Author Topic: Adam Marcon [merged]  (Read 17728 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Adam Marcon [merged]
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2016, 07:30:26 PM »
Got his games

Got his goal

Got his win

Got to live his dream

Dud, delist

I say keep

We're an AFL club, not the Make-A-Wish Foundation....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2016, 08:08:13 PM »
Got his games

Got his goal

Got his win

Got to live his dream

Dud, delist

I say keep

We're an AFL club, not the Make-A-Wish Foundation....

Oh yes we are. That's how we have operated for 30 years... :snidegrin
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2016, 05:31:22 PM »
Improved on last week but that was never going to be difficult  because last week he was so far off AFL standard it was embarrassing at times

Nah, WAT already disproved Dio's theory of last week being a VFL level game at best

FooffooValve

« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2016, 10:26:40 PM »
Seen Marcon at all different levels of footy
PEGS / Keilor./Cannons / Williamstown through to now
Kid can play

I agree he can play, but were you watching the right bloke? Adam played for Preston/Knights/Northern Bullants-Blues/then Willy.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2016, 10:49:19 PM »
Kid can play

I agree he can play, but were you watching the right bloke? Adam played for Preston/Knights/Northern Bullants-Blues/then Willy.
Not sure how Jack saw him play at PEGs when he was a PE teacher there. :lol
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 11:42:37 PM by YellowandBlackBlood »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2016, 10:56:28 PM »
Trollstar caught out bullshyting again.... :clapping
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2016, 07:56:39 AM »
Kid can play

You are correct
Wrong Adam

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2016, 07:58:19 AM »

No
I made a mistake
Was thinking of another kid who played at Keilor and was from
PEGs
Oh and you don't make mistakes as you are an OER expert
Am very sorry there genius

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2016, 11:27:39 AM »
“I’ve been put through a number of different roles in the VFL . . . I’ve played inside mid and now on the wing, and also a bit of half-forward,” Marcon said.

“I guess these days you have to have that little bit of versatility.  And, luckily enough, (Richmond VFL coach) Craig McRae and (Richmond development coach) Andrew McQualter have done really well to make me a more versatile player.”

Marcon’s aim for the rest of season 2016 is straightforward, but totally in keeping with his dedicated approach to the game.

“Hopefully, just keep improving.  Train well this week, hopefully, put my hand up again for the next game and, hopefully, play a little bit better than today.  And that process continues.  I’m just trying to get better each day,” he said.

Read more at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-08-08/marcon-loves-that-winning-feeling

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Adam Marcon celebrates first AFL victory at Richmond, will receive hero’s welcome at PEGS

Riley Beveridge
Foxsports
8 August 2016

IT’S not often you’ll find too many happy faces at a high school on a Monday morning.

But it will be a different scenario at Penleigh and Essendon Grammar this week, following Richmond’s upset victory over Collingwood at the MCG.

Tigers midfielder Adam Marcon, who teaches one day a week at the school, played in his first senior win on Friday night and was clearly delighted in the rooms after the game.

“It feels absolutely amazing,” Marcon told foxfooty.com.au.

“It’s crazy, the difference between a win and a loss. It’s the best sport in the world when you win. I don’t think I’ve ever felt anything like this.

“There might be a few messages and stuff like that from the boys out at PEGS. They’ll be nice and happy, especially if they’re Richmond supporters.”

Marcon, 24, was drafted as a mature-aged rookie last year. He was teaching physical education at the school when he was told the news he’d be heading to the AFL.

On Wednesday, he will return to PEGS, where he is likely to receive a hero’s welcome.

The former Northern Blues and Williamstown midfielder finished Friday night’s victory with 22 disposals and a goal, booting his first ever major late in the opening term.

“It was crazy,” Marcon beamed. “Luckily enough, I was in the goal square and I didn’t have to think too much. Hopefully there’s a few more of them to come.”

Marcon averaged 23 disposals and eight tackles per game in the VFL last season to finally earn his spot on a senior AFL list.

However, he revealed he’d had doubts about whether his dream would come true and said he never thought he’d be playing in a winning side on a Friday night at the MCG.

“I always hoped and dreamt, but at times it seemed a little bit too far away,” Marcon said.

“It’s nice to have finally got the first win on the board.”

Richmond’s 14-point victory followed a week where the entire club faced scrutiny, from the board, to the coach, to the list.

Marcon said the team used the criticism as motivation to inspire their eighth win of the year.

“We knew there was a lot of external noise, but internally we were really confident,” he said.

“We’re a very proud football club, so we knew if we came out and played our best footy we’d get a result. It was massive and very important for us tonight.

“We were just about focusing on the task at hand and focusing on Collingwood and what we could control. We didn’t worry too much about that stuff.

“To an extent, we used it as a motivating force, but we just got on with the business.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/adam-marcon-celebrates-first-afl-victory-at-richmond-will-receive-heros-welcome-at-pegs/news-story/21b80ca3ef324f1a949129e1645a55f7

Offline Styx

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2016, 04:37:53 PM »

No
I made a mistake
Was thinking of another kid who played at Keilor and was from
PEGs
Oh and you don't make mistakes as you are an OER expert
Am very sorry there genius

lol at wanting to keep Marcon because you thought he was some other guy named Adam