Author Topic: Nathan Broad [merged]  (Read 92777 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Pick 67 - Nathan Broad
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2015, 08:52:54 PM »
His disposal and decision-making looks decent.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2015, 08:58:47 PM »
They look very good - mostly in the clear though........but if he can replicate that under AFL pressure then he should replace Batchelor....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2015, 03:19:06 AM »

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2015, 11:50:20 AM »
Not gunna bag the kid good luck to him.
I"m just disappointed we did not take the best available imo,  or  address some serious, greater  needs.Both Burton and Collins  were available and people know how much i have gone on about our talls over the years.

I suppose the flip side is we have finally made a heavy investment on a sml fwd.
needed a sml fwd - check
needed speed - check
needed a tall defender - check
need another ruck - hopefully we rookie one
i'd say we have drafted for need....

is he too small to play key defender ?
at around the same size as Batchelor i'd say yes, more a 3rd tall option that can play on sml's too

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2015, 03:25:16 PM »
Broad's interview on 913 Sport FM:

AUDIO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-11-25/draft-2015-broad-on-sportfm-november-25th

* Complete surprise (to be drafted and by Richmond). I had no idea. I was nagging my manager to try and see what he could find out.  But, unfortunately he couldn’t find out, so just had to sit back and hope for the best. It’s still a bit surreal to be honest. It hasn’t quite sunk in fully yet.

* I missed out on being drafted when I was 18 and I’ve been playing in and out of the Swan Districts league squad for the last few years. But credit to Swan Districts for the way they stuck at it for me and the way they develop kids down there.  I just sat down with the club and worked on my deficiencies and what I needed to improve on at the next level. Luckily for me, I managed to string together all games this year at league level, which helps you a lot to make it at the next level.

* I wish I could get over there (Richmond) today. I’ve been out of home since I was 17, so the whole family side of moving out of home and fending for yourself kind of thing doesn’t faze me at all. I just want to get stuck into it now.

* What he brings to Richmond?
   Hopefully some outside run and speed off half-back, maybe a bit of wing. Get over there and meet my teammates first and see what happens from there.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-11-26/broad-blown-away-by-tigers-callup

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2015, 03:35:09 PM »
Not gunna bag the kid good luck to him.
I"m just disappointed we did not take the best available imo,  or  address some serious, greater  needs.Both Burton and Collins  were available and people know how much i have gone on about our talls over the years.

I suppose the flip side is we have finally made a heavy investment on a sml fwd.
needed a sml fwd - check
needed speed - check
needed a tall defender - check
need another ruck - hopefully we rookie one
i'd say we have drafted for need....

is he too small to play key defender ?
at around the same size as Batchelor i'd say yes, more a 3rd tall option that can play on sml's too

Batch is 188cm and this Broad dude is 191cm (if the sources are correct). Not much difference but with the added athleticism he ideally will be a better option to play as a tall defender (3rd tall is still a tall)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2015, 03:57:24 PM »
the quote says "needed a tall defender - check"  and we drafted two midgets, traded for a couple of fringe mids - hence im trying to work out of Broad is indeed this tall defender in question

he might be 4 cm shorter than our current dud but thats not much

“Nathan is 22 and he was outstanding for his WAFL club. He offers an element of speed and could play on a wing. He is similar to Jake Batchelor or Dylan Grimes — he can play tall or small.

“He is a player who if he gets a good chunk of the pre-season under his belt he can play early

“We are really pleased (Astbury) stayed. We had a really solid back six last year and didn’t have one injury.

“He realises how important he is to the future and we expect him to have a really good season. Those positions are up for grabs.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-draft-2015-depth-of-richmond-list-excites-coach-damien-hardwick/news-story/e9534333884e997d5cc11cdbab0aad7c

:pray
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2015, 08:29:31 PM »
Will be interested on his progress throughout the year. Has a strange looking ball drop which under pressure might crumble. Runs well and is developed physically. Lets see what he brings.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2015, 08:50:10 PM »
I actually think he looks very solid kicking on both sides of his body. If he shines in the pre season you would have to think he plays round one.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2015, 08:51:48 PM »
LMFAO at the Coach now saying Batch can play tall, do we need to go through this again........WAITE anyone..... :banghead
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2015, 08:52:47 PM »
jesse white...
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2015, 12:22:50 AM »
LMFAO at the Coach now saying Batch can play tall, do we need to go through this again........WAITE anyone..... :banghead

Rance got beaten by Hogan this year. Gee wiz must mean he can't play tall

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2015, 07:03:26 AM »
I actually think he looks very solid kicking on both sides of his body. If he shines in the pre season you would have to think he plays round one.

In reflection, his ball drop is not as bad as i first thought. Looks to be the perfect wingman who can run all day.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2015, 08:25:48 AM »

Rance got beaten by Hogan this year. Gee wiz must mean he can't play tall

once

and i did not watch that game

so it doesnt count

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2015, 08:44:36 AM »