Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 290221 times)

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #1365 on: August 22, 2024, 01:08:03 PM »
Taranto and Hopper very much knew our window was small. I think they could have been filthy at Dimma for leaving half way through their first year in their first year, more so then filthy that we are now bottom and rebuilding. 7 year contract they would have been highly naive in thinking we would be competing for the flag each one of those 7 years after having 4 years of Prelim and Grand Finals plus 3 years of finals before that.

Players don't just go for premierships and success their contracts are very well paid and they get to leave GWS and play on the MCG every 2nd week. The wheel will turn and Taranto will be playing in front of 60k every fortnight again. Hopper will too if he gets his body right and improves.
Go Tigers!

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1366 on: August 22, 2024, 08:10:20 PM »
Taranto and Hopper very much knew our window was small. I think they could have been filthy at Dimma for leaving half way through their first year in their first year, more so then filthy that we are now bottom and rebuilding. 7 year contract they would have been highly naive in thinking we would be competing for the flag each one of those 7 years after having 4 years of Prelim and Grand Finals plus 3 years of finals before that.

Players don't just go for premierships and success their contracts are very well paid and they get to leave GWS and play on the MCG every 2nd week. The wheel will turn and Taranto will be playing in front of 60k every fortnight again. Hopper will too if he gets his body right and improves.
Agree, at the end of the day they are getting paid to play footy, that is their choice so expect them to do the best they can

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1367 on: August 23, 2024, 10:20:13 PM »
Hearing it will be:

Rochelle, Rochelle to Milan to Minsk to Richmond

Precocious to Crows

Rioli to Suns

+ Swap of picks somewhere

:shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1368 on: August 23, 2024, 10:21:33 PM »
Hearing it will be:

Precocious to Crows

Rioli to Suns

Not interested in the flog. Adelaide can keep him.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1369 on: August 23, 2024, 10:28:57 PM »
Heard the prospect of trolling the gummy mouthed members of the Collingwood cheer squad in front of 80k at 'G has him very excited... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1370 on: August 24, 2024, 12:41:31 PM »
Hearing it will be:

Precocious to Crows

Rioli to Suns

He’d fit right into the Hawks
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1371 on: August 24, 2024, 06:18:56 PM »
Showed today why we need to retain him and why he should be captain imo

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1372 on: August 24, 2024, 06:33:05 PM »
Agree Rioli stays, unless GC want to give up 2 firsts (including Pick 5) we should not and won't consider it in any way.
Go Tigers!

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1373 on: August 24, 2024, 06:35:19 PM »
Was butchering it all day. Don’t get me wrong I really like Daniel but he seems to escape any criticism. I’ll take a top10 pick for a half back flanker every day of the week, especially if it’s as high as the suns one.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1374 on: August 24, 2024, 06:46:32 PM »
Was butchering it all day. Don’t get me wrong I really like Daniel but he seems to escape any criticism. I’ll take a top10 pick for a half back flanker every day of the week, especially if it’s as high as the suns one.

Take out his 2 goals, and I thought he was one of GC best.

:sarcasm2
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1375 on: August 24, 2024, 09:18:59 PM »
With GC winning their first pick is now pick 7.

Was pick 5. I wouldn't trade Rioli for Pick 7. Pick 5 is consider at best.

Think there win today ruined any chance of creating a deal we would even listen to.
Go Tigers!

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1376 on: August 24, 2024, 10:07:49 PM »

Glad I wasn't the only one who saw it...some absolutely shocking turnovers...and what's happened to his defensive game & tackling, used to be a strength but is now a glaring weakness...endemic of the team I guess, but he was one of the standard setters in that regard.....can't doubt his talent but not sure he'll be the great loss many think....combined with all the other potential departures maybe but not in and of itself.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1377 on: August 24, 2024, 10:27:32 PM »
Sell.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1378 on: August 24, 2024, 10:38:11 PM »

Glad I wasn't the only one who saw it...some absolutely shocking turnovers...and what's happened to his defensive game & tackling, used to be a strength but is now a glaring weakness...endemic of the team I guess, but he was one of the standard setters in that regard.....can't doubt his talent but not sure he'll be the great loss many think....combined with all the other potential departures maybe but not in and of itself.... :shh

And that’s just the turnovers. There were plenty that missed the target under no pressure but because the player he was kicking it to had so much space, the kick managed to get to who it was intended. I talked about how much we seem to suck at handballing, Dan is right up there on the culprits list.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1379 on: August 27, 2024, 03:46:13 PM »
Gone....

https://twitter.com/user/status/1828301781253959959

...2 firsts thanks Dimma....:shh

- Thomas Sowell