Author Topic: Steve Greene: Will he make Hawthorn pay?  (Read 2482 times)

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Steve Greene: Will he make Hawthorn pay?
« on: October 13, 2005, 04:58:43 PM »
This guy got delisted by Hawthorn, and i have no idea why.

He played 3 games this season, 2 of those games he got OVER 20 possessions in, and he was dropped both times after those games.

He is only 22 (23 in Jan), a good running midfielder who mightn't be the best kick, but there is a lot worse going around then him!

There is an article in The Age about him, and it said in it that he was told Mid-Season he would be delisted, this was about the time he had two 20+ possession games out of the 3 he played all season.

Can someone tell me a little bit more about him?

Not saying we should draft him, im just hoping he makes Hawthorn (Clarkson) pay for their (His) over, over zealous youth policy!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Steve Greene: Will he make Hawthorn pay?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 10:45:39 PM »
Greene's been on Hawthorn's list since 2001 yet he still weighs only 77kg. I'd reckon that lack of body mass and strength is the main reason along with the Hawks having a number of similar types to him already like Clarke and Ries. Greene was the one out of contract so he got chop. If he could stack on another 5kg of muscle and push up into the midfield then he may come back to bite the Hawks if picked up by another club but like Fiora at Richmond he doesn't seem to be able to.

Won Box Hill's B&F this year so someone might give him another chance in the PSD. Some Hawk fans have said he has a good footy brain and a good attitude but his lack of size, pace and a penetrating kick meant he was always going to get the axe under Clarkson who never gave him a real go.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: Steve Greene: Will he make Hawthorn pay?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 11:43:03 AM »
Don't rate Greene to highly