Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 238620 times)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #1245 on: February 08, 2024, 07:43:34 PM »
Not a bad idea to play him in bursts , if he performs play him in the position if not back to the backs ,  I hope it doesn’t effect his form .

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1246 on: February 09, 2024, 10:13:38 PM »
He’s the only player who isn’t a pure mid I think could have the same poise and break stalemates in the middle  Shane edwards did. I wouldn’t be against him floating through there but I see him more useful off half back in a similar way they keep Naicos down back.

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1247 on: February 09, 2024, 11:51:19 PM »
Daniel is a weapon who can go into the middle & win clearances.  Then he can hit forward targets after winning those clearances.  He can play defensively when he needs to & use his speed, poise & agility in traffic like few others can. 

The thing is though ... he can't be & shouldn't be a permanent option in the middle.  He is a great wild card to throw in when we need something special, but it has to be a surprise move & not a standard tactic.  Don't blunt a weapon by over using it ...     
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1248 on: February 10, 2024, 07:11:43 PM »
RIOLI’S ROLE REDUX​

A number of Tigers were missing from Punt Road on Saturday, as 10 players went on to Darwin instead of Melbourne after this week’s camp in Mildura.

Daniel Rioli was one of those players, soaking in the chance to spent some time back in the Northern Territory.

He clarified that he still expects to play most of 2024 as a running defender, after revealing to this masthead recently that new coach Adem Yze has floated the idea of midfield minutes for the speedster.

“I obviously moved into the backline halfway through the 2021 season and found my position there and played a bit more consistently through there, I think that will be my spot this year,” Rioli said.

“I am just excited to play under Adem Yze, obviously a new coach to us and coming from the Demons he has had a good game plan that we have introduced to us and into our game plan.”

Source: HeraldSun

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1249 on: February 15, 2024, 07:08:28 PM »
Play him on the wing its still an outlet running role breaking lines fwd of centre will make him so much more dangerous. Give the hb flanks to Tresise Banks Brown even Smith if he shows enough. These kids need games and we need to get games into them.
If they keep him back i hope they then at least play the mentioned kids on the wings.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1250 on: April 01, 2024, 04:39:22 AM »
Daniel has 12 intercepts yesterday.

27 disposals (18k, 9h, 8c, 15u, 88.9% eff.)
4 marks
4 tackles
1 inside 50
12 intercepts
395m gained
4 score involvements
85% time on ground

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1251 on: April 01, 2024, 04:42:17 AM »
That chase down bump/tackle in the 4th which almost certainly saved a goal was epic

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1252 on: April 01, 2024, 06:47:32 AM »
That chase down bump/tackle in the 4th which almost certainly saved a goal was epic
Like a whirling dervish

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1253 on: April 01, 2024, 08:17:08 AM »
A star.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1254 on: April 01, 2024, 09:43:06 AM »
The Rioli to Rioli moment in the last was sickkkkk

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1255 on: April 01, 2024, 02:38:45 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1256 on: April 19, 2024, 08:43:10 PM »
From Mitch Cleary.

Daniel Rioli (Richmond)

“I wouldn't rule it out (a move to Gold Coast).

“He obviously caught up with ‘Dimma’ (Damien Hardwick) while he was up there (on the Gold Coast). But there was no meeting of the or no touring of the facility.

“It's the sort of play that Gold Coast are going to go after. They've got two first-round picks this year, and they don't really need them. They've got all the young talent they need now.

“Those picks I expect would be on the table for the Gold Coast. They need a half back, it would really fit the bill and he has the relationship (with Hardwick).

“I wouldn't rule that one out.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/04/18/mitch-clearys-trade-and-free-agency-update-on-smith-holmes-rioli-and-more/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1257 on: April 19, 2024, 08:44:23 PM »
A report claimed the under-contract star met up with former Richmond coach Damien Hardwick (who is now the boss of Gold Coast) and also toured the Suns’ headquarters.

Hardwick has since confirmed he met with Rioli but said Rioli definitely did not “tour” the club’s facilities.

He said the star Tiger was simply having a mini holiday up north and they caught up for a drink because they are close and it was Rioli’s birthday.

“I’ve known Dan for 10 years. He lived with me for two or three, so it would be weird if I didn’t catch up with him when he was up here on holidays,” Hardwick said.

“So yeah we caught up and had a beer together. It was his birthday.”

Source: 7news.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1258 on: April 20, 2024, 10:43:50 PM »
Draft picks

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1259 on: April 21, 2024, 12:01:58 AM »
Has become my favourite player
But if he got us a first somehow , sign me up