Author Topic: Changes -v- Collingwood  (Read 16067 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes -v- Collingwood
« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2016, 07:59:39 AM »
I am not saying Morris played a good game. What I am talking about is team balance. Butler is a small forward. If you are going to replace Morris replace him with a backman who can take on small forwards.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2016, 03:36:40 PM »
The Tigers ramped up their preparations for Friday night's meeting with the Pies at training on Tuesday, with ruckman Ivan Maric (back) and midfielder Shaun Grigg (thumb) both joining in the session.

The two key players missed last week win's with injury.

Source: AFL website

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2016, 07:02:00 PM »
Ch 7 news tonight said Grigg will be back in the side this week.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2016, 07:09:18 PM »
*sigh*
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2016, 08:58:03 PM »
While Griff is fit play him and Vickory in the ruck and drop Hampson, especially with Collingwood having young and agile ruckman. Rest Maric for a couple more to try and get him 100%

I'd drop B. Ellis and bring in Castagna. It might put a rocket up Ellis that his spot is not an automatic one if he doesn't do something to change his game.
Castagna gives us real pace.
Play McIntosh at HB.

Edwards out opens the door Lennon.

I know Grigg is ready to go but let him play a game in the twos to show him his spot isn't automatic either. What would it hurt?? We don't really need his "one pace" running around the outsides of packs.

I don't really know much about Butler but his pace would be handy, so why not throw him in and see how he goes. He looked super quick last Thursday night at Punt Rd.

Imagine the speed around our forwardline with Rioli and Bulter with Menadue and Castagna off the wings. Not to shabby!!!

So
Ins- Butler, Castanga, Lennon

Outs- Hampson, B. Ellis, Edwards

Thoughts??

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2016, 09:07:53 PM »
Cant argue with any of that BT!  I'll buy it!    ;D
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2016, 09:14:22 PM »
A lot of talk on how rubbish B Ellis was against the scum but no mention of Cotchin despite both getting the same amount of touches. Difference is that B Ellis had better disposal efficiency, 1 score assist but just as many clangers as Cotchin.
If we drop the captain it'll wake the whole bloody team up. Wouldn't it hurt?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2016, 09:42:02 PM »
While Griff is fit play him and Vickory in the ruck and drop Hampson, especially with Collingwood having young and agile ruckman. Rest Maric for a couple more to try and get him 100%

I'd drop B. Ellis and bring in Castagna. It might put a rocket up Ellis that his spot is not an automatic one if he doesn't do something to change his game.
Play McIntosh at HB.

I know Grigg is ready to go but let him play a game in the twos to show him his spot isn't automatic either. What would it hurt?? We don't really need his "one pace" running around the outsides of packs.

I don't really know much about Butler but his pace would be handy, so why not throw him in and see how he goes. He looked super quick last Thursday night at Punt Rd.

Imagine the speed around our forwardline with Rioli and Bulter with Menadue and Castagna off the wings. Not to shabby!!!

So

Thoughts??

Agree.

That doesn't mean dicker will do it
Caracella and Balmey.

tony_montana

« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2016, 10:34:29 PM »
Yep I like it BT

Offline puntrd64

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2016, 11:14:39 PM »
Out: Morris
In: witches hat

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2016, 09:16:29 AM »

Play McIntosh at HB.

So

Thoughts??

Don't mind it but we still need experience in the team. Grigg will come straight in and play an inside mid role like last year. Butler has been playing mid and resting forward but needs more time to learn IMO. Plays like Lambert around the contest, tough player who wins his own ball and has the pace to break away. Castanga is an interesting call BT. Played extremely poorly last week so doesn't deserve the call up. Given his kicking is not very good his decision making ability (still needs work) will have a huge say in if he plays or doesn't. Castanga has the best teacher in Rance to guide him on decision making and if he gets it right, could be a good player into the future but not just yet.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2016, 11:00:12 AM »
Very loose definition of inside mid
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2016, 11:25:07 AM »
The only way B. Ellis is ever going to miss a match is if Big Tone ever carries out his threat of running him over.

Hardwick would never drop the kid.
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2016, 12:30:08 PM »
In the Mix: Round 2

Nathan Schmook
AFL.com.au
March 30, 2016

RICHMOND

Half-forward Ben Lennon appears likely to face Collingwood on Friday night as a replacement for Shane Edwards, who suffered a broken hand in round one. Lennon booted four goals in a VFL practice match last Thursday and is a like-for-like swap for Edwards.

The Tigers will be desperate for influential ruckman Ivan Maric to return after missing round one, but he will need to prove he is over a back problem this week. If available, he would be a direct swap for back-up big man Shaun Hampson.

Coach Damien Hardwick has ruled out vice-captain Brett Deledio (quadricep) for one more week, but midfielder Shaun Grigg (thumb) is likely to return.

Other changes from a scratchy first-up win could see round one emergencies Andrew Moore and Taylor Hunt considered.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-29/in-the-mix-round-two

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2016, 12:47:48 PM »
Taylor hunt. Lol
Caracella and Balmey.