sat out most out 2015 before returning for two games late in the VFL season. Got through the first, then was allegedly one of the best in the final game of the year before being delisted. Maybe a bit harsh?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2015, 10:33:44 PM »
yeah, AFTER, kruezer knocked back the offer presented to him.

what ... ?
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2015, 10:40:48 PM »
you have a real problem with rational, logical reasoning, dont you?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2015, 10:42:30 PM »
thatd be the richmond football club sonny  :whistle
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2015, 02:52:14 AM »
It seems we also had a look at Lobbe.

I agree with Stalin's sentiment though. We really need a ruckman and there were a few handy ones up for grabs.

I'm hoping we have a state league player in mind.
His sentiments are spot on.I mean we all understood quite clearly the gist of what he was saying. Kruezer was a f/a hence he would not have cost a pick.
I think WP was right when he said Kruezer is not leaving Carlton for love or money.  He may have been a F/A in name but he was never really a F/a.

We needed to do one of two things in the trade period. Trade out players and attack the trade period heavily bringing in many needs. Or trade into early picks by trading players. 
We did neither the only logical conclusion that anyone can come to is they are mostly happy with the list its structure and its quality. 
Yet regardless of what happens this mob will be defended.

I think it's a bit unfair to say they are completely happy with the list. They did go hard for a couple of players. It didn't work out (which is a totally different on it's own) but I'm not sure they rate the list quite as high as people seem to make out

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2015, 07:08:06 AM »
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/top-10-draft-pick-andrew-moore-cut-by-port-adelaide-next-stop-richmond/story-fnia6ojc-1227580226791?sv=16a7c3177a5fa0aa6c3af82ae7812cfb
Was a very very good junior. Played for Eastern Rangers and showed plenty. I'm not sure why he went off the rails with his football at Port. Probably worth a punt. Maybe if he took Dea's position on the list it would be a reasonable move. Could fill the Jackson/Tuck void with Townsend if he can recapture his form.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2015, 06:23:08 PM »
Keiran Harper delisted.....worth a crack I reckon....

Danny Stanley just delisted by Gold Coast.....remember him playing well against us back in 2011 but that's about all...

Majak Daw also cut.....basically still a raw gimmicky hack but he did jump all over Maric in Round 23......of course there's the small matter of his pending trial for underage rape.....despite all that, apparently North still intend to rookie him again....

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2015, 06:27:11 PM »
yes

no

yes

tony_montana

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2015, 06:42:16 PM »
we were keen on Harper a few yrs back..

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2015, 06:47:23 PM »
has harper starved of opportunities because of a plethora of quality players of his type, or because he simply isnt good enough?

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2015, 06:49:43 PM »
Harper would definitely have a look at  but has he still got ankle problems?
Also noticed Daniel Gorringe was delisted aswell .
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2015, 06:50:19 PM »
has harper starved of opportunities because of a plethora of quality players of his type, or because he simply isnt good enough?
Ankle dramas.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2015, 06:53:06 PM »
like hampson?