Author Topic: McBean and non-selection  (Read 8920 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: McBean and non-selection
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2016, 07:53:05 PM »
We overthink Ty, I'm not sure he's that good.
It's almost like that episode of Seinfeld where Kramer is accidentally asked to a meeting and ends up "working" for the company.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

tony_montana

« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2016, 08:32:17 PM »
so what message does it send if you're telling a player he needs to improve his workrate and then you reward him with a senior selection despite not improving on that?

on one hand people spew on vickery because he is lazy and plays without intensity, yet scream blue murder because he isnt being replaced with a bloke, who from many accounts this season, has exactly the same issue.

we just end up with the same poo in a different bucket.

probably the same message being sent to Ty? wh is it ok for him to be rewarded for 7 years? asking for 5-6 weeks is not asking too much imo

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2016, 11:35:37 PM »
Bad habits are already instilled in Ty. I also think despite him being lazy he adds a bit of structure and although he's no where good enough of a mark for a KPF (he probably is actually - just doesn't try it enough) he at least is still a threat to take one. Not sure McBean is to be honest, and I don't think he's athleticism will let him kick as many goals in the AFL as he gets away with in the VFL

tony_montana

« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2016, 09:53:19 AM »
maybe, but we'll never know if we dont try it