Author Topic: NAB 1: Richmond vs Freo  (Read 21180 times)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: NAB 1: Richmond vs Freo
« Reply #165 on: February 19, 2016, 09:55:47 PM »
Someone has to pay for this disgrace

#bumpthesackhardwickthreadffs
d

Tear the memberships up :banghead

Can't I melted the stuff out of it in the microwave

#melbournehavegonepastus

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #166 on: February 19, 2016, 09:57:30 PM »
Someone has to pay for this disgrace

#bumpthesackhardwickthreadffs
d

Tear the memberships up :banghead

Can't I melted the stuff out of it in the microwave

#melbournehavegonepastus

:lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #167 on: February 19, 2016, 09:58:15 PM »
The thing I noticed the most on the night was the size difference. They have got bigger while we have got much thinner and leaner.

???

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #168 on: February 19, 2016, 10:00:39 PM »
Bloody AIDS :banghead
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #169 on: February 19, 2016, 10:01:59 PM »
I'm as mad as hell. 

I don't like it and I have the right to say it  >:(
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #170 on: February 19, 2016, 10:06:44 PM »
I think the inside 50 stat is an interesting one, understand it was pretty much a second string side but our entries into the 50 were haphazard at best which gave the forwards no chance and reminded me of games in the past where we easily won the stat but still lost the game. Alternatively Freo seemed to find a player on their own or two foot taller than our defender which didn't help the situation. They also seemed to find targets with their rushed kicks and we didn't so call it bad luck on our part.

Overall for a first hit out by our VFL side plus a couple of experienced players and losing by 10 goals to a pretty much full strength Freo side the result was to be expected. Promising debuts from a handful of the young blokes who will only improve from the experience. Although both didn't do too much today I still like the look of Butler and also Short and feel they could play some role inside 50 at stages during the season. Lloyd whilst he tries I still don't think he is at the level to be effective against the best defenders but might have the odd good game, cant see him filling that long term 30+ small forward role we desperately need but time will tell.

C Ellis again looked pretty silky and like a good wine will definitely improve, Rioli is a longer term prospect and anyone expecting more this season is going to be disappointed, i don't see him impacting at AFL level for at least a couple of seasons but that's fine as far as I am concerned. Have to mention Chol, his natural leap is amazing and once he gets more confident in his ability and puts on a few extra KGs i think he could actually make it which will be exciting to watch.

Looking forward to seeing our experienced side next week with maybe a small injection of the the younger talent on display today.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2016, 10:45:16 PM »
Dan Richardson said there were some positive signs for the inexperienced Tigers against a powerful Fremantle outfit.

“It was a great opportunity to give our younger players a taste at the level,” he said.

“Jacob Townsend showed he can bring that inside toughness and, tackling pressure in the midfield. He will get better with more experience around him.

“Mabior Chol showed a couple of exciting glimpses. He has had a preseason where he has done that, and it was good to see him carry that through against opposition. Nathan Broad held his own. Oleg Markov came on and did some nice things, and shows good speed.

“It was good to give Dan Rioli a taste of it. He had a reasonably low possession rate but nevertheless did a couple of nice things.

“Reece Conca took on a bit more responsibility, and Corey Ellis and Connor Menadue, as second-year players, were reasonably competent at stages.”

Source: Herald-Sun website

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #173 on: February 21, 2016, 09:20:23 AM »
Dan Richardson said there were some positive signs for the inexperienced Tigers against a powerful Fremantle outfit.

“It was good to give Dan Rioli a taste of it. He had a reasonably low possession rate but nevertheless did a couple of nice things.”

Kudos to Dan, he got it right.  One touch does qualify as "a reasonably low possession rate".

Online taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #174 on: February 21, 2016, 09:30:01 AM »

“It was good to give Dan Rioli a taste of it. He had a reasonably low possession rate but nevertheless did a couple of nice things.”

Kudos to Dan, he got it right.  One touch does qualify as "a reasonably low possession rate".

2 kick, 2 handballs 3 marks & 1 tackle

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: February 21, 2016, 10:03:32 AM »
The thing I noticed the most on the night was the size difference. They have got bigger while we have got much thinner and leaner.

???
True but remember for one this isn't our round 1 squad and secondly no sub rule this season so you would have problems maintaining a tall squad week to week unless they are very fit and extremely mobile

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #176 on: February 21, 2016, 07:48:46 PM »
Seriously  ::) @ all this

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #177 on: February 22, 2016, 03:11:45 PM »
Here’s the good and the bad for each team in the NAB Challenge so far — and who can return for each side.

RICHMOND

WHAT TO LIKE:

With the Tigers fielding a half-strength side, the scoreboard was never a major consideration. The biggest positives were good returns from Corey Ellis and Connor Menadue, who both had a taste of AFL action last year and look set to play a much bigger role after a second AFL pre-season. Ellis in particular impressed with some precision delivery under pressure. Richmond needs Reece Conca to fulfil his potential as a No.6 draft pick and he showed some positive signs, running hard to pick up 20 disposals. The other cause for excitement were a couple of special moments from Sudanese rookie Mabior Chol. He stands 198cm, weighs just 78kg, took a couple of eye-catching grabs and swooped on a loose ball to snap a goal in the last quarter. He’s a long-term project but there is definitely some talent to work with.

ANY CONCERNS?

Richmond wasn’t sure why Ty Vickery was suffering dizzy spells early in the game but there was no mystery about Ben Griffiths’ grogginess — his jaw copped the full force of Aaron Sandilands’ shoulder. Richmond hopes neither injury is serious but both are in doubt for Saturday’s NAB 2 game against Hawthorn. The Tigers continued their pre-season experiment of playing Troy Chaplin up forward. He kicked a goal but it’s hard to see how he fits in with Jack Riewoldt, Vickery, Griffiths plus back-up Liam McBean. The ploy might not last, but then Damien Hardwick persisted with trying to turn Steven Morris into a goalkicker for most of last year.

BIG GUNS MISSING:

Trent Cotchin, Dustin Martin, Jack Riewoldt, Alex Rance, Shane Edwards, Ivan Maric, Bachar Houli, Anthony Miles, Chris Yarran (injured)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nab-challenge-we-take-a-look-at-all-the-opening-matches-from-the-afls-preseason-competition/news-story/2f10a6365623fc28a74294f1abcee855

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #178 on: February 28, 2016, 07:23:51 AM »
Thought it was very poor.

Killed where it mattered and a lot of cheap possessions for out top possession earners.

griff and astbury tasted like arse. Ellis Grigg conca Chaplin 3rd rate.

Now that Hawthorn game is done, can we spend some more time on how shyte we were against Freo?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #179 on: February 28, 2016, 10:00:06 AM »
Thought it was very poor.

Killed where it mattered and a lot of cheap possessions for out top possession earners.

griff and astbury tasted like arse. Ellis Grigg conca Chaplin 3rd rate.

Now that Hawthorn game is done, can we spend some more time on how shyte we were against Freo?

Ok. Where would you like to start? The usual dud half a dozen or so players, the playing of players out of position, or the poor disposal into inside 50?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018