Author Topic: Richmond about to re-sign Hardwick for two more years: Caro (Age)  (Read 5833 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond about to re-sign Hardwick for two more years: Caro (Age)
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2016, 11:08:28 PM »
Yeah and stiil not being able to win a final has been totally awesome! :gotigers

Didn't realise our Elimination final winning window had shut . My bad. Roll out the tank.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2016, 11:19:49 PM »
Yeah because trying to get a better coach would be "rolling out the tank".... nah better just keep celebrating improved percentage, beating Hawthorn in July and crossing our fingers hoping for perpetual natural improvement while all other clubs stand still or go backwards and one day we might achieve your ultimate goal of winning an Elimination Final.

As long as we stay in that bottom half of the top 8 window we're laughin'....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2016, 12:52:04 AM »
Yeah and stiil not being able to win a final has been totally awesome! :gotigers

Didn't realise our Elimination final winning window had shut . My bad. Roll out the tank.

It doesn't have to shut.
They can't get through it either way
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2016, 01:22:39 AM »
They make money without having success.
That's success to them.
Hardwick is a total failure in regards to the big picture.
His role as chief motivator and coach has been diversionary.
Is he getting a gold watch for his long service leave bonus, in 2030?
Actually yr seven he has achieved long service leave. Just a shame the club has achieved nothing during the process.
I am laughing my arse off you could see this coming from so far back.

I actually think the club and a lot of the supporters are afraid of success.The reasons for that should be obvious.

"Achieved Nothing" - really Claw . Is that what you really truly believe ?

http://finalsiren.com/AFLLadder.asp?AFLLadderTypeID=1&SeasonID=2009&Round=22-1

Inherited a train wreck.
What train wreck he inhereted a 16th placed side that included Rance, Riewoldt, Vickery,, Deledio, Cotchin and Edwards. Without these players your looking at a bottom third finish at best this yr .Added to this  Martin griffiths and astbury were recruited in 09 and would have been targeted well before Hardwick was appointed  in october/november.?. He could hardly take credit  or blame for any of them .

Lets face it when he took over the only  way we could go was up.We have basically stagnated since the end of 2012.

Off field the club has done well providing stability, resources in recruiting, list management, coaching   and facilities that Wallace could only dream of.
On field we have achieved exactly what given the above. We have made the 8 a feat many ordinary sides regularly achieve. We have been a middling side and the real trouble is we have not looked capable of becoming a genuine top 4 side there is still a heavy reliance on the wallace players with just a couple in the same league having come in the Hardwick yrs.

As a blind man can see there is still a heavy reliance of many of the juniors stepping up and becoming high quality afl players the trouble with that is there are no guarantees of that happening.
In fact development of juniors outside of first rounders remains ordinary.

Look your entitled to your view but as far as im concerned we have not achieved a thing on field we cant even beat ordinary sides in finals.If your content with being a middling side thats fine but imo atm that is all we are. 7th 8TH -12TH It is all middling and means absolutely nothing.

Even with the above advantages  Hardwick first 5 yrs had managed on average  just 10 wins a season compared to Wallaces 5yrs of  8 wins a season.And they both started from the same place 16th or last.Under both coaches our teams have been flat track bullies but failing when the big boys actually come out and play.We looked nothing like a top side under Wallace and to me the same applies under Hardwick.

Gigantor

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2016, 03:29:17 AM »
Irrespective whether we sign Dimma up for another 2 years or not,this year is his crunch year.We balls it up this year and the groundswell from the supporters and the media would be too great to ignore.Thats why I think even a new contract now will have get out of jail clauses in it for the club I would assume

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2016, 04:34:04 AM »
The club had already indicated they expected Hardwick to be-resigned in the new year and before the start of the season. Hardwick said he was untroubled by the timing of a new contract. 

"To be perfectly frank it is not something I really worry about. At the end of the day my thoughts and processes are with the preparation of this side and [the contract] is not going to change how hard I work. My thoughts are with the players and getting them prepared for the challenges ahead," he said.

"For mine it is something that will play out - I am not too worried about it."

Source: The Age

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2016, 05:03:36 AM »
Big mistake for me what is the rush ???.Have to make finals and win a final atleast the passmark otherwise bye bye Dimma simple as that,the list is good enough no more exuses the board need to stand tall.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2016, 06:47:22 AM »
They make money without having success.
That's success to them.
Hardwick is a total failure in regards to the big picture.
His role as chief motivator and coach has been diversionary.
Is he getting a gold watch for his long service leave bonus, in 2030?
Actually yr seven he has achieved long service leave. Just a shame the club has achieved nothing during the process.
I am laughing my arse off you could see this coming from so far back.

I actually think the club and a lot of the supporters are afraid of success.The reasons for that should be obvious.

Well we have seen Rance develop into the best KPD in the league, did you see that coming as well?
Lol not sure what that has to do with this thread other than to take a cheap shot, which when we are honest about things  is about all you do. You dont want an answer to the question so i wont answer it. No wonder there are complaints about your posting on here.

Is he the best KPD in the comp though.? ;)

Surely you have some new material by now.You have dragged the Rance one up for how long?   4 5 yrs or  more,  talk about obsession?  You need to learn to let go son i know the truth hurts sometimes, and i can see you don't deal with reality too well.  But mate for your own good  you just need to learn how to deal with it.

Cmon now son  surely you have some new percieved slight you would like  to hurl at me? anything new anything different will do, i promise you i can deal with it.  I am worried about you chucky  it seems your  getting more and more obsessed by the day, Harping on and  feverishly hanging onto the one thing  is not good for you. I know its the only thing you have but obsessing like this  is not good for ya.   :o

Thanks for the feedback

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2016, 07:33:46 AM »

It doesn't have to shut.
They can't get through it either way

If Richmond was a person in a house fire and the window was wide open, they'd still wouldnt get through it.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2016, 12:18:07 PM »
For me it's pretty simple-

We have a good year and Dimma gets another contract.
We have a poor year and it's out of Dimma control due to a heap of injuries, we assess it and make a decision on another contract.
And lastely we have a poor year and we make a decision that Dimma has had long enough and no contract is offered.

Whichever it is out of the 3 above, the decision should be made at the end of the year. Absolutely no reason in the world to make that decision now. Not one!

IMO Dimma has done a reasonable job but I think we have repaid him as much as he has done well for the RFC. 2016 is where only results can matter. Either get the job done Dimma or it's thanks but no thanks.

There are many aspiring coaches out there, if we need to find one at years end, the RFC just have to have the balls and the brains to find a good one.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2016, 12:38:21 PM »

We have a poor year and it's out of Dimma control due to a heap of injuries, we assess it and make a decision on another contract.
And lastely we have a poor year and we make a decision that Dimma has had long enough and no contract is offered.

Whichever it is out of the 3 above, the decision should be made at the end of the year. Absolutely no reason in the world to make that decision now. Not one!

IMO Dimma has done a reasonable job but I think we have repaid him as much as he has done well for the RFC. 2016 is where only results can matter. Either get the job done Dimma or it's thanks but no thanks.

There are many aspiring coaches out there, if we need to find one at years end, the RFC just have to have the balls and the brains to find a good one.

:clapping

Great post
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2016, 01:22:21 PM »

Agree with the post but who are the "many aspiring coaches out there"? More to the point, IMO this team is ready for the big one, what aspiring coach could take them there? Surely we would rather have a Clarkson or Lyon type, more so than an aspiring coach who will take time to find his feet and implement multiple game plans?
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"