Author Topic: Boycott Richmond - Richmond blame fans for failed rebuild  (Read 5003 times)

Offline potsclub

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Boycott Richmond - Richmond blame fans for failed rebuild
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2016, 09:33:34 PM »
"We didn't think Richmond fans would accept an eight-year rebuild. We turned it around in four, which I think was a terrific achievement...."

Underlined area probably sums it up.

Waited 10 years already ffs

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2016, 07:00:39 AM »
whats the point? openness and transparency.
most people prefer an explanation, even if they dont agree with it rather than a "because i said so"

Ok here you go

Reason it was removed

Considering the word we live in, how litigious society has become. Based on cyber bullying laws (including threats, stalking & abuse) the site was at risk by being able to be linked back to how a person got the email address.

So however remotely or unlikely this site and including the original poster could be considered complicit or inciting any proven case of cyber abuse or bullying if emails sent were of that nature. Throw in the fact that the actual email address was not easily found. So I got removed

As I said yesterday people may not like it, may not agree with it, laugh it off, ridicule us and shake their collective heads and say what I've just highlighted is absolute crap but that was the advice received.

Again have said it before we as site owners have had to deal with a major legal issue in the past and based on that we will continue to remove anything that we are advised could put this site at risk

WP & Mr OE

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2016, 10:52:26 AM »
Am I allowed to post 'I hate grigg' and 'Chaplin is a stuffin dud' or is that bullying too?
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2016, 11:06:53 AM »
Am I allowed to post 'I hate grigg' and 'Chaplin is a stuffin dud' or is that bullying too?

Actually it is a good question, not in relation to what you say but some of the personal attacks on individuals (or those related to individuals) in the RFC.  There have been instances of personal abuse and threats of physical violence on both players, officials and their relatives.

Now its obvious in most cases it is just people venting and letting off steam, but a question I have often asked is there a duty of care for this forum in this regard.

I think a legal thread with a voice given to a legal expert would be beneficial.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2016, 01:25:42 PM »
whats the point? openness and transparency.
most people prefer an explanation, even if they dont agree with it rather than a "because i said so"

Ok here you go

Reason it was removed

Considering the word we live in, how litigious society has become. Based on cyber bullying laws (including threats, stalking & abuse) the site was at risk by being able to be linked back to how a person got the email address.

So however remotely or unlikely this site and including the original poster could be considered complicit or inciting any proven case of cyber abuse or bullying if emails sent were of that nature. Throw in the fact that the actual email address was not easily found. So I got removed

As I said yesterday people may not like it, may not agree with it, laugh it off, ridicule us and shake their collective heads and say what I've just highlighted is absolute crap but that was the advice received.

Again have said it before we as site owners have had to deal with a major legal issue in the past and based on that we will continue to remove anything that we are advised could put this site at risk

WP & Mr OE

So I am correct in saying that essentially the advice is that if the site put up the email addresses of those in question and a poster on this site sent an email which offended against the Crimes Act 1958(eg stalking) then not only the poster but the operators of the site could face criminal charges on the basis that the site operators were acting in common with the poster or aiding abetting the poster commit a criminal offence.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2016, 01:43:10 PM »
Wont be posting the email address again as you've supplied the link to website (even that it's the wrong one) that's all that needed in this case

We just follow the advice of my legal eagle, they said it was a dumb move having it posted here, gave reasons, so it got removed.

Actually that was the correct site.

Also WP I have a question out of curiousity. Does your 'legal eagle' read/comment on this site (no need to tell us who if they do) or do you just take specific things to him to get his opinion?

Ruanaidh

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2016, 04:29:33 PM »
Wont be posting the email address again as you've supplied the link to website (even that it's the wrong one) that's all that needed in this case

We just follow the advice of my legal eagle, they said it was a dumb move having it posted here, gave reasons, so it got removed.

Actually that was the correct site.

Also WP I have a question out of curiousity. Does your 'legal eagle' read/comment on this site (no need to tell us who if they do) or do you just take specific things to him to get his opinion?
Getting a bit 'twitchy' are you? ;)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2016, 05:17:57 PM »
So I am correct in saying that essentially the advice is that if the site put up the email addresses of those in question and a poster on this site sent an email which offended against the Crimes Act 1958(eg stalking) then not only the poster but the operators of the site could face criminal charges on the basis that the site operators were acting in common with the poster or aiding abetting the poster commit a criminal offence.

You sound like a lawyer  ;D and you raise an interesting question. Do you have the answer?

I was talking more from the possibility of civil proceedings. Which we were facing a couple of years ago with stuff that had been posted on here a number of years prior to us being contacted. People scoff but it was a very serious situation and since then we take absolutely no chances.

No they don't post here.

We have a very clear set of guidelines we've been given and we follow those. Anything outside of those guidelines that concerns us we get further advice.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2016, 06:44:35 PM »

You sound like a lawyer  ;D and you raise an interesting question. Do you have the answer?

I was talking more from the possibility of civil proceedings. Which we were facing a couple of years ago with stuff that had been posted on here a number of years prior to us being contacted. People scoff but it was a very serious situation and since then we take absolutely no chances.

No they don't post here.

We have a very clear set of guidelines we've been given and we follow those. Anything outside of those guidelines that concerns us we get further advice.

Thank you for your post. I can understand the need to be cautious and the operators of the site should be congratulated on taking such an approach. It not only protects the operators of the site from civil action but also the possibility of any criminal charges. By not putting yourself in such a position it saves the operators of the site from accusations of behaviour which could well be classed as criminal behaviour.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2016, 11:19:56 AM »
"We didn't think Richmond fans would accept an eight-year rebuild. We turned it around in four, which I think was a terrific achievement...."

Tick Tock Tick Tock
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2016, 12:52:26 PM »

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Yep, of all the dumb crap peddled by the club this year - this one takes the biscuit
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2016, 09:31:55 PM »
It would appear very hard for faceless keyboard posters to accept their share of blame for what has gone wrong

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2016, 06:53:35 AM »
Richmond as average as the welsh national football team