Author Topic: Why Richmond must improve rapidly if they are to make September (Foxsports)  (Read 5886 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Both Vickerys gone at the end of the year...one by choice, the other - not so much.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

Senior Development Coach-Mark 'Choco' Williams Fail Excluding obvious improvement in Rance, Martin etc. I still see players going backwards when drafted to us.

Again harsh call...funny I'd say Menadue's improved, others as well but we don't discuss those because it defeats the purpose I suppose

Risky business talking about positives WP.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

Senior Development Coach-Mark 'Choco' Williams Fail Excluding obvious improvement in Rance, Martin etc. I still see players going backwards when drafted to us.

Again harsh call...funny I'd say Menadue's improved, others as well but we don't discuss those because it defeats the purpose I suppose

Call 'em as I see 'em

I give out my fair share of whacks, cop some in return when people don't agree with me.

try to give kudos, when they are deserved

But to whack for the sake of it, with very little reason than appearing to want to play the man and not the ball well ... I'll leave that to the negativity very fast train  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

Call 'em as I see 'em

I give out my fair share of whacks, cop some in return when people don't agree with me.

try to give kudos, when they are deserved

But to whack for the sake of it, with very little reason than appearing to want to play the man and not the ball well ... I'll leave that to the negativity very fast train  :thumbsup

Nobody whacked you personally. But I see you have pre-emptivly got on the front foot in this respect. As a mod I guess this is sends a message as to acceptable posting. So be it.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Quote from: Dooks link=topic=23901.msg541217#msg541217
Nobody whacked you personally. But I see you have pre-emptivly got on the front foot in this respect. As a mod I guess this is sends a message as to acceptable posting. So be it.

Selective reading Dooks or just twisting things to suit a purpose?

Did i say Whacked in this thread?

No.

But i have been in a number of others - absolutely, which BTW I've not snipped. Copped a couple of good whacks after Friday night's loss for being critical. Will assume you missed those

So i haven't sent any message,  you've attempted to read something that's not there.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Quote from: Dooks link=topic=23901.msg541217#msg541217

Selective reading Dooks or just twisting things to suit a purpose?

Did i say Whacked in this thread?

No.

But i have been in a number of others - absolutely, which BTW I've not snipped. Copped a couple of good whacks after Friday night's loss for being critical. Will assume you missed those

So i haven't sent any message,  you've attempted to read something that's not there.

No particular purpose other than your response didn't make sense (to go whack in this thread) in the context of the thread, which is why I've called you out in a sense.

Not sure why you would post what you did in this thread if it was in response to other threads.  :huh

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
'Some' meaning most. That being the case, clean out required. Don't know how you could justify otherwise.

Wouldn't even try with you because you'd whack me any for always being "positive" (which I'm not BTW) and making excuses

Executive and Administration Assistant Football-Ashleigh Dummett Ok Ashliegh is alright. :whistle
AFL Compliance, Scheduling and Administration Manager-Jenna Earle Ok I heard she's doing a great job with scheduling and she goes alright.  :snidegrin

Snide comments and again do you know what their respective roles are?

Player Development Manager-Bronwyn Doig TBA I think Browyn needs to have a good look at how she's developing.

Again any idea what her role actually is?

Leadership Consultant-Gerard Murphy Fail The biggest problem we have at Richmond is leadership Gerald.  :scream

Actually agree with you here. HE was bought in (he's from leading teams) and we seem to have gone backwards

Defenders Coach-Ben RuttenFail Besides maybe Rance, our defenders don't have a clue this year, just ask Astbury.  :stupid
Again, it's his 2nd season & correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure in 2015 last season we had (based on all the stats) one of the best defences in the AFL. We are 2 games into season 2016 so to grade him fail is harsh and unrealistic

Development Coach-Ryan Ferguson Fail Elton Struggled.

1st season full time in role.

Is Elton all you can come up with?

Development Coach-Andrew McQualter Fail See Elton Struggled

See above re Elton

VFL Football Operations Manager-Daniel Hull Fail If it's this guys job to get a decent VFL squad then it's a fail.

good blame the bloke who has nothing to do with picking the players that go on the list but carry on. His role is mainly admin of the VFL side

Property and Facility Manager-Giuseppe Mamone Awesome (Sounds like he's Made) Well done Guiseppe. Great job!

best in the business is Seppe  ;D
:lol Ok WP, maybe I am off the mark with some of the fine working girls at the RFC but I stand by some of what I've graded.   ;)

What I'd like to see is a real expert like yourself, try grading the motley crew that is our football department. Are you up for it? :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
But by the same token, if we sacked every one of these Pusti Malakas tomorrow,
We wouldn't be any worse off.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
great flood would come in handy
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond

What I'd like to see is a real expert like yourself, try grading the motley crew that is our football department. Are you up for it? :thumbsup

Not an expert, just view certain roles differently because of having said roles explained to me

But happy to grade those who deserve to be graded for our on filed deeds. Will do it when I have some more time, which isn't tonight

But I refuse to pot people who have no direct impact on the on field results

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
On a basic level I think the issue we have at the moment is our A graders performances have plateaued and our 2nd tier players haven't lifted their level enough to fill the gap. As a result we have become a team bereft of star power and if we dont perform at a peak level across the board any team in the competition will give us trouble. Other top sides do have this star power and it might just win you that 3 or 4 close games which make the difference between a top 4 side and a team battling to make the 8.

This season especially I keep hearing new names of players from other sides who weren't especially high draft picks but are suddenly performing at a higher level. We dont seem to have that same continual development so in our current situation we really dont have much left in the bank.

I wonder if thats a result of the compromised drafts we used to reconstruct our team and basically the mid tier players have risen to their natural talent level and no further.  Like TV we took at pick 10 but really he was a pick 20+ odd.  Conca similarly.

We're no Geelong picking Paul Chapmans at 35 for sure.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
2nd tier;  yarren, Maric, Edwards out with injury

Hard to lift from te grandstand. I don't think the a graders have been too bad

It's the 5th tier that makes struggling
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
On a basic level I think the issue we have at the moment is our A graders performances have plateaued and our 2nd tier players haven't lifted their level enough to fill the gap. As a result we have become a team bereft of star power and if we dont perform at a peak level across the board any team in the competition will give us trouble. Other top sides do have this star power and it might just win you that 3 or 4 close games which make the difference between a top 4 side and a team battling to make the 8.

This season especially I keep hearing new names of players from other sides who weren't especially high draft picks but are suddenly performing at a higher level. We dont seem to have that same continual development so in our current situation we really dont have much left in the bank.

I wonder if thats a result of the compromised drafts we used to reconstruct our team and basically the mid tier players have risen to their natural talent level and no further.  Like TV we took at pick 10 but really he was a pick 20+ odd.  Conca similarly.

We're no Geelong picking Paul Chapmans at 35 for sure.

TV was before the concessions

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020

Not an expert, just view certain roles differently because of having said roles explained to me

But happy to grade those who deserve to be graded for our on filed deeds. Will do it when I have some more time, which isn't tonight

But I refuse to pot people who have no direct impact on the on field results
When are you going to grade the footy department WP?
The club that keeps giving.