Author Topic: Alastair Clarkson  (Read 9346 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Alastair Clarkson
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 05:05:15 PM »
Will never ever leave hawthorn, he will re-sign

Absolutely correct

Terms have been agreed to

Beside think you will find he actually contracted for next year via a clause in current contract

2 of the footy shows last night said just because he hasn't put pen on the paper doesn't mean there isn't an agreement in place

Absolutely love the RFC and supporters, typical, lets look at how he WON"T come to the club or how we CAN"T get him.....this is probably what the RFC do when recruiting and trying to get players in the off season..

Well done, gee what a bunch. :clapping

Some of us deal in facts aka reality....

Reality is he wont be leaving Hawthorn so instead of hoping he will somehow flick the Hawks for us or anybody else for that matter maybe we should focus on who we could get rather than who we wont

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2016, 05:26:06 PM »
Listening to Luke Hodge, he is one of the very few people who could walk straight into coaching. He actually behaves as a captain coach already as he continually marshals his troops on the field.

As a tiger supporter when he was young, I would be making little whispers into his ears at this point telling him we are very interested in looking at him as a future senior coach. He must know Clarkson's drills back to front now too. H would instantly get the respect of the playing group with his accomplishments.

It would be a coup to get him. I would be doing it NOW. Put the suggestion in his head. It's too late by the time you end up sacking the coach at the end of the year and even if we don't, let the suggestion consolidate in his head now.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2016, 05:42:09 PM »
Will never ever leave hawthorn, he will re-sign

Absolutely correct

Terms have been agreed to

Beside think you will find he actually contracted for next year via a clause in current contract

2 of the footy shows last night said just because he hasn't put pen on the paper doesn't mean there isn't an agreement in place

Absolutely love the RFC and supporters, typical, lets look at how he WON"T come to the club or how we CAN"T get him.....this is probably what the RFC do when recruiting and trying to get players in the off season..

Well done, gee what a bunch. :clapping

Reality is he wont be leaving Hawthorn so instead of hoping he will somehow flick the Hawks for us or anybody else for that matter maybe we should focus on who we could get rather than who we wont

Reality is we are crap. Fact is Batchelor is crap! But that doesn't stop some from believing he is the answer and we will still finish top 4.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2016, 05:59:54 PM »
Listening to Luke Hodge, he is one of the very few people who could walk straight into coaching. He actually behaves as a captain coach already as he continually marshals his troops on the field.

As a tiger supporter when he was young, I would be making little whispers into his ears at this point telling him we are very interested in looking at him as a future senior coach. He must know Clarkson's drills back to front now too. H would instantly get the respect of the playing group with his accomplishments.

It would be a coup to get him. I would be doing it NOW. Put the suggestion in his head. It's too late by the time you end up sacking the coach at the end of the year and even if we don't, let the suggestion consolidate in his head now.

Been saying this for a while ....our next premiership coach.... :shh

"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2016, 07:21:57 PM »
lol at the WPs of the world

Blokes like this pick the board, the board picks the hack coaches and list

No wonder the club has been a basket case for th best part of half a century

Aim low and no one will know your a loser eh lads?

One tip: don't you words like absolutely unless one understand the definition. Yes, the chances are low. Yet stranger things have happened in sport     
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2016, 07:40:54 PM »
I guess it's because Clarkson is known as a man of his word. And he has a verbal understanding with the club that he'll continue to coach Hawthorn.
So although nothing is impossible, the chances of him coaching Richmond next year would be less than 1 in a million.
I'm not sure why you are blaming the WPs of this world for our situation. I'm not even sure what that means. All I can say is if more people put the unpaid hours that a WP has in the past into the club, we would be far better off than we are now.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2016, 08:00:00 PM »
Offer him three times what the Armadale fairies offer him and see how goes

Wp is a good man and I like him. It was te mentality I was stereotyping
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2016, 08:57:19 PM »
I like Clarkson because he punched out an Adelaide supporter (the dream of many football supporters) ... but that's all I like him for. 
I'd try to get Hodge as an assistant coach ASAP (2017 or 2018?) & have a succession plan in place to put him in the chair after Hardwick finishes his contract.    :pray   :pray     
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2016, 09:30:12 PM »

Nup never take a player straight out as a coach.  Nearly always fails these days, back in the Blighty days fine, but now its suicide.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2016, 09:31:25 PM »
I like Clarkson because he punched out an Adelaide supporter (the dream of many football supporters) ... but that's all I like him for. 
I'd try to get Hodge as an assistant coach ASAP (2017 or 2018?) & have a succession plan in place to put him in the chair after Hardwick finishes his contract.    :pray   :pray     

Assistant coach Hodge yes please, we need to turn over some of our staff badly.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2016, 09:37:13 PM »

Nup never take a player straight out as a coach.  Nearly always fails these days, back in the Blighty days fine, but now its suicide.
He is different to all those others. Blight never coached a team on field. He was just a great player. Hodge coaches when he is on the field. Look closely at him next time.
He is different. Very different.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2016, 09:48:25 PM »
We should have got Danger

How did we let him go

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2016, 09:50:27 PM »

Reality is he was going to the cats

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2016, 09:58:43 PM »
We should have got Danger

How did we let him go
And Pavlich, Franklin, Parker, Cripps etc etc etc in the draft. :snidegrin

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2016, 10:08:21 PM »

Reality is he was going to the cats

That didn't stop you from being president of the " lets get Danger to tigerland " club.
Unleash the tornado