Author Topic: Mel McLaughlin offers on air to buy fellow host a drink  (Read 3686 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Mel McLaughlin offers on air to buy fellow host a drink
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 09:42:51 PM »
For all you Gayle-hating, feminist-loving, weak-as-pee, politically correct, lemming apologists - go suck on the biggest hypocrisy-pole you can find.  And I won't even start on my opinions of 2 prize f*^%wits - Wilkinson and Stefanovic (formed well before this latest true-to-nature, holier-than-thou display):

Chris Isaak hit on Lisa Wilkinson on the Today show during his 2008 interview. She asked him what he loved about Australia, he replied "your complexion and your eyes", he was directly speaking to Lisa. What happens next is shockingly UNPROFESSIONAL by the entire Today show cast. Karl immediately jumps up to allow Chris to move closer to Lisa. In fact, Lisa, who is a married woman, ends up sitting on Chris's lap. Chris says "I think we can go to break right now". Richard comments "He gets the ladies the old fashioned way, he grabs them on national television." Lisa wants mints, Chris snuggles into Lisa, Karl makes reference to Chris being in a candy store, AND, the studio play Marvin Gaye's "Lets get it on".

Any comments from the media? No. If anything, it was ENCOURAGED by Lisa's male counterparts while it was aired live on national television.

Chris Gayle comments to Mel McLaughlin about her eyes as well. The media label it offensive, unprofessional, grossly inappropriate, he was fined and is threatened to be banned from playing cricket. Where was the story regarding Chris Isaak picking up a married woman on National TV?

Updated comment:

Interestingly enough, Lisa's husband, journalist Peter FitzSimons also wrote an article on Chris Gayle's actions. He stated "we simply don't have the tiniest conception of what it's like to put up with constant sexual innuendo in the course of our professional life. It is belittling rubbish, and women have had to put up with it for way too long. Talk to your wife or daughter on it. Ask them. They get it."

Very very hypocritical.

From a FB post so I won't post the link but here is the link to the vision included in that post:

https://www.facebook.com/pauline.lampton/videos/10205318688227332/ and the link to the base of the updated comment:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/the-fitz-files/supporting-chris-gayles-actions-is-turning-your-back-on-respect-for-women-20160108-gm1sfm.html

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 09:48:32 PM »
Why does Feminism rile you up so much smokey? Some sloppy example of neo sexism under the guise of an entertainment program got you all bent out of joint.

I honestly have no idea why blokes get so angry and upset when simple points of sexism get pointed out. I thought the Gayle thing was blown out of proportion, but it stank nonetheless. What do I give a poo if women want to make some noise? Doesn't affect me in the slightest, nor does is 99% of the population.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 10:15:46 PM »
Feminism in it's raw, angry, blindly hypocritical form does, and it just so happens that one of the single biggest group of hypocrits in this world are feminists and their media apologists.  Simple points of sexism get pointed out?  Only sexist one-way - male to female, despite the huge number of examples that it's a 2-way street.  If the Gayle thing "stank" then what is your opinion of the Wilkinson "thing"?  I give a poo because these same "women" (and I use that term loosely and derogatory to the pieces of crap who hide behind the vast umbrella of good and real women) lay claim to a significantly disproportionate amount of media time and air to peddle their violent and vicious single gender views of the future of mankind.  You can bend over and say you don't care and it doesn't affect you but I don't and won't - I want my grandchildren to live their lives in a world where men and women are recognized, loved and respected for their differences, not hate each other because they fall short of being decent human beings.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 10:23:24 PM »
you are a smart man Smokey and possibly one of the best posts you will ever read on this site.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2016, 10:25:42 PM »
Why does Feminism rile you up so much smokey? Some sloppy example of neo sexism under the guise of an entertainment program got you all bent out of joint.

I honestly have no idea why blokes get so angry and upset when simple points of sexism get pointed out. I thought the Gayle thing was blown out of proportion, but it stank nonetheless. What do I give a poo if women want to make some noise? Doesn't affect me in the slightest, nor does is 99% of the population.

It all about the bigger picture me lad

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus