Author Topic: Reece McKenzie has retired from AFL Football [update]  (Read 58352 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Reece McKenzie has retired from AFL Football [update]
« Reply #210 on: November 02, 2016, 02:02:51 PM »
Think he post fits in perfectly on this forum; lot's of complaining and swearing (albeit not avoiding the swear filter) not a whole lot of justification :snidegrin

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #211 on: November 02, 2016, 02:04:57 PM »
From his previous tweet, it seems he was not a Lids fan.  The concept of Lids not being a team player is gaining traction.

What did it say?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #212 on: November 02, 2016, 02:23:23 PM »
From his previous tweet, it seems he was not a Lids fan.  The concept of Lids not being a team player is gaining traction.

Hardly

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #213 on: November 02, 2016, 02:31:54 PM »

What did it say?

https://twitter.com/reecemck21/status/788638545736892416

Put the content and the time together and make the inference.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #214 on: November 02, 2016, 02:58:12 PM »
Wouldn't be the first time on earth young men got bitter and resentful when told to pull their heads in by older ones
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #215 on: November 02, 2016, 03:01:45 PM »
You ruined my destiny!  my birthright!  stuff me sideways princess what is going on with this generation of spawn.  We need a do over!
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #216 on: November 02, 2016, 03:15:51 PM »
the generation where awards were given out for participation will always expect that it's just given to them!

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #217 on: November 02, 2016, 03:23:26 PM »

I did mention this a number of times previously.  Shame we didn't pee B2 off also.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #218 on: November 02, 2016, 03:29:56 PM »
the generation where awards were given out for participation will always expect that it's just given to them!

:clapping
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #219 on: November 02, 2016, 03:56:43 PM »
Starting to gain some traction in the mainstream media this story.

Rohan Connolly and Andy Maher were talking about it on SEN earlier today.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #220 on: November 02, 2016, 05:42:59 PM »
Starting to gain some traction in the mainstream media this story.

Rohan Connolly and Andy Maher were talking about it on SEN earlier today.

Two Rhodes scholars.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #221 on: November 02, 2016, 06:02:06 PM »
A post by a young lad who is struggling with his life. A typical outburst of someone who needs help. That someone who has ability to be something very good, But then has no control over his  anxiety which can be crippling & debilitating. A perfect example happening right in front of our eyes. l feel for this young lad as l have seen this countless times. Anxiety affects people in so many ways & one of the strongest symptoms is chronic fatigue. This itself would have been a major factor why some players can't perform their job.  RFC could no longer keep him on & deciding in the best interests of all concerned to let him go to seek further help with professionals in that field.  Being back in his home state closer to his family is a good start. Regardless of him suffering this prior to coming to RFC. He would have been watched closely & had performed tasks covering all the ticks  to move to the next level. It does not take very much for general anxiety to kick in for anyone moving so far away from home, Away from family & friends & being with strangers trying to perform at a elite level that is extreme for most. l do hope this young fella can live life & enjoy any type of football in the future. Anxiety is not "Your a mental case" It a bit like being a adrenalin junkie. Some get a rush, Some get fatigued & exhausted without even doing anything & just can't do what their mind wants them too. It's a fear of failure & many other things. Everyone is different & everyone cope's with it in their own way. Everyone in life at some stage will suffer from anxiety which l have myself so l fully understand it. If you get the right help & communicate with many about it, You can live a very normal life. Anxiety / Depression seems to attack many types of people in sports.
This lad needs all the help he can get & it would be very weak & sad for anyone to attack him about what he is going through. The very best in health to you Reece.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #222 on: November 02, 2016, 06:26:39 PM »
His whole outburst is poles apart from what hie manager said at the time, actually praised Dan R in particular

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Reece McKenzie has retired from AFL Football [update]
« Reply #223 on: November 02, 2016, 07:07:12 PM »
Whoa.........telling it how it is.....clapping
Um, I am not sure that he is telling us how it is, just how he perceives it. It's a far cry from the statements he released when he retired. Anyway, I am resisting the temptation to use this as evidence of Dan Richardson's incompetence.

I'm sure there is far more compelling evidence out there that that of a young, confused and angry man whose AFL dream is currently smouldering....
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline dogged

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #224 on: November 02, 2016, 07:27:05 PM »

I did mention this a number of times previously.  Shame we didn't pee B2 off also.
Nothing like taking the word of somebody who for his own sake should probably never been drafted, and obviously doesn't like anybody who has some expectation of him.
To come out and attack the RFC and Dan Richardson like he has is just wrong, but in the present state of mind I'm not sure anybody should give him any credibility