Author Topic: Vfl today  (Read 3920 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Vfl today
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2016, 01:11:17 PM »
I could be wrong here but arent  they  a side who has most of its reserve grade players playing seniors thus this side is almost a reserve side for the seconds yet defeated our mob by how many.

Er NO

For their AFL list they promoted some rookies and signed de-listed / retried AFL players

Their VFL list, you know the players who cannot play for their AFL side is very strong unlike ours, which is average at best

Results was / is not good enough not disputing that but your assumption as to why is so far off the mark it isn't funny
Which players cannot play for the seniors that play for the VFL WP?
You cannot be talking about the banned 12 because they are not allowed to be playing any WADA sport, which includes the VFL.

Thanks.

Their VFL listed players, they've always focused having a strong VFL list while ours... well everyone knows view on our VFL list  ;D

All stand alone AFL sides fielding a VFL team  must have a certain number of VFL listed players.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2016, 12:55:30 AM »
I could be wrong here but arent  they  a side who has most of its reserve grade players playing seniors thus this side is almost a reserve side for the seconds yet defeated our mob by how many.

Er NO

For their AFL list they promoted some rookies and signed de-listed / retried AFL players

Their VFL list, you know the players who cannot play for their AFL side is very strong unlike ours, which is average at best

Results was / is not good enough not disputing that but your assumption as to why is so far off the mark it isn't funny
Which players cannot play for the seniors that play for the VFL WP?
You cannot be talking about the banned 12 because they are not allowed to be playing any WADA sport, which includes the VFL.

Thanks.

Their VFL listed players, they've always focused having a strong VFL list while ours... well everyone knows view on our VFL list  ;D

All stand alone AFL sides fielding a VFL team  must have a certain number of VFL listed players.
What is the reason our VFL list is so poor? You'd think a competitive environment would surely be better for development rather than a side that gets belted every week? Who's in charge of this?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2016, 06:50:40 AM »
What is the reason our VFL list is so poor? You'd think a competitive environment would surely be better for development rather than a side that gets belted every week? Who's in charge of this?

The people you've marked as "failed" on that other thread  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)