Author Topic: International Politics  (Read 65397 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: International Politics
« Reply #240 on: June 07, 2020, 09:13:59 AM »
Who do reckon all the black business owners, black employees and blacks who rely on those businesses are going to hate more after this? Trump who tried to stop the looters or the Dems & leftists who allowed it, encouraged & cheered it on, even took part in it and undermined his efforts at every turn? :shh

Did you hear his disgraceful comments today?

The "George Floyd would be looking down hopefully thinking this is a great thing?" comments?

He was talking about  employment numbers if you didn't know

Was he??? Just talking about unemployment numbers was he? Nothing else the other day?

#fake news just editing things to suit an agenda and you are falling for it WP

I eagerly await your response. Here is the remark that I saw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nnk0hCgmamQ
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #241 on: June 07, 2020, 03:16:44 PM »

The Orange Man won the African American vote in 2016, can't see it happening this time

He only got 8% of the black vote in 2016:

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37922587

:shh

"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #242 on: June 07, 2020, 07:56:20 PM »
Just saw the footage of the Trump press conference - his comments about George Floyd weren't said in relation to the employment figures at all.....someone needs to stop exclusively watching the ALPBC & and only reading "woke" agitprop pamphlets like the NYTpicker &the Red Guard-ian methinks...... :shh
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 08:13:46 PM by Diocletian »

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #243 on: June 07, 2020, 09:56:11 PM »
Just saw the footage of the Trump press conference - his comments about George Floyd weren't said in relation to the employment figures at all.....someone needs to stop exclusively watching the ALPBC & and only reading "woke" agitprop pamphlets like the NYTpicker &the Red Guard-ian methinks......and the pathetic abc :shh

efa

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/donald-trump-says-strong-new-jobs-data-marks-a-great-day-for-george-floyd

thought wp was better than the fake news, but clearly we have more work to do there.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #244 on: June 08, 2020, 10:19:31 AM »
Just saw the footage of the Trump press conference - his comments about George Floyd weren't said in relation to the employment figures at all.....someone needs to stop exclusively watching the ALPBC & and only reading "woke" agitprop pamphlets like the NYTpicker &the Red Guard-ian methinks......and the pathetic abc :shh

efa

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/donald-trump-says-strong-new-jobs-data-marks-a-great-day-for-george-floyd

thought wp was better than the fake news, but clearly we have more work to do there.

Forgive me Frankie, that wasn't at home at all yesterday as we were cleaning out my late father in law house. So this forum wasn't a priority for me and it won't be today either. It is a crap time for my family right at the minute on so many fronts

So you want to whack or subtly bait me for not replying earlier go ahead

I actually took the news report from what I watched on line from a European news service. Clearly they were wrong

Fake news?   The only fake in the USA is the Orange Man and his family filled administration

But..... what ever the reason dragging the name of a bloke who was murdered less than a week earlier into any announcement and saying it is "a great day" is disgusting. You don't think so, well fine. But the bloke is dead so I doubt very much his family think it was a great day... but whatever

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #245 on: June 08, 2020, 12:12:59 PM »

:shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #246 on: June 08, 2020, 04:39:13 PM »

efa

Forgive me Frankie, that wasn't at home at all yesterday as we were cleaning out my late father in law house. So this forum wasn't a priority for me and it won't be today either. It is a crap time for my family right at the minute on so many fronts

So you want to whack or subtly bait me for not replying earlier go ahead

I actually took the news report from what I watched on line from a European news service. Clearly they were wrong

Fake news?   The only fake in the USA is the Orange Man and his family filled administration

But..... what ever the reason dragging the name of a bloke who was murdered less than a week earlier into any announcement and saying it is "a great day" is disgusting. You don't think so, well fine. But the bloke is dead so I doubt very much his family think it was a great day... but whatever

thank you for highlighting the fake news. You have been found to be spreading fake news yourself on this occasion which makes you just as bad as them. It wasnt really that hard to actually listen to the audio. :banghead

nice racist remark too. You are sounding very hypocritical if you call someone racist, yet do it yourself.

I guess different rules......i will sure highlight that remark when it comes up again with goodes or someone.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #247 on: June 08, 2020, 05:30:33 PM »
Thoughts on Ardern banning fiction books?

If anyone can defend that I’ll be astounded

The most overrated politician of the modern era

New Zealand has just announced the lifting of all domestic restrictions. Anybody still think the NZ PM is overrated?

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #248 on: June 08, 2020, 07:03:24 PM »
Thoughts on Ardern banning fiction books?

If anyone can defend that I’ll be astounded

The most overrated politician of the modern era

New Zealand has just announced the lifting of all domestic restrictions. Anybody still think the NZ PM is overrated?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #249 on: June 08, 2020, 07:05:57 PM »
thank you for highlighting the fake news. You have been found to be spreading fake news yourself on this occasion which makes you just as bad as them. It wasnt really that hard to actually listen to the audio. :banghead
Trump's quote wasn't fake  ::).

“Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying this a great thing that’s happening for our country,” he said. “There’s a great day for him. It’s a great day for everybody. It’s a great day for everybody. There’s a great, great day in terms of equality.”

Yeah, I'm sure George thinks it's great he was murdered, his wife no longer has a husband and his young daughter will have to now grow up without a father  ::).

nice racist remark too. You are sounding very hypocritical if you call someone racist, yet do it yourself.

I guess different rules......i will sure highlight that remark when it comes up again with goodes or someone.
Calling someone with a fake tan "orange" is racist now is it? :lol

And then trying to compare it to Adam Goodes who naturally has dark skin :rollin.

Talk about being desperate to defend that indefensible comment by Trump no matter what the context  :thumbsdown.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #250 on: June 08, 2020, 07:55:53 PM »
No-one was arguing he didn't say the words...the point was WP claimed he said it in relation to the economy, which he never did......

What Trump actually said:

“Equal justice under the law must mean that every American receives equal treatment in every encounter with law enforcement, regardless of race, color, gender, or creed. They have to receive fair treatment from law enforcement. They have to receive it. We all saw what happened last week. We can’t let that happen. Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying, “This is a great thing that’s happening for our country.” This is a great day for him. It’s a great day for everybody. This is a great day for everybody. This is a great, great day in terms of equality. It’s really what our Constitution requires and it’s what our country is all about.”

https://factcheck.thedispatch.com/p/did-trump-say-he-hoped-george-floyd

Thanks for playing....:shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #251 on: June 08, 2020, 08:32:24 PM »
No-one was arguing he didn't say the words...the point was WP claimed he said it in relation to the economy, which he never did......

What Trump actually said:

“Equal justice under the law must mean that every American receives equal treatment in every encounter with law enforcement, regardless of race, color, gender, or creed. They have to receive fair treatment from law enforcement. They have to receive it. We all saw what happened last week. We can’t let that happen. Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying, “This is a great thing that’s happening for our country.” This is a great day for him. It’s a great day for everybody. This is a great day for everybody. This is a great, great day in terms of equality. It’s really what our Constitution requires and it’s what our country is all about.”

https://factcheck.thedispatch.com/p/did-trump-say-he-hoped-george-floyd

Thanks for playing....:shh

LOL. Crying "fake news" was a 'gotcha' tactic to deflect from Trump's comments specifically about George Floyd. Who cares what the context was. Yeah, it's a great day that George Floyd was a victim of a murder from law enforcement authorities that are meant to protect not kill and his family including his young daughter are left to pick up the pieces. Yeah, it's great, Donald ::). What an fricking idiot!

But Trump fanbois can never say he is wrong about anything :shh.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #252 on: June 08, 2020, 10:06:11 PM »
Oh dear...comprehension not really your strong suit is it?   :shh

..and yes what's a little lying about the context between comrades? Pravda would be proud... :shh :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #253 on: June 08, 2020, 11:17:41 PM »
https://youtu.be/JtPfoEvNJ74

Very intelligent bright young woman. Excellent points.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #254 on: June 09, 2020, 07:13:53 AM »
Very interesting opinion piece by former Defence Minister Christoper Pyne in yesterday's HUN (a former ScoMo minister)

Can't post a link because I read it in the hardcopy paper and I haven't got time to look for it

But it is balanced, reasoned, honest and sums up what the issues are with President Trump.

Then you have one of the most respected figures in the USA, a staunch republican, former Sec of State in Colon Powell also going whack.... They can't all be wrong and spreading fake news can they?

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)