Author Topic: Dan Richardson on SEN / Tigers 'paying the price' for recruit strategy  (Read 20455 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Tigers footy boss in dawn dip

Michael Gleeson
The Age
5 May 2016

Richmond football boss Dan Richardson joined the Tigers players in a dawn dip in the bay this week as the club tried to bond after a difficult week and start to the season.

The early morning walk in the water at Kerferd Rd, South Melbourne, came after at least one of Richmond's so called top-up players, wingman Shaun Grigg, went to see Richardson on Tuesday for clarification on his position at the club after comments about recycled players Richmond had brought in.

It is understood a number of Richmond's mature recruits were troubled by comments from the club about trading in mature players and were concerned about where the comments left them.

he is an important player for us
," he said.

now grigg the superstar is not happy and wants to voice his concerns. Im with bents this guy can get stuffed.

the stuffin dud of all duds thinks he can question the clubs comments.

seriously Get the stuff Outta Here

« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 09:43:37 PM by one-eyed »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
 :banghead
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

tony_montana

Tigers footy boss in dawn dip

Michael Gleeson
The Age
5 May 2016

Richmond football boss Dan Richardson joined the Tigers players in a dawn dip in the bay this week as the club tried to bond after a difficult week and start to the season.

The early morning walk in the water at Kerferd Rd, South Melbourne, came after at least one of Richmond's so called top-up players, wingman Shaun Grigg, went to see Richardson on Tuesday for clarification on his position at the club after comments about recycled players Richmond had brought in.

It is understood a number of Richmond's mature recruits were troubled by comments from the club about trading in mature players and were concerned about where the comments left them.

he is an important player for us
," he said.

now grigg the superstar is not happy and wants to voice his concerns. Im with bents this guy can get stuffed.

the stuffin dud of all duds thinks he can question the clubs comments.

seriously Get the stuff Outta Here

Better watch out, ol Griggster will bring the cavalry (Lids) - Dan the man doesnt stand a chance

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Hacks like Grigg, Houli, B.Ellis, Conca, Griffiths, Batchelor & Hamspud will be here while ever clowns like Richardson, Hartley &  Half-Step Hardwick are running the show....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Chaplin will probably get another year too..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
i was about to write i dont believe it, but then i just though about our joke of a club and yep bookmark it.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
I feel a bit better

Learning old man dan Richardson went or a swim in the bay with te players

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
Richmond GM of Football Dan Richardson discusses the Tigers poor start to the season, and defends their overall strategy.

AUDIO: https://audioboom.com/boos/4507860-richmond-gm-of-football-dan-richardson-on-breakfast

----------------------------------------------------------

"We couldn't take eight years to rebuild. We needed to become competitive a bit quicker than that. But at that time all the best talent basically for the next four to five years was going to be going north (to Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney)," Richardson said.

"We're seeing the likes of GWS reap the rewards of that now. Our strategy wasn't just to go to the draft like a lot of clubs did because we knew that would probably take six to eight years and we've seen that with the likes of Melbourne.

"We didn't think Richmond fans would accept an eight-year rebuild. We turned it around in four, which I think was a terrific achievement.

"We're paying a price in the sense that we knew that that mature-age talent would get us to a point but not take us to the next level, which was always going to be the hardest part.

"While it's been disappointing somewhat to not win a final, it's been a good achievement to play finals for three years in a row for the first time for 20 years for the club."
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-02/richmond-paying-the-price-for-recruiting-strategy-says-football-manager

And now on juck time the pathetic becomes embarrassing

Actuallyit shows us up for what we actually are...a disgraceful, dishonest football club

This is trolling mate

But yeah welcome to three years ago

It's only starting to hit some now how putrid we are. The rest of us led by the great claw, realised it when we lost to the blues, and the subsequent response in the first few rounds of the next year

And some of us were hit with infractions for posting content that was perceived as 'too negative' after many complaints from other posters.

The same posters who now agree. You know who you are.

Perhaps it's a lesson for all involved.

On the final 4 lines. Not that I've ever complained as debating a different view should be a key part of any forum but I'd argue that your view has been consistent for a couple of years.
We finished 5th last year and it was a good year without being great.
I'd argue on balance that any poster who disagreed with you until this year could do so with credibility and in fact win that debate in the eyes of others if not yours.
Waiting until we fail doesn't make you right in hindsight.

There is no lesson to be learned here.

It's just grandstanding to say otherwise.

Having posted the above, I'd acknowledge you've made a number of valid views this year which I've agreed with - partly because of club performance, partly because of the way they've been constructed.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Thank goodness i had parked the car when he made is "the fams wouldn't have accepted an 8 year rebuild" comment

What an absolute cop out and insult.

We deserve better than having to carry the can for the clubs mistakes  :banghead

Vote with your arse.
Stop going to games.
Everybody !!

:thumbsup
x2

People r clearly doing this.
Crowds 6k down.
Well done, Peoples.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Weak pricks

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Thank goodness i had parked the car when he made is "the fams wouldn't have accepted an 8 year rebuild" comment

What an absolute cop out and insult.

We deserve better than having to carry the can for the clubs mistakes  :banghead

Vote with your arse.
Stop going to games.
Everybody !!

:thumbsup
x2

People r clearly doing this.
Crowds 6k down.
Well done, Peoples.

Yep and I'm one and I tell you it's great. You actually care less about this joke of a club by doing something else worthwhile.

2 games this year and one I left at half time.

Jackstar 1960

I go every week
Can tell you the club really don't care if you turn up or not
They have over 70,000 members
Why pay for something and don't attend
Most idiotic thing I have heard of
Will be there again at Etihad next Sat night
Booked away game seats at start of the year
Go Tiges

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
yo dont think they will care when they dont get anywhere 70k members next year?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Rubbish they care
I downgraded so what's a few hundred and I have an AFL which I use to go to the GF. Also cancelled my rioli.

I Would spend that anyway attending a handful of games which is the maximum time I would allow myself to watch these losers

Weekends are better spent elsewhere than wasting my time on this current group of losers running this club

you enjoy dimwit and his bunch of croonies though  :thumbsup