Author Topic: Tigers open themselves to poaching raid ..... (Herald-Sun)  (Read 6663 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers open themselves to poaching raid ..... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2016, 02:01:42 PM »
what clause can the player utilise to not take up the option?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2016, 02:09:50 PM »
The right to play at a well run club with a realistic chance at a premiership in the next decade clause?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2016, 02:42:55 PM »
obviously.
5 years or 10?

3 with 2 year option

So if we'll be stuck with him for a minimum of 5 years, possibly know he's a dud before then but could still have him for 7 years? Also, most kids would be pretty keen to improve before they sign any long term contracts...more money.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2016, 03:00:07 PM »

So if we'll be stuck with him for a minimum of 5 years, possibly know he's a dud before then but could still have him for 7 years?

Yeah it's not like he's our coach.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2016, 04:01:38 PM »
Lids, Martin, Miles and Rioli should be offered contract extensions beyond 2017 this year. Stuff the rest of the '17 crew.

Bit stiff on Lennon and McIntosh, no?

How is Elton still going beyond this year :lol.

Why in gods name have c Ellis , vlastuin not yet been put on long term deals

What do these idiots in charge do all day
Ellis is in his second year and only now just getting consistant games, ease up :lol

Lennon not too stiff IMO, would like to see him more but is he 'smashing down the door' so to say? Basically almost any player is tradeable if you get a good enough deal.

I'd let Riewoldt and Rance go to say Geelong if they offered us Selwood, Dangerfield, Hawkins and Taylor. Clearly that won't happen but suffice to say if a decent deal is offered for blokes like Lennon and McIntosh I wouldn't be too upset to see them go at this stage.

Elton beyond this year depends entirely on whether or not Hardwick has the balls to play him for the rest of the season and just admit that Astbury is crap and Chaplin is finished.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2016, 10:32:06 PM »
Lids, Martin, Miles and Rioli should be offered contract extensions beyond 2017 this year. Stuff the rest of the '17 crew.

Bit stiff on Lennon and McIntosh, no?

How is Elton still going beyond this year :lol.

Why in gods name have c Ellis , vlastuin not yet been put on long term deals

What do these idiots in charge do all day
Ellis is in his second year and only now just getting consistant games, ease up :lol

Lennon not too stiff IMO, would like to see him more but is he 'smashing down the door' so to say? Basically almost any player is tradeable if you get a good enough deal.

I'd let Riewoldt and Rance go to say Geelong if they offered us Selwood, Dangerfield, Hawkins and Taylor. Clearly that won't happen but suffice to say if a decent deal is offered for blokes like Lennon and McIntosh I wouldn't be too upset to see them go at this stage.

Elton beyond this year depends entirely on whether or not Hardwick has the balls to play him for the rest of the season and just admit that Astbury is crap and Chaplin is finished.

The right deal yes, I just took "stuff them off" as delist or trade for peanuts. Can't argue with the explanation though :thumbsup